Can we get legacy-to-legacy or account-to-account ignore?

StrikePrice

Having a single ignore list across all my characters is normally viewed out here in Playerland as non-problematic, and I think it would be a good idea. (There's a debate about whether it should be one list for my whole legacy or one list per faction, although I'll note that mixed-faction teams in WZs suggest strongly that it should be one list for my whole legacy.)

Ignoring a whole other legacy is more contentious because there's a slightly theoretical way for a stalker to see if characters A and B are on the same legacy. It works best if you have access to a second view of the same place's general chat, and goes something like this:

* Open the access to the second view, one of:

** Get a friend to log in on his account and communicate "out-of-band" (Discord or equivalent, telephone, private SWTOR chat channel, whatever).

* You and your second view listen to B in chat.

* You on your main account /ignore A.

* You and your second view listen to B. If you both still hear B, A and B are on different accounts.

The obvious objection to that is "yeah but who would go to all that trouble?", to which I say that obsessives will go to extraordinary lengths to fulfill their obsessions. After all, *normal* people wouldn't think , "OK, so how do I impress that woman so she'll go out with me? I know! I'll assassinate the President," but that's essentially what Hinckley did.

actually my thoughts on steve's objections are:

• A) The targeted person can ignore whole legacies so adding another is a trivial matter.
  • B) Hiding on alts was always a suboptimal solution that operates to the detriment of the targeted person
  • C) The exact same ability already exists for persons tageting another to create an alt on their same account, so this would raise the bar on casual serial harrassment; thus making it less common, AND easier to track.
  • D) additionally reduces "shell game" abuse
  • E) Perfect is the enemy of useful.... there are no perfect solutions, but this would certainly be useful

ETA:

Op's suggestion should also apply to ban lists.

Edited by Void_Singer