Community Feedback: a note to Bioware

Auxili

Bump. And:

I think Bioware do care and they are trying. It's up to the community to keep being positive, helpful, and constructive however. Feedback is a two-way street.

If they cared they would first of all be more communicative and carry open and constructive dialogue with us customers. No communication = fastest way to kill a MMO. But I'm pretty sure BW already know this, afterall, this isn't 1997. Btw, did I just say more communicative? Atm there is no communication at all. Patch 1.1 proved that.

What do they do when they mess up a patch and its following emergency patch that was supposed to fix stuff like random flickering and loading screens introduced by the first patch? They offer a shiny but useless 'Founder' title (but only if you resubscribe, lol) and post a video of upcoming features in a distant future.

See what they did there?

If tomorrow BW were to start communicating and show us customers that they really care I would bet you my left arm that most of the flaming currently going on would cease to exist. Been there, seen that. But unfortunately, for every day that passes I lose more faith in BW. They've been ignoring feedback pretty much since pre-beta. It's like they simply don't care. Or can't be bothered. Which is straight out disappointing.

Edited by darthtoph

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interacting with the community does not mean releasing a trailer and telling us about a new title.

Interacting with your constructive community involves actual interaction.

Can we expect any better from EA/Bioware Austin, the developers responsible for Warhammer and NGE?

Today's problems could have been avoided by listening to feedback given 2 weeks ago. So yes, they could benefit greatly from valuing their community.

I agree, the thing is Ive covered all of this in 4 different posts on both the closed and open beta testing in Sept and Oct. I was not the only voicing these opinions to including other employees of bioware on the closed beta.

And then to top it off with this founder title. that should be given to anyone who pre-ordered and played during launch. hugh money grab before a failing game.

I would not be surprised for more money grabbing ideas coming out soon.

it really bums me out knowing that a lot of this stuff could have been avoided in beta if they had really taken into consideration all of our feedback.

i was a beta tester long before the final beta weekends and but a lot of tickets through on things that were bugged or just flat out terrible, like the ui and the gtn.

they tried to smash bugs in beta and would succeed on some but cause some others in the process. im not sure if it was a learning process for them or if it was the warhammer crew just doing their thing.

but, as we have all seen since launch it isn't changing and probably won't anytime soon. and patch 1.1 really didn't deliver most of any of the things they said it would.

i still cant abandon quests that are gray to me, they just covered up medium graphic settings with the word "high". its still medium guys.

the sound in warzones like civil war is messed up now, my friends get it too when were in there. sounds like a ton of firecrackers going off all at once.

ilum is a total disaster and a lot of pvpers are really angry about it, republic ones hahaha!

and they are doing things like offering a title to people who subscribe longer. i know they are desperately trying to hold onto their subs for as long as they can so this poor game doesnt suffer WAR's fate.

it just seems bad to me, shouldnt they have offered this title to people who preordered? wouldnt they be the real founders of the game?

i talk a lot of trash but in all honesty bioware is really screwing the pooch with there new baby here

/sarcasm

Honestly letting the inmates run the asylum is a good idea...

I think that every idea ever posted in theese forums should be implemented as soon as humanly possible. Starting with my own idea... Replace all lightsabers with nerf bats and all blaster rifles / pistols with nerf guns. Also all armor should resemble some form of hideously cute woodland animal.

/end sarcasm

The devs do need to listen to the community to an extent, but if they take every idea ever posted and run with it we will have the most schizophrenic game ever created. Feedback is a good thing the devs have asked for feedback, and revieved feedback, and taken said feedback into consideration.

Customizable UI, combat logs, and a bevy of other changes are incoming. I havent been to Ilum since this mornings patch so I cant comment on wether it has been fixed or not, but they are making steps in the right direction there.

It seems that your biggest valid coplaint is that the devs aren't personally answering your feedbac / questions / concerns.

I created a thread yesterday, hvnt seen any replies, so I'll leave my feedback out here, nd I prevent you: the feedback is full of negativism, though truth is always hard to swallow.

First of all hello and I am sorry if I dont post this in the right place in forum, though I couldn't find the appropriate section.

I've bought Swtor around 2 weeks ago and I started playing it actively for like 5 days with one of my friends along and I'd like to leave a feedback BY NOW. I'm currently level 26, so I passed quite a lot of this game.

Basically, be prepared for quite a lot of negative feedback from me, though everything's based on facts and I'm not new to any Star Wars games. Well first of all, in another thread I created some months ago, I was told this would be the swtor a.k.a "knights of the old republic 3" world by an admin. This already disappoints me a lot, since this game is definitely not at all alike other two kotors.

My view overall: This game is good, playable. Big respect to admins who managed to make such big maps, designs and good looking game. The biggest, biggest minus of this game is that it's a mmorpg. Sincerely, even though I rather listening to all conversations from all the quests, one thing remains certain: in this game, I don't feel anything. I feel like I'm playing WoW or something like that and I feel like everybody does the same mechanic automatic things. It's not like YOU ARE PLAYING YOUR STORY, it's like you are just taking random quests without getting into them and you don't care about anything, you just want to go and do everything as fast as you can. Basically, I don't enjoy it, really.

The combat: this is the second most disappointing thing about swtor, sadly. If this is "KOTOR3" then I rather playing kotor2 with its combat than this one. Really it's like playing some MU game or something like that when you go and kill 60000 hp boss and you just concentrate on killing asap rather than enjoying the combat. And seriously: bosses SHOULD NOT have big amounts of hp. I think the actual point of bosses is big damage and good dexterity. What this game lost at: BUYING your own skills for training. Plus: You can't train things like dexterity, wisdom, security and interesting stuff like it was in kotor2.

What's the point of creating this game if it was done wrong in meanings of story, combat, gameplay? Just the gameplay: you go around the worlds and simple bandits with 10 levels lower than you attack you? If u take off your clothes you got same hp points as level 1 without any clothes? The story: it's not at all like you feel it. Quite a paradox if thinking that swtor team was aiming actually story and combat, meanwhile these were the 2 things the game failed the most from my point of view.

I liked the big worlds, the planets, yea that was alright, no problem.Items, market thing was also ok by the way.

If I were to rate this game as for a proper mmorpg, it's no doubt it would get a 8+ out of 10. But please, in limits of story, combat, Star Wars movies/games' epic itself, it gets a 4 to 5 maximum.

About companions: again. Kotor2 DEFINITELY on a wide range of points wins swtor at this. I could control the movement of my companions in kotor2, I could exactly direct them what to do. I could level up them, improve. What bout here? nothing at all, just like a mosquito flying around me: that's how I feel my companions. Ye, I know I can direct it to attack, use magic, watever, but if there are any kotor fans round here, recognize it, there is definitely better companion gameplay in kotor than here.

Oh, last but not least ofc: the game ONLINE itself. Why couldn't it be just a usual rpg? I mean: seriously, this was the worsst thing for me with bad inet connection: the game being online. This ruins: the story, you start being competitive, you don't care about the beauty and story of the game, you care only bout leveling up, just like all ppl around you.

Definitely not a good feedback, right? But we gotta learn to improve ourselves. If I said "wow,amazing game, just <3 it" you wouldn't improve and if you don't count my 2 cents in, you won't improve it.

My recommendations:

- Make it rpg, not mmorpg

- Change this combat to the combat from kotor 2, was way better and if u want to improve it: make the combat as real as possible. The combat is extremely irrealistic at the moment. Like really? I can't parry myself by pressing a button or I can't make critical final hits. I can't jump over my oponent and kill him from the back, like the real jedis do? I can't have double lightsaber on consular? I can't change my type of attacking like in kotor2? Agressive/Passive/Range and things like that. I can't change different jedi fighting techniques? Ye, and when I jump I still somehow get hit by the oponent which hits not in the air, but down.

- I would mention story, but making it rpg would automatically solve the thing.

That's all, I wouldn't write anymore coz would be too much, but there is much to improve.

Again: I'm sorry for bad feedback, but really: if there weren't people like me critizing with good reasons, there would be no improvements. I barely want to play this game anymore and the story is not even half finished. That's why.

And I don't need negative comments like "you played this game for only 1 week and you already made up your opinion, so unprofessional". I'll pre-answer this: a good game makes you like it from the very beginning and continuing, not only in the end or after you've discovered everything.

About companions: again. Kotor2 DEFINITELY on a wide range of points wins swtor at this. I could control the movement of my companions in kotor2, I could exactly direct them what to do. I could level up them, improve. What bout here? nothing at all, just like a mosquito flying around me: that's how I feel my companions. Ye, I know I can direct it to attack, use magic, watever, but if there are any kotor fans round here, recognize it, there is definitely better companion gameplay in kotor than here.

Never realized that until I read your post.

I look forward having more control on the companions, and get them out of my way too.

I'm hoping that if this ting survives, as it rolls along the devs will more and more come to appreciate what the community can offer in terms of suggestions, testing, warnings and direction.

When I first started playing WoW (no not at launch, amazing how many people were allegedly in wow beta eh?) They were extremely limited in the way in which they would communicate with the players, it took quite a while for them to actively engage with the community and really get into that whole aspect of what it means to be an MMO.

So I suggest giving it some time, remember bioware is a company made out of people just like you and they need time to learn something which is pretty new to them (and which they obviously have a lot of misconceptions about).

You guys don't get it.

They already have ferraris, yachts and villas in Monaco.

They will do as they are pleased not what you want.

Take a look at CCP and how they communicate.

Devs are as active on forums as regular and hard core members. They use that feedback A LOT. what we get here? Just **** you we know better attitude + another batch of bugs in each consecutive patch.

And yeah i will not subscribe. Was stupid to enter my 60 days GTC in the first place.

Edited by LordSatoh

I will leave a full description of entire game hopefully tomorrow and I'll create a thread about this for all kotor fans who actually got completly disappointed with this game. My only only hope with this company is them to create KOTOR3 as a freakin rpg and continue revan's and exile's story, as it was the most fascinating story of all 6 movies and all other star wars games. The finding of a new kind of jedi: neither light sided, nor dark sided with both dark and light powers. Agree with me guys: in kotor the leveling up was hundreds times better and I don't like it here how you don't have to develop computer/security/persuade and different skills. Sincerely, even in 2005 they managed to create a better game which had better story and really: A WIDER RANGE OF PASSING YOUR STORY. Everyone in swtor passses same story, YOU DO NOT actually choose much your story, you go default.

What to work at? All the story, all the freakin story. I like in kotor how you could have the same and same conversations again, like you could have a wider range of posibilities.

All the combat which is completly IREALISTIC. Just think about it: a jedi sage who can't hit properly with a lightsaber? What the hell? I heard all the interviews and reviews of this games and they said like "the jedi consular's story is more of a obi wan kenobi's story and type of character". So you say that obi wan kenobi couldn't properly fight with the lightsaber, right? Completly disagree on that. Plus: the lightsaber looks so lame when you play in combat, it looked way better in KOTOR2 where we could see a really well built combat and lightsaber fights. You could develop different techniques like Makashi, Shii- Cho. You could use Force forms. You could use the flare and other types of hits which didn't take you mana at all. And why should it anyway?

The lightsaber was again way better in kotor2, where you had a wider range of posibilites of improving it and you could buy NOT with credits, but with your computer skills develop or other skills.

I don't think I should continue with minuses of this game. One thing is certain: the more I think about it and play it the less I like it and the sooner I want to quit it.

Never realized that until I read your post.

I look forward having more control on the companions, and get them out of my way too.

ye, about companions in kotor 2 btw. You could freakin go solo, you could use stealth at any type of character, which is logic. You could move that companion exactly where you wanted to, you could train them to become jedis. There was a much longer chain of posibilities in kotor2 than in this game. Just my 2 cents and a half, which you won't count it of course, but your loss, my friends, your loss.

I will leave a full description of entire game hopefully tomorrow and I'll create a thread about this for all kotor fans who actually got completly disappointed with this game. My only only hope with this company is them to create KOTOR3 as a freakin rpg and continue revan's and exile's story, as it was the most fascinating story of all 6 movies and all other star wars games. The finding of a new kind of jedi: neither light sided, nor dark sided with both dark and light powers. Agree with me guys: in kotor the leveling up was hundreds times better and I don't like it here how you don't have to develop computer/security/persuade and different skills. Sincerely, even in 2005 they managed to create a better game which had better story and really: A WIDER RANGE OF PASSING YOUR STORY. Everyone in swtor passses same story, YOU DO NOT actually choose much your story, you go default.

What to work at? All the story, all the freakin story. I like in kotor how you could have the same and same conversations again, like you could have a wider range of posibilities.

All the combat which is completly IREALISTIC. Just think about it: a jedi sage who can't hit properly with a lightsaber? What the hell? I heard all the interviews and reviews of this games and they said like "the jedi consular's story is more of a obi wan kenobi's story and type of character". So you say that obi wan kenobi couldn't properly fight with the lightsaber, right? Completly disagree on that. Plus: the lightsaber looks so lame when you play in combat, it looked way better in KOTOR2 where we could see a really well built combat and lightsaber fights. You could develop different techniques like Makashi, Shii- Cho. You could use Force forms. You could use the flare and other types of hits which didn't take you mana at all. And why should it anyway?

The lightsaber was again way better in kotor2, where you had a wider range of posibilites of improving it and you could buy NOT with credits, but with your computer skills develop or other skills.

I don't think I should continue with minuses of this game. One thing is certain: the more I think about it and play it the less I like it and the sooner I want to quit it.

ye, about companions in kotor 2 btw. You could freakin go solo, you could use stealth at any type of character, which is logic. You could move that companion exactly where you wanted to, you could train them to become jedis. There was a much longer chain of posibilities in kotor2 than in this game. Just my 2 cents and a half, which you won't count it of course, but your loss, my friends, your loss.

Before announcing the classes I expected:

One single Force user class with skills points allowing you to build your very own template and as in Kotor Force skills based on dark/light side alignement

When they finally announced the classes I hoped your story would not totally be bound with your combat skills. Ex: there would still be 2 force user story arcs but when creating your character you could choose to do any of then with any of the force user classes. Like an Inquisitor could do a Sith Warrior story arc.

The idea was not to oblige players to either choose between a combat system they like or a type of story.