Maintenance: May 10th, 2018

ServerDroid

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, May 10th in order to apply Game Update 5.9a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 10 May 2018

TIME: 8:00AM - 11:00AM CT (1400 - 1700 GMT)

VERSION: 5.9

Patch Notes will be available on Wednesday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please, please, please, please, get clarification on whether the current state of gold repeatable conquest objectives (supposedly once per day per legacy) are working as intended now (once per day per toon) or if they are currently bugged?

This is probably the biggest issue with 5.9 and there has been absolutely no communication from the devs about it.

Edited by krosswong

Can we please, please, please, please, get clarification on whether the current state of gold repeatable conquest objectives (supposedly once per day per legacy) are working as intended now (once per day per toon) or if they are currently bugged?

This is probably the biggest issue with 5.9 and there has been absolutely no communication from the devs about it.

Musco said a while back that in 5.9 they'd be swapping the gold and blue icons. Working as intended.

Musco said a while back that in 5.9 they'd be swapping the gold and blue icons. Working as intended.

<strike>Cite your source, please.

The blue icons work and have worked the same way since the new conquest system was added, infinitely repeatable. The yellow icons went from once per day per legacy in 5.8 to once per day per toon in 5.9. So a little clarification on that would be nice.</strike>

Edit, my mistake: what were once per legacy per day objectives are now repeatable on multiple toons per day, can we get clarification on this being a bug or working as intended.

Edited by krosswong

HEURE : 1600h (heure de Paris) à 1900h (heure de Paris)

ZEIT: 1500Uhr MESZ bis 1800Uhr MESZ

Incorrect: "8:00AM - 11:00AM CT (1400 - 1700 GMT)"

Correct: "9:00AM - 12:00PM CDT (1400 - 1700 GMT)"

Incorrect: "1500Uhr MESZ bis 1800Uhr MESZ"

Correct: "1600Uhr MESZ bis 1900Uhr MESZ"

Edited by SchnellesWiesel

<strike>Cite your source, please.

The blue icons work and have worked the same way since the new conquest system was added, infinitely repeatable. The yellow icons went from once per day per legacy in 5.8 to once per day per toon in 5.9. So a little clarification on that would be nice.</strike>

Edit, my mistake: what were once per legacy per day objectives are now repeatable on multiple toons per day, can we get clarification on this being a bug or working as intended.

New UI Confusion

There definitely is some confusion around the iconography in the new UI, especially for Objectives. For quick reference right now, Yellow icon means infinitely repeatable, Blue means daily repeatable, no icon means once per week.

Plan: With 5.9 we will be adjusting some text along with adding tooltips to ensure that is a bit clearer. We’re also going to be swapping the yellow/blue to be consistent with the rest of the game. In addition, we’ll be adding some additional fly text for Conquest Objective completion.

-eric

/5char

/5char

I believe the point of the question is this:

Are they switching the ICONS or are the now gold activities REPEATABLE per day per toon?

Basically what is a bug and what isn't.

Fyi this is what we meant by lack of communication. They cant tell us if something is a bug or not?

Edited by KendraP

Thursday is a holiday in Europe and it will be in the middle of the day you take down the servers. Thanks for that :(

Its always in the middle of prime night time for aussies, its always going to be bad for someone but maint is essential.

Edited by Suzsi

I thought that before the changes to Conquest that Heroic missions when on conquest were infinitely repeatable, are they only allowing these to be once per day per legacy. Is this going back to the way it was? I noticed that the dailies on Iokath were repeatable.

I'm pretty sure this maintenance is to fix the achievements bug from last week:

Here's the latest information - Our priority focus is to resolve the issue related to the resetting of achievements. After that is deployed through a short downtime later today (it's being verified right now) and we know we've resolved the issue, we'll begin working on retrieving past achievement progress and, where possible (my disclaimer), add progress made since 5.9, for players who experienced this issue. You do not need to submit a Customer Service ticket!

Please note this will not be resolved and deployed until next week at the earliest, as we need adequate time to validate your data will be properly restored.

We'll keep you apprised.

---Keith

Nice job of them getting this sorted this quickly.

None of you guys have obviously been affected by the achievement reset bug.

So just stop. The servers needed to be patched DAYS ago.

Right now, any time is the right time to fix this problem.

None of you guys have obviously been affected by the achievement reset bug.

So just stop. The servers needed to be patched DAYS ago.

Right now, any time is the right time to fix this problem.

If that is indeed all they are doing, awesome, nice work on a fast response for once.

But the questions on what is intended ala yellow daily objectives (per legacy or per toon) and whether or not it's a bug are valid concerns as well. An answer before I had to make a conquest setting decision yesterday would have been nice.

I am not entirely sure I understand that issue. In the tooltip it says what the 2 colors mean.

Maybe the problem is that bug that have been around since the CQ overhaul. If you log into an alt that has not previously logged in on that particular day, the once pr day missions are reset. So you have been able to do all once pr day missions on your main. Then you log an alt, log back to the main, and you can do them over again. Until now you have been able to do this as many times as you have fresh alts to log.

I am not entirely sure I understand that issue. In the tooltip it says what the 2 colors mean.

Maybe the problem is that bug that have been around since the CQ overhaul. If you log into an alt that has not previously logged in on that particular day, the once pr day missions are reset. So you have been able to do all once pr day missions on your main. Then you log an alt, log back to the main, and you can do them over again. Until now you have been able to do this as many times as you have fresh alts to log.

Sure the tooltip says daily/legacy and repeatable. I know this and that is why I think it's a bug. Pre-5.9 it was obviously a bug as it was wholly inconsistent. Sometimes they reset, sometimes they didn't (for me anyway). Now it's always, and a simple relog resets the most effective means of repeatable conquest gathering. Bug or no? It's a simple yes or no question that only they have the answer to.

Tinfoil hat moment- maybe they're not acknowledging it because, if it is a bug, and they patch it tomorrow, a lot of people are going to be unhappy again...

The issue is a lack of communication here- what is a bug and what is intended and why can they not answer a yes or no question that impacts basic decisions I make for my guild.

Edited by KendraP

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, May 10th in order to apply Game Update 5.9a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 10 May 2018

VERSION: 5.9

Patch Notes will be available on Wednesday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

There will most likely be a 5.9a to fix all the minor bugs/issues like this that we've found.

Was I right? Ou est le P'tach Notes? It's been Weds for 17 hours! :p