Shadow Technique vs Surging Charge, something is wrong.

NogueiraA

My both assassin and Shadow are level 65 atm and I was testing the new rotation on my Deception Sin, was getting 3 stacks every 12~15secs that increase Discharges damage.

I logged on my Shadow and I'm getting 3 stacks every 6~9secs, proccing stacks every 2~3secs.

I'm testing it for about 1 hour already, so I think it's not bad RNG on my Assassin.

Can you guys test it? Just use Saber Strike on both classes and see it for yourself, the stacks builds up much faster on Shadows.

I can confirm, I also heard Serenity/Hatred has issues between pub vs. imp version as well.

~ Eudoxia

Talking about Deception/Infi, there's a 6secs internal cooldown on gaining stacks to increase Discharge/Breach damage and Shadow Technique is not respecting the 6secs.

To be honest I think Assassin should be working like Shadows are right now for Deception/Infi.

And I can confirm too the difference between Serenity not proccing the stance as much as Hatred.

Talking about Deception/Infi, there's a 6secs internal cooldown on gaining stacks to increase Discharge/Breach damage and Shadow Technique is not respecting the 6secs.

To be honest I think Assassin should be working like Shadows are right now for Deception/Infi.

And I can confirm too the difference between Serenity not proccing the stance as much as Hatred.

yet the bug to hatred/serenity is advantage assassin. fix both or fix none.

It doesn't look to be isolated to specific factions, as I have the doubled static charges on my sin, but not my shadow. From what I've tested, the bug seems to be related to removal of active stances and adding them to the discipline trees instead. Basically, they gave us the new passive versions and forgot to remove the effects of the previously active stance. So it's doubling up on the effect of the stance (ie, double armor for tanks, surging charge/shadow technique stacks building twice as fast, etc.), and it's actually something I've noticed on other classes as well (like 6% instead of 3% passive alacrity from Ataru form for Combat/Carnage, doubled Rage refund from Shien form for Jugg/Guardian). It also looks like respec'ing removes any duplicated effects, reverting them back to their intended form (respec'ing my shadow from tank to dps (and vice versa) and swapping from combat to watchman (and back again) removed any bugged effects, that I could tell). My guess is they'll force a discipline reset for all characters to fix this issue, at least in the short term. Enjoy your increased dps/mitigation while it lasts! :rak_03:

It doesn't look to be isolated to specific factions, as I have the doubled static charges on my sin, but not my shadow. From what I've tested, the bug seems to be related to removal of active stances and adding them to the discipline trees instead. Basically, they gave us the new passive versions and forgot to remove the effects of the previously active stance. So it's doubling up on the effect of the stance (ie, double armor for tanks, surging charge/shadow technique stacks building twice as fast, etc.), and it's actually something I've noticed on other classes as well (like 6% instead of 3% passive alacrity from Ataru form for Combat/Carnage, doubled Rage refund from Shien form for Jugg/Guardian). It also looks like respec'ing removes any duplicated effects, reverting them back to their intended form (respec'ing my shadow from tank to dps (and vice versa) and swapping from combat to watchman (and back again) removed any bugged effects, that I could tell). My guess is they'll force a discipline reset for all characters to fix this issue, at least in the short term. Enjoy your increased dps/mitigation while it lasts! :rak_03:

While it's true, it's worth noting that bug returns as soon as you'll relog or change instance. So discipline reset won't solve s***.

However, with technical improvements 5.0 got and swiftness of addressing cxp bug/exploit, there's actually good possibility fix for passives will come out quite soon. :eek:

That can be it, but shadow's stance is not respecting the 6secs internal cooldown, you build up stacks every attack if your rng is good. Sometimes one single melee attack builds 2 stacks. That's not happening on Assassin, where the stance is working as intended. I hope they really remove the 6secs internal cooldown.

My both assassin and Shadow are level 65 atm and I was testing the new rotation on my Deception Sin, was getting 3 stacks every 12~15secs that increase Discharges damage.

I logged on my Shadow and I'm getting 3 stacks every 6~9secs, proccing stacks every 2~3secs.

I'm testing it for about 1 hour already, so I think it's not bad RNG on my Assassin.

Can you guys test it? Just use Saber Strike on both classes and see it for yourself, the stacks builds up much faster on Shadows.

I have two assassins. One of them is normal, proccing Discharge every 12-15 seconds. The other one is building static charges way faster, and Surging charge is proccing more and doing more damage. Both assassins are with the exactly same gear and both are level 70.

My sin is fine, but my shadow is currently getting 2 hits of shadow technique with every clairvoyant buffed psych blast instead of one. The regular rate limit seems fine, its just doing double from psych blast. It's not just the stacks either, I'm seeing double flytext from the hits themselves as well.

Oh really.... guess I've got some more testing to do. That'll be even more useful if it's replicable.

Have bug with extra stats in dankness on all (over 30) sin/shadow tanks I logged in, though only tested respec on one: dankness always goes god mode after relog/changing instance, deception always seems normal (not that much experience with spec, but would definitely notice faster procs).

• 1 month later...

Yeh so.. It's been nearly two months since anyone last mentioned it in this thread

No hotfix

Many classes still totally busted. I don't get to run NiM content with my guild because the other sin tank literally has +60% armor , +15% shield chance , maybe +100% threat (not confirmed), +10% accuracy

Disbelief how they can allow such a bug to be around for so long