Farewell SWTOR

Evuriday

This patch 1.2 is by far the worst update I have seen emplimented on an mmorpg. SWTOR had been set apart from all the mmo's on the market because of its excellent game play and spec customizing that most other games moved away from. Well, that was pre-April 12th, 2012. 1.2 feels too much like a World of Warcraft cloning patch. Bizzard, during the Linch area, emplimented a change to their class talent tree that forces players to spend 90% of their talent points in one respective tree; making players have to go the full 40 pts specs. You've done this exact samething. I was refreshing to beable too hybrid spec my sage Yuty as telekinetics/balance. But by taking that way by change the mechanics of popular talents you have begun to take the same steps that have ruined other games that had great potential. Now on my Sage that I used too love I have too choose whether I want too play her like WoW's Arcane/Fire Mage, Disciplne Priest, or Shadow Priest. This is just one example but now the games far too similar. This game does look amazing and excellent details the voices are a nice feature but arent necessary. My characters never talked in KoToR ad I still loved both 1 and 2.Honestly if Im going play a game that has been force after its release to be this much like WoW I might as well play the original that has been going 7 years strong and not the upstart. Hopefully Bioware and put this game back on track to greatness. Please go back too and stck too the principles that made KoToR one of the best video games ever made. You've proven time and time again that you are one best at making games, but this one will be free to play soon if you (Bioware) continues on the path laid by this awful patch.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch is fine. Stop crying, and no, I didn't read your post because you need to learn about the Enter Key.

WZ is alright, haven't done the PvE content but watched Deagen streaming it and it is actually hard. UI Customization is fantastic. If your class got hit with the nerf-stick, adapt. They took away my AoE Tankability on my Jugg (cooldown on AoE threat can no longer be lowered from 45 seconds to 30, smash damage lowered etc.) but I'm adapting to playing without it.

TL;DR:

Learn to adapt and stop crying. If you're really so angry at BioWare then leave without trying to get attention on the forums

The patch is excellent, as far as bug fixes and improvements overall go, but this stuff should have been in at launch. Now it's nothing but credit sinks and incentive to reroll for the level 50 "I play one toon at a time and BioWare says I'm a special snowflake" crowd.

The patch is excellent, as far as bug fixes and improvements overall go, but this stuff should have been in at launch. Now it's nothing but credit sinks and incentive to reroll for the level 50 "I play one toon at a time and BioWare says I'm a special snowflake" crowd.

not only it crits u for 6k, it crits 9 augments slots!

Yeah well my unsub hits BioWare, EA and Lucas Arts for three would-be loyal subscriptions of 45$ a month, and unless they start catering to someone besides spacebar' grinders, thousands of dollars over the period of time we would have played the game.

So much for being a "different" MMO. We're going to go try out The Secret World, Guild Wars II and TERA now... not to mention we'll be playing Diablo III of course.

Sad i really tried to read this got about 2 lines in when i stopped. But from what i saw you cry about not being able to make the "Overpowered" hybrid speccs...

L2p insteed and stop cry the patch is fine. and if you really dont like it..well.. to bad for you. :p

Eh, TLDR. Paragraphs are your friend.

I love this patch, I've had a blast messing around trying to find all the small differences, and tweaks. I've had an even bigger blast checking out the new content and the legacy system.

This is an awesome patch and I love that BW has taken the time to fix the few probs that have come up instead of leaving it buggy until next Tuesday.

I hope they keep up the good work :D

I love the fact that like 10 of you repeated each other, if media is a reflection of the growth in society then the internet is an exclamation of it's failings. The moment one of you posts an opinion of depth contrasting his posts besides "Wall text crit 6k!" or "u mad bro" you'll have given something of value back. As it stands now though those who respond like this are just as bad as he is, personally I'd love to see the lot of you leave but then the game would close down.

OP, ya... 1.2 is a bit shaky at best. No one ever likes it when a class is changed dramatically be it a good thing or a bad because change is always stressful. Hell, half my guild was annoyed by the new UI changes though while frustrated some of them liked it and others didn't.

Personally my issues with 1.2 is that the game feels like a F2P setup, unless you have a 50 who isnt a Human and/or has a spare 10mil credits sitting around you basically could have Legacy level 25 and aren't going to get a damn thing. The Legacy features don't at all feel like new game content but more so premium luxuries. Issue with it is that it's a money sink but with the high costs of Legacy the only people who can afford anything are those who've abused the system to begin with and /caused/ the need for a money sink. So I feel punished for others taking advantage of exploits such as Slicing, Mod Wrist/Belts and all the other various methods.

If I recall correctly at 44 I think quests were giving 8k credits, 8k x 50 = 400k... so to get something like a new race you'd need to run at least 120 missions at level 50 as I'd assume each quest gives roughly 10k - 12k per. That just seems rather excessive as almost nothing is cheaper than 100k and nothing valuable like the mailbox, GTN, race ect are cheaper than 500k.

In short, 1.2 is a gimmick catering to "Spacebar Grinders" as someone stated before. I love all the changes that have little to do with Legacy like the unifying armor system but very frankly this Legacy system I've been waiting so long for was massive disappointment.

Edited by SeismicShock

Give me a break... Ive played wow since beta and im in Panda land beta now, this game is NO were near as bad as wow with the nerf bats. But I think what the org. poster was trying to say was there heading down that road.

If any of your are old enough to remember the org. swg by sony , (the game that started it all along with EQ) it started out as a great game you could dabble in any tree and have fun, but then people began whinning on how they couldnt pown this or beat that guy. Or this dudes to powerful. So what did sony do , "Oh we must change the trees, we must change the armor you wear and what you can be". It untimatly killled them. Like how WOW is slowly dieing now.

Are these changes REALLY that bad, no, NOT yet, but if bio keeps listen to whinny little pukes especially in pvp (LIKE WOW) the game will turn to crap, Maybe just maybe your NOT suppose to beable to defeat EVERYONE, maybe your suppose to have a nemisis who is your equal or better and thats were your game skill comes in , not the devs nerfing classes to help you out.

Edited by CaineSoto

Sad i really tried to read this got about 2 lines in when i stopped. But from what i saw you cry about not being able to make the "Overpowered" hybrid speccs...

L2p insteed and stop cry the patch is fine. and if you really dont like it..well.. to bad for you. :p

Hmm and what exactly is wrong with hybrid specs???? I would think if he could make one so could you? It still comes down to how you play . If you have the most uber tune on the planet and your a crappy player , he's gonna be a crappy toon.

I love the fact that like 10 of you repeated each other, if media is a reflection of the growth in society then the internet is an exclamation of it's failings. The moment one of you posts an opinion of depth contrasting his posts besides "Wall text crit 6k!" or "u mad bro" you'll have given something of value back. As it stands now though those who respond like this are just as bad as he is, personally I'd love to see the lot of you leave but then the game would close down.

OP, ya... 1.2 is a bit shaky at best. No one ever likes it when a class is changed dramatically be it a good thing or a bad because change is always stressful. Hell, half my guild was annoyed by the new UI changes though while frustrated some of them liked it and others didn't.

Personally my issues with 1.2 is that the game feels like a F2P setup, unless you have a 50 who isnt a Human and/or has a spare 10mil credits sitting around you basically could have Legacy level 25 and aren't going to get a damn thing. The Legacy features don't at all feel like new game content but more so premium luxuries. Issue with it is that it's a money sink but with the high costs of Legacy the only people who can afford anything are those who've abused the system to begin with and /caused/ the need for a money sink. So I feel punished for others taking advantage of exploits such as Slicing, Mod Wrist/Belts and all the other various methods.

If I recall correctly at 44 I think quests were giving 8k credits, 8k x 50 = 400k... so to get something like a new race you'd need to run at least 120 missions at level 50 as I'd assume each quest gives roughly 10k - 12k per. That just seems rather excessive as almost nothing is cheaper than 100k and nothing valuable like the mailbox, GTN, race ect are cheaper than 500k.

In short, 1.2 is a gimmick catering to "Spacebar Grinders" as someone stated before. I love all the changes that have little to do with Legacy like the unifying armor system but very frankly this Legacy system I've been waiting so long for was massive disappointment.

Well put the patch as far as the matching armor and the ui were awsome and need changes but the other stuff, well I cant say, but nerfs are never a good thing, blance should come through enhancment not nerfing.

Edited by CaineSoto