Are people playing the new matchmaking system for advantage?

TrixxieTriss

People saying premades who were previously carried by faction or whatever are getting wake up

Calls and losing now, but what about those of us who mostly play solo? I’ve done matches where I get over 2 million damage and no one else cracks 400k. That’s a thing that’s actually happened several times in the last day or two. Trying to heal those groups is even worse, because although I’m totally used to healer tunnel now they just completely ignore my team dps altogether and I get the 5-6v1 dogpile.

I initially just chalked it up to most of the good players doing SR leaving the dregs to play regs, but this seems to be a thing. Clearly something is “off”.

I don’t think faction imbalance inflated my “hidden ELO” so much that I get these kinda groups, because as a solo queuer I did a pretty fair amount of losing before this matchmaking.

Edited by ace_boogie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Elo" as you're refering to it doesn't work that way.

if your elo scenario has 4 people it will give you 2 gold rated and 2 bronze vs 4 silvers.

so in 8s, you would get (in theory) 4 golds, 4 bronze vs 8 silver. a gold wouldn't be forced to carry 7 bronze/blues

Edited by Seterade

the way you explained it is exactly how I “thought” it should work

How it has played out often is 1 silver (me) getting grouped with 1 bronze and 6 woods vs a team with anything better

I haven’t done scoreboard screenshots in forever, but some of the results are shockingly bad

Edited by ace_boogie

"Elo" as you're refering to it doesn't work that way.

if your elo scenario has 4 people it will give you 2 gold rated and 2 bronze vs 4 silvers.

so in 8s, you would get (in theory) 4 golds, 4 bronze vs 8 silver. a gold wouldn't be forced to carry 7 bronze/blues

We don't really know how this hidden ELO is calculated nor how it really works since BW has given no information about it.

As has been discussed in this thread, the ideal scenario would be 2 gold, 4 silver, and 2 bronze per team. The system does not appear to be doing that and instead comes up with teams of 4 gold and 4 bronze against 8 silver. This has also been discussed and those 4 gold can't carry those 4 bronze simply because they can't be every where at once.

The 8 silver have a far better chance of winning because of the incalculable things like knowing a rotation, gearing, calling incs, etc. If the 4 bronze do not know any of these things which it appears that a lot of them don't, then it's going to be a relatively easy win for the silvers.

People saying premades who were previously carried by faction or whatever are getting wake up

Calls and losing now, but what about those of us who mostly play solo? I’ve done matches where I get over 2 million damage and no one else cracks 400k. That’s a thing that’s actually happened several times in the last day or two. Trying to heal those groups is even worse, because although I’m totally used to healer tunnel now they just completely ignore my team dps altogether and I get the 5-6v1 dogpile.

I initially just chalked it up to most of the good players doing SR leaving the dregs to play regs, but this seems to be a thing. Clearly something is “off”.

I don’t think faction imbalance inflated my “hidden ELO” so much that I get these kinda groups, because as a solo queuer I did a pretty fair amount of losing before this matchmaking.

they already said that that your "regular warzone rating" is not affected by win/loses. so what is left? dps/hps, kills and objective.

if i remember correctly the will put high rating player against each other. so if you're listing solo with high rating and a premade ist listing with high rating. only the highest will count for their group and the will be against you most of the time.

it's a pity. i've seen this on my own that i'll have those better premades always in the enemy team even if i'm alone.

So it hurting your game if you'll list alone or just with one mate. you'll get some random lower rating players. 7 of them if you'Re alone...against a premade which will get only 4 lower rating players...

the results are indeed shocking as you mentioned. there are DPS between 500 - 2000. than you and the premades DPS with 4-6k...

Edited by ultimarb