Worth loosing set bonuses?

oleost

Hello.

Im currently geared with a mix of 61/63 amorings on my Shadow tank, and currently have following armorings in my backpack

* 2x 69 armoring with 67end and 81willpower

* 2x 69 armoring with 77End and 72Willpower

If I use 1 of them I loose my 4 piece setbonus and if I use 3 I loose my 2 piece setbonus.

Question is, is it worth it? Since i both get higher END and higher item rating ?

Personally I no longer have the 4 set bonus, but I feel that with the changes to shield in 2.0, that loosing the +5% shield chance to kinetic ward is to great, especially with all the stats we've lost.

Then again, I didn't do any math, so my decision could be completely wrong :)

Edited by GuruVII

I've sacrificed the four piece bonus, but am currently refusing to give up the two piece. Two armorings below par compared to losing 5% shield chance... I don't think it is worth the trade off, shield chance is more important.

• 2 weeks later...
I've sacrificed the four piece bonus, but am currently refusing to give up the two piece. Two armorings below par compared to losing 5% shield chance... I don't think it is worth the trade off, shield chance is more important.

Exactly, if you can make sure you get your set bonus from your Gloves/Boots they give less armor than Head, Chest, and Legs.

It's not worth even dropping the 4-piece set bonus.

Replacing 2 of the 63 armorings with 69 armorings will increase the K/E damage reduction gained from armor rating by about 0.5%, (I'm averaging a bit since gloves/boots add less than chest or helmet and such, also note: I said from armor rating, not the total number) but the set bonus gives you 2%, so if you drop the set bonus you end up with less damage reduction, and the difference is so big even the increase in willpower and endurance don't make up for it.

Trading 63 with set bonus to 69 without set bonus:

- By dropping the 4 piece set bonus, you loose 1.5% kinetic/energy damage reduction and 2% internal/elemental damage reduction.

-By also dropping the 2 piece set bonus, you loose 1% kinetic/energy damage reduction and 2% internal/elemental damage reduction and 5% shield chance.

So for all who chose to loose the 4 piece set bonus, and keep only the 2 piece set bonus, that was not a good idea.

Besides, the 4 piece set bonus is better than the 2 piece set bonus, unless you have more than 40% absorb, which you currently probably don't have.

Edited by Eternalnight