Voss Trials

Flaraza

What's the deal with this Quest? - I'm usually just picking random stuff.

Additionally is the datacron associated with this quest only obtainable while this quest is active? (or after you completed it? - I just want to know if its missable really.)

The trick to the trials is to do the optional mission you can get by talking to the voss outside the temple. Just remember the themes (Mystics sacrifice for the good of the Voss, a mystic's vision is never wrong, etc.) and you're good to go.

You can only get that datacron after you have completed the quest. When you complete it, in the same roon where it is in the corner a group of voss are around this crystal thing. Click it and meditate, and then go click on the datacron.

The quest is pretty cool, at the end you get a vision, and it gives you a hint about the ending of your story.

The trick to the trials is to do the optional mission you can get by talking to the voss outside the temple. Just remember the themes (Mystics sacrifice for the good of the Voss, a mystic's vision is never wrong, etc.) and you're good to go.

But what does getting the answers 'right' and 'wrong' mean/ effect your quest reward etc?

You can only get that datacron after you have completed the quest. When you complete it, in the same roon where it is in the corner a group of voss are around this crystal thing. Click it and meditate, and then go click on the datacron.

The quest is pretty cool, at the end you get a vision, and it gives you a hint about the ending of your story.

Okay thanks. Once I've completed it i can get it anytime? or is it only right after you complete it that you can get it?

Or more simply: is it in an instance I can get locked out of?

Edited by Flaraza

The more questions you get right on the first trial, th less things you have to kill to clear the first trial(if you get everything right the first trial involves no combat). After the first trial what you say doesn't really matter.

Bingo. Correctly go along with their cultural mores and they won't sic angry spirit dogs on you during that first trial. Your reward at the end is not impacted, and in fact nothing after that first room is impacted, by your answers.

• 1 year later...

At the very end of your discussion in that glowy gold room with the mystics, they will all take turns passing judgment on your answers. There is a ritualistic phrase that they recite which will tell you if you answered to their satisfaction or not.

If you pass this trial, they will all repeat: "A mystic's words have weight. You understand." If you fail, I think they say something like, "you are not a mystic."

I found this quest confusing at first as well. It took me a couple runs to realize that they were talking hypothetically about "the vision you just had".

As above, yes, you need to answer with whatever a proper mystic would do.

A) Always obey the vision, even if it sounds like bad stuff will happen

B) Mystic sees the future, but the Interpreters do the actual... uh, interpreting

C) Be self-sacrificing

Or of course you can refuse to play along and tell the Voss off at ever opportunity. That's fun too.

• 3 years later...
Any truth to the rumor that you don't get the bonus vision if you answer all the questions in the first trial correctly?

You mean at the very end of the quest, the vision of the last antagonist in your class storyline? No truth at all, then. I just did the quest a few days ago with a bounty hunter - got all the questions in the first trial correct, and still had the final vision.

If there's a *different* vision you're talking about... uh, I have no idea about that? I've answered every question incorrectly, a few questions right and a few wrong, and every one correctly through various characters. Their "trials" didn't change.