Creating a Ballroom

MiralukaJedi

So, I was working on my Coruscant Stronghold and rather than just do the usual "garage", I thought I'd make my garage a ballroom. It has a wide-open area, it has a little stage (given stage is at entrance, but still), but then it hit me. I have NO idea what to do to make it look like a "ballroom" as opposed to an empty room.

What types of decorations would you expect to see? What types of lights? Etc etc.

Clearly most the floor needs to be open space for dancing and such, but what else? I'm debating giving up on the idea and just using a massive library instead, but I was hoping to see if others had ideas for decorations for me to look in to.

Working with what I've read about balls from Jane Austen's regency era novels... you'd want some chairs and couches around the edges to give people who are watching something to lounge on and possibly a table or two to hold refreshments. On the walls... banners, maybe? Large paintings would work, too, but don't think too many of those are available. Instruments on the "stage" might give a good hint if we had any available yet, not sure. Something piano-ish would be perfect. Anything resembling a chandelier would give it a nice touch, too. :)

The above suggestions are good. Maybe some potted plants along the edges, too. Given what's available at the moment, you may want the jukebox, which plays music when you click on it, and the Gree Sphere Lamp, which is the closest we have to a disco ball for now. If you want a more elegant dance room, then the Luxury Hanging Lamp is the closest we have to a chandelier. You've probably seen the dancers available with Cartel certificates (you should be able to find some on the GTN if you don't have any certificates), so you could put those down to make it clear where people are supposed to be dancing.

Oh, and if you're looking for elegant wall decorations, the Luxury Wall Sconce is quite nice.

Edited by Mireleni