Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

ozotora
07.22.2015 , 07:17 PM | #871
Do I have to configurate ImDisk in any way or is it enough to install it and setup SWTOR Unleashed?

kiniss
08.10.2015 , 03:44 AM | #872
I was trying this out today and I didn't see much performance change when loading planets.

I've got 32GB of RAM in my computer to play with. I can probably safely dedicate about 20GB to it without much issue because I leave some VMs running almost constantly.

I can't quite select all, but are there some larger files that are frequently accessed that I could load in to improve planet load times? Right now I'm a fairly new player so I'm leveling a lot of characters meaning a lot of "please go to this planet to talk to this dude and then fly to another planet" which is taking up a lot of time waiting upwards of 30 seconds on a loading page.

Icestar
08.10.2015 , 03:58 AM | #873
Quote: Originally Posted by kiniss View Post
I was trying this out today and I didn't see much performance change when loading planets.
I have tried this with planets aswell without any faster loadingtimes, I have however notied higher framerates during ops or at Fleet when I use it on my older computer.

kiniss
08.10.2015 , 05:22 AM | #874
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I have tried this with planets aswell without any faster loadingtimes, I have however notied higher framerates during ops or at Fleet when I use it on my older computer.
I didn't actually take a look at that. i'll have to check that out. If dedicating 15-20GB of RAM to this means I am freed from the terminal 10-15FPS hell I've been dealing with I will be pleased.

kiniss
08.10.2015 , 12:01 PM | #875
So putting in the art files and animation files seems to have helped quite significantly for FPS but not much if at all for load times.

Kadin
08.25.2015 , 02:49 PM | #876
So is this now against the rules to use? I'm a tad confused with the recent events...

*points to "Is it Legal?" in the OP*

fidothegran
08.25.2015 , 08:20 PM | #877
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
So is this now against the rules to use? I'm a tad confused with the recent events...

*points to "Is it Legal?" in the OP*
I have no idea. They have said that is isn't against the rules to use, but now they are saying that it is. I would imagine that it is not, as it does not tamper with the game in any way.

Icestar
08.26.2015 , 05:06 AM | #878
Quote: Originally Posted by fidothegran View Post
I have no idea. They have said that is isn't against the rules to use, but now they are saying that it is. I would imagine that it is not, as it does not tamper with the game in any way.
Well, they said it is not allowed to use now so I will not use it even if it did improve my gameplay on my older computer.

Sindariel
08.26.2015 , 10:00 AM | #879
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Well, they said it is not allowed to use now so I will not use it even if it did improve my gameplay on my older computer.
Learn to read, please. They never said that it's not allowed to use:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...32#edit8404632
Click my friend link for a free character transfer, 7 days of free sub and more goodies. Details

lintonlisa
08.26.2015 , 11:27 AM | #880
Appears you can't read

Quote:
I want to reiterate, this wasn't permission to use ReShade. Look, we know some people may try to use software like it and Unleashed, but they are against our Rules of Conduct and so we won't allow posts like this on the official forums.