Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Why do you have no new info? What did you do in the 3 weeks about this issue? Was it discussed and no consensus was reached? Were you too bust getting 1.4.1 that you did not get the time to review this matter? is there another scheduled meeting "Soon" where this will be on the agenda? Has BW and EA given up on this? Do they realize this will have impact beyond TOR as I for one am willing to give up on EA/BW games completely.

There is no real question anymore.

They either have decided to ignore us totally, or they have decided to do nothing.

Either way they have told us they do not value us as customers.

This isn't rocket science. There is nothing to figure out after 3 weeks on their side. The response from Joveth is a stall tactic. If they were planning to do something they would have told us. They would have given us an idea of what is coming with a vague time line, but they can't even do that so they are planning to do nothing in the foreseeable future. Apparently having a selection of servers for possible customers a few months from now that may or may nor pay them any money are more valuable than you and I. many of us who have pre-ordered and have been paying ever since.

My subscription for myself and my 2 sons have been cancelled though. Vote with your wallet. No truer words can be said. Fill in the "Why you are leaving" section with your dismay about being ignored and taken for granted as a paying customer.

Edited by Evgen

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

As a reminder, please remember to follow forum guidelines within this thread.

Thank you.

Disappointed it took so long to get this, but I don't want to underestimate my joy that you at least posted SOMETHING. I am now slightly less aggro.

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Thank you.

So that evaluation in the next few days never happened? Or it did, and the decision was something we would like so your just going to sit on it and drop in on us last minute. Pretty standard procedure from you guys.

LOL at that response by Bioware.

Check out the below, for an example of how to communicate with your subscribers (note that GW2 is F2P):

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/

That's just them detailing their pvp it's not really communication with their customers about contentious issues

Like what where requesting here also love that last line more pew pew less qq

If a bioware employee said that everyone would be out with flaming torches and pitch forks

And there would be thread after thread demanding him to be sacked.

A update would be nice regarding this issue but honestly I can't see anything happening until f2p goes live

Edited by denpic

So, from this we can assume you have decided to do nothing, as you value your potential customers you don't have yet more than the paying ones you have right now. Or, more likely, that you do in fact want to close down the APAC server and the more people that quit the less hassle it is for you.

I can't believe during those few weeks a decision wasn't made and that you know we won't like it so you simply aren't telling us. I believe there are laws regarding customer service and obligation to provide support for a product like this. Bioware is obviously trying to provide the minimum level of service, in doing so you risk crossing the line and being liable. Ban me if you like, do me the favour of not wasting any more of my time on a company that does not value my patronage.

Fixed.

It's looks as though EA/Bioware believes the potential F2P non-paying customer is more important than current subscribers with the way we are being ignored. We are paying for this game now, and should not have to wait until F2P to receive a crucial solution to the issues our servers are facing.

Well, one way to think about it, a CSR will be forced to reply one our thread reaches 1000 replies, right? Hopefully at that point they'll realise that they have a lot of pissed off paying customers... and give us something to work with. Edited by -Holmes

You also said:

Or, more likely, that you do in fact want to close down the APAC server and the more people that quit the less hassle it is for you.

This....

Statistic:

Customer: CBF paying $15 for this nonsense post game service.

Meaning: This pile of whatever is not worth my $$$

EA Interpretation: Customers unable to pay $, to play this wonderful and amazing game we created for you.

Trend (Hypothetical but possibly a situation EA is driving for:

In a few months, post APAC servers being completely closed.....

Customer: Unsubbed due to piss poor service to oceanics from right before launch to current times.

Meaning: EA deliberately made the game unplayable so we wont take your BS anymore.

EA Interpretation: We found that the APAC region does not have a gaming community strong enough to support the servers that we were willing to provide them with.

APAC Community : :rak_01:

This....

Statistic:

Customer: CBF paying $15 for this nonsense post game service.

Meaning: This pile of whatever is not worth my $$$

EA Interpretation: Customers unable to pay $, to play this wonderful and amazing game we created for you.

Trend (Hypothetical but possibly a situation EA is driving for:

In a few months, post APAC servers being completely closed.....

Customer: Unsubbed due to piss poor service to oceanics from right before launch to current times.

Meaning: EA deliberately made the game unplayable so we wont take your BS anymore.

EA Interpretation: We found that the APAC region does not have a gaming community strong enough to support the servers that we were willing to provide them with.

APAC Community : :rak_01:

My worst nightmare.

And sadly, very likely to happen.

Guys I am not trying to piss off anyone but did anyone actually considered the fact that there is really not enough people there for the server to be viable ?

I mean sure they could merge the PVE and RP server but that would solve what ? PVP one can not merge with PVE one. I am not sure you would even get such a difference in the populations.

Whatever you think the only chance the APAC region server have is the F2P player influx and that is the only thing they hope for. If that does not fix this they will shut them down it is a business decision you might not like it but if there is not enough people there then it has to be done.

The only way how to save it would be a Chinese server and localized version of client but with all the voice over in the game that is not possible.

[Well a quick and dirty hack like Chinese subtitles would be possible.]

Guys remember when the giant number of servers went dead and peeps started rerolling(but we have too few servers for this to be effective)? It took 4-5 months to get server merges.

We are now entering month 2 for Aussie servers. Got 2 or 3 to go, but by then we'll be REAL dead. :mad:

its been 4 - 5 months already since the servers basically crapped themselves and "died"

Guys I am not trying to piss off anyone but did anyone actually considered the fact that there is really not enough people there for the server to be viable ?

I mean sure they could merge the PVE and RP server but that would solve what ? PVP one can not merge with PVE one. I am not sure you would even get such a difference in the populations.

Whatever you think the only chance the APAC region server have is the F2P player influx and that is the only thing they hope for. If that does not fix this they will shut them down it is a business decision you might not like it but if there is not enough people there then it has to be done.

The only way how to save it would be a Chinese server and localized version of client but with all the voice over in the game that is not possible.

[Well a quick and dirty hack like Chinese subtitles would be possible.]

The sad thing is, the servers were well populated once the transfers were enabled. Though due to the location they decided to set up these servers, it worked well for Australia and New Zealand, though the rest of Asia (according to EA / Bioware to only consist of Singapore and Hong Kong) were still better off playing on US servers due to better ping.

Personally I don't see F2P to be successul here. They have managed to kull a thriving community through mismanagement and lack of communication. I really enjoy the game, though I really can't be motivated when I am pretty much forced into a one player game due to a lack of bodies.

It really only comes down to three options:

1) Merge the Oceanic servers into one;

2) Implement cross-server PvP, Flashpoints and Operations; or

3) Shut down the servers and transfer us back to the US.

Although it seems Option 1 is the most favoured, I really don't care myself as long as there is a population. And really, it only comes down to those three options, so I can't understand how the decision can take so long after weeks, let alone months. If they are waiting for F2P to see if the populations increase, they could at least have the balls to say it, rather than handing out disinformation.

Edited by Mjollnir

This whole situation is an absolute disgrace and embarrassment for BW, to outright ignore and disregard an entire region of paying clients from oceanic servers. The fact this forum post has almost 50 pages and the most they can say is we know there is an issue... yeah no ****, very observant....

However before making any changes to the game BW need to stop creating more issues to fix every time they introduce a patch ie. GTN crashing, white box on the loading screen, character creation screen when logging, ui left in printed on loading screens.

There is so much change that can be made to benefit the game, issues that can be fixed, ideas developed by previous MMO's which lead them to sustain a very successful game lasting up to this date. Changes they are just not making fast enough, its not necessarily what changes they can do but when there going to do them. Everyone is paying money out of there own pocket atm just in hope that BW will do something about it, Whether its transfers or merges something needs to do be done. Most people that play this game enjoy it and dont want to have to find another MMO and work just as hard to get to where some are now.

BW need to stop putting faith in F2P instead of doing whats needed and merging the servers, if you create them to get oceanic off the US in the first place and can merge all those US and euro servers which we watched first hand you can merge the 3 oceanic servers so we can get on with enjoying our gaming experience.

Oh yeah... and bump

Edited by gleesho

Those of you who are saying you would be happy to transfer to US servers - do you remember having a 250ms+ ping? The last thing I want to do is move back to that.

I was on a US server for a few months when the game started and the lag was never very bad for me (really never noticed it). The reason I transferred was that I could never get groups for anything. My guild and pretty much everyone else on the server were doing things when i was at work or asleep because of timezone differences. Now my old server is huge and I honestly think I would have been better off staying there since I have a hard time getting groups for anything now except what is scheduled on guild calendars (ours and other guilds like visz alliance).

If I had the chance to transfer back to my old server (which has now merged with another server) I'd probably do it and encourage my guild members on gav daragon to do likewise.

Since I first posted in this thread, our guild has lost serveral good people who have quit the game because of Bioware's failure to address this issue. I fear that our server will die by the time anything is done.

With the release of Diablo 3 and GW2 the has been a huge decline, some have returned alot have not.

A few former guildies that say they wont return anytime soon as they are tired of the repetative dailies / FP and lack of decent content, not to mention dwindling numbers of people to do OPs with. Even tho we are on Dalborra it can still take 20-60mins for HM FP to pop unless right after daily reset when its almost imediate. SM OPs can be in que for an hour or 2 as people just wont que for same reason and start spamming fleet :(

ALL 3 APAC need merging ASAP or game will become less playable than it already is. I refuse to move back to the US servers as had continuous lag (250-300ping) / slow response (may be fixed now) from early access up until we were able to transfer to the APAC servers (30-40ping).

If forced to merge/transfer with US servers id call it a day and give up on MMO as there is nothing to me worth playing (got bored with WOW after 2-3 months, and played SWG (real SW MMO) for 5yrs prior to closing)

Edited by Esno

UNSUBSCRIBED

REASON: Failure to address the APAC server population issues.

You have 26 days to reply to the APAC Issues, and I mean reply in a productive manner, not by blind siding us with stall tactics. OR I will not re-sub to the game.

Thankyou

One thing I am interested to know (and I am sure EA is looking at) is how many non-oceanic/asia players on the APAC servers and how many on US/Europe servers. And whether Australia is the best location for the apac physical servers.

The APAC market (India, China to name a couple) is huge. However I don't meet on Dalborra too many players from Asia. My guild has a member from China but he hasn't been able to raid recently due to lag/connection issue (he is instead playing dota2 =[).

Not trying to come up with an excuse for the devs in this subject; more trying to understand in my mind why they are sitting on this issue. The revenue potential from Asia is substantially more significant than the existing oceanic subscribers.

I won't be surprised if they are actually working on re-positioning the APAC server to a more Asia-friendly location. An Asia server to co-exist with an Oceanic server might be in their original plan but it is slashed due to the subs number along with the development of mega-server-tech.

Assumptions: the devs are not totally dumb people and are looking at the big picture

Edited by Banegio

As I have stated earlier.

There are multiple solutions to this problem. Any solution they pick is not going to please everyone. However, There still needs to be a solution picked. If they pick up any one of the 3-4 solutions that have been offered in this thread, then we can all decide what to do. if they dont want to pick anything, they should come out and say that we will not be doing anything about this till F2P/End of year/ Ever.

It gives up information to make informed decisions rather than sitting in hope.

Was early to mid-Aug as the servers died.(pvp might be a tad different)

where were you since mid July? If you were and have always been on the Dalorra server you wouldn't have noticed it as much as the other 2 servers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=507268

This thread that I started was when Gav Daragon started really declining in numbers. The fleet had at best 60 people on it at prime time back then (less then Dalborra has now).

Edited by Jarlgon

Hi folks,

Thank you.

Thanks all for the continual support of this thread. I will edit it in the next few days and link some seperate posts that have been made regarding the issue in my first post.

This is just my opinion and where I stand at the moment.

1. @ BW customer support Thanks for replying to my ingame tickets regarding the issues I have raised and for being honest. I appreciate all they can do is pass the information onto the developers. Be prepared for more tickets from me.

@ Developers on these forums Your answers have been pathetic. I appreciate you say nothing is known but surely there is a plan you can eleborate on. Your communication with the APAC community is horrible. I would like to remind you I am paying a subscription to this somewhat dismal service (yes I am not happy). To the people that moderate these forums and the developers that post on these forums... isnt it your job to provide feedback to the people that contribute their hard earned money which goes towards the game's development and your salary????

@Population Woes on Master Dar'Nala More and more are leaving each time I log... speaking of which see my next point. The server is a ghost town, there is nothing to do because there arent enough players to group with.

@My game time Well I barely log anymore. I really can not be bothered quing upward to 20 miinutes and sometimes more just to try and do my PVP daily. Yeah its easy for me to get insta pop for a Flashpoint as I am heals but I feel sorry for the people that are in the que for upto an hour or more.

For the first time I have consided unsubbing. Im very undecided on this at the moment. What I will say is that I am really beginning to not care anymore. There is no reason to play anymore, well because this server is dying so hard, I know on the Imperial side of my server its just a few die hards hanging on to some glimmer of hope that the developers will actually do something about our server.

@Biowares attitude to the APAC Community. We just want to play this game. Stop seeing us as some hinderance and putting us in the "too hard to fix pile". NEARLY every APAC gamer has supported this thread in my opinion, or have atleast read it. Listen to us please!

and finally

Its such a shame this has happened. Only the developers are to blame for this sinking ship. The APAC servers were created to support the THOUSANDS of people in the region THAT WANTED to play the game. However, through poor management and a list of reasons beyond the communities control, BW have messed up royaly and driven THOUSANDS of APAC region players away from the game.

BIOWARE YOU CREATED THIS MESS, WE ARE SICK OF YOUR LACK OF CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY.... FIX IT!

Stop writing us off...

C u online when I can be bothered

<3 Chippy

***EDIT Woot 500th post**** while im at it... SHAME BIOWARE SHAME!

Edited by Cheezfriend