Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Changes Brainstorming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Mercenary Changes Brainstorming
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NathanielStarr
01.03.2014 , 01:49 AM | #321
Mercs will be more firmly in the number 2 healing spot and the other supposed DPS fix will make very little impact on anything.

Macroeconomics
01.03.2014 , 03:11 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
Mercs will be more firmly in the number 2 healing spot and the other supposed DPS fix will make very little impact on anything.
It will depend on what limits are placed on Kolto Shell. We know you will be able to have more than one running. Two? Four? Eight? At those upper numbers, I can see Mercs being preferred over Operative healers in some situations. Not so much as two....

Am in agreement with you that the pushback rule change will have virtually no effect. Tracer Missile/Power Shot is defeated by interrupts, stuns and mezzes. Not by damage pushback. This rule change is a red herring.

BigDumbViking
01.03.2014 , 09:53 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
It will depend on what limits are placed on Kolto Shell. We know you will be able to have more than one running. Two? Four? Eight? At those upper numbers, I can see Mercs being preferred over Operative healers in some situations. Not so much as two....

Am in agreement with you that the pushback rule change will have virtually no effect. Tracer Missile/Power Shot is defeated by interrupts, stuns and mezzes. Not by damage pushback. This rule change is a red herring.
Unless they give us a skill like polarity shift where we get both pushback and interrupt immunity. I noticed they used the term Skill, which makes me think that it isn't going to be a passive talent.
YardstickAronhernandezM'argarita
StringcheeseBibi'fetSneak'y Viking
Dück Trombone

TezMoney
01.03.2014 , 11:10 AM | #324
The pending 2.6 changes are OK, but I'm not too excited since A) Eric said you can put Kolto Shell on more than 1 person, but not how many and B) possible nerf to the output of Rapid Shots and Kolto Shell (especially if the ability can be applied to more than 2) to go along with these changes.

I really would have liked to see a new escape or interrupt protection added, but I guess it a change in the right direction

midianlord
01.03.2014 , 12:36 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by BigDumbViking View Post
Unless they give us a skill like polarity shift where we get both pushback and interrupt immunity. I noticed they used the term Skill, which makes me think that it isn't going to be a passive talent.
Said it before, I'll say it again:

We need this. We urgently need this.

The whole pushback-immunity thing...We get +70% pushback immunity from talents already (healers have their own version in their tree) and even without that talent, it's not a huge thing usually anyway.

Of course, I'm not even going to try and guess how absurdly long the cool-down will be on any such ability, it seems that they are, once again, completely ignoring this glaring-from-day-one problem.

Where's the reversion of ElectroDart to 30m, or even 35/40m? The latter especially in light of the continuing absence of anything remotely like a proper large gap-opener. Snipinger getting the dive-roll solved a lot of tactical problems for that class, it will solve even more for us.

We urgently need ^^those,^^ too.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

NathanielStarr
01.03.2014 , 01:29 PM | #326
For some reason they do not want Merc DPS to be viable.

I say that merc healers will be in the number 2 spot because while the change may be good, they will still not have the survivability of OP healers and you cannot heal when you are dead.

The skill to reduce pushback will be an ability that you have to click. It will have a long cooldown and will cost excessive heat.

Why they changed the one single stun we get to 10 meters is beyond me and our mez is almost useless.

Macroeconomics
01.07.2014 , 02:40 AM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
I say that merc healers will be in the number 2 spot because while the change may be good, they will still not have the survivability of OP healers and you cannot heal when you are dead.
I really don't understand why the devs didn't link merc buffs to Kolto Missile. Give Kolto Missile a 10% chance per teammate healed to make your next RapidScan an instant cast. Problem solved. Merc healers need the ability to do something when their shield is down. And frankly Merc dps need better off healing too. Sorc dps off healing is about 50-100% better in output than Merc dps off healing. It's really not very close. If Kolot Missile would proc RapidScan, both those issues would be addressed.

cashogy_reborn
01.07.2014 , 01:08 PM | #328
Merc off-healing is the best in the game for a DPS, Kolto Missile is short cooldown, low heat cost and can heal for ~3k on up to 4 people.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DkSharktooth
01.08.2014 , 07:32 PM | #329
This threads title is an insult to the community.

The amount of work and thoughtful brainstorming the merc community put into displaying options for changes to (dps) mercs/commandos compared to the actual result achieved (removed 30% pushback from tracer missile/power shot [it already had 70% pushback reduction from talents]) is just like throwing a pie in all our faces.

Stop putting all your time into buffing those ridiculously op operatives and fix this broken class already. Class changes should take no more than 1-2 days in a 1hour meeting brainstorming stuff, in addition to looking at forum feedback from players. I am completely and utterly insulted by the amount of time it takes BW team to get anything minor done, as if it really took like 3-6 months to come up with this minor change.

I'll give BW 1/2 of an upvote for the mercenary/commando healing changes, at least it's some improvement.

cs_zoltan
01.08.2014 , 07:48 PM | #330
Merc is not broken, only spec that is bad is Bodyguard PVP they rest is either fine or great