Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom Stride after 5.9.3


olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
10.25.2018 , 11:54 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirtastropohe View Post
Stop screwing up shadows with your clumsy fixes that don't fix anything.
So civil and constructive.....

Kirtastropohe's Avatar


Kirtastropohe
10.25.2018 , 08:57 PM | #82
Getting back to the purpose of this. BW... you made shadow/sin suck and be even more unfun than you already managed to do. Stop screwing the class over and let us have the tools we need to compete in a game dominated by ranged classes.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
10.26.2018 , 11:04 AM | #83
Keep doing you, BW! I have not noticed any bugs in my shadow gameplay since this last fix, so kudos!

LudhaninRolgge's Avatar


LudhaninRolgge
10.26.2018 , 03:37 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Keep doing you, BW! I have not noticed any bugs in my shadow gameplay since this last fix, so kudos!
You mean except being launched halfway accross the map ? Or getting stuck in place ? Or bouncing onto something ? Happened to me since they "fixed" it. So yeah, kudos for that. As for your supposed predation bug, I've never heard anyone report it ever or with any other mouvement enhancing ability for that matter. So maybe you're not as annoyed as the vast majority of shadow players I've talked to in-game or here, and I'm happy for you, but the fact is it didn't fix anything.So making the rotation clunkier for a fix that doesn't fix anything is not worth it in my opinion.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale

Opiklo's Avatar


Opiklo
10.26.2018 , 04:14 PM | #85
just wanted to point out, that this change leads to a loss of 0.8 apm, which is a flat out dps nerf....
now its officially the worst melee tree with a clunky (nerve wrecking) rotation....
please tell us what you fixed and what justified this change which destroyed my favourite melee tree.....
this non communication is just frustrating and will lead to players being pissed....
you could easily avoid problems like this if you explain to the people what you do...
a "issue" is not much of a reason.
or would you explain anakin slaying the younglings with " he had an issue with his wife"?

just talk to your customers.. most of them arent that bad until you start pissing them off.....
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
10.26.2018 , 08:26 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by LudhaninRolgge View Post
You mean except being launched halfway accross the map ? Or getting stuck in place ? Or bouncing onto something ? Happened to me since they "fixed" it. So yeah, kudos for that. As for your supposed predation bug, I've never heard anyone report it ever or with any other mouvement enhancing ability for that matter. So maybe you're not as annoyed as the vast majority of shadow players I've talked to in-game or here, and I'm happy for you, but the fact is it didn't fix anything.So making the rotation clunkier for a fix that doesn't fix anything is not worth it in my opinion.
I dont think they fixed any if the issues you mentioned with this particular fix. Perhaps a fix for another patch. And i havent experienced any of the ones you mentioned since the last patch either. Doesnt mean they arent there, but means im telling the truth. Perhaps you were expecting something else be fixed, but thats your decision. It doesnt mean BW made a change for no reason.

LudhaninRolgge's Avatar


LudhaninRolgge
10.26.2018 , 09:23 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
I dont think they fixed any if the issues you mentioned with this particular fix.
Why would they fix a rare issue (if issue there is), but not fix the obvious one ? Come on, you're getting ridiculous here.

Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Perhaps a fix for another patch.
Well, it's about time, don't you think ?

Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
And i havent experienced any of the ones you mentioned since the last patch either. Doesnt mean they arent there, but means im telling the truth.
Well, I was launched accross the map on the 1st pvp game I played the day the patch hit. And I've had the other issue happen as much as before.

Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Perhaps you were expecting something else be fixed, but thats your decision. It doesnt mean BW made a change for no reason.
Yeah. To be honest I've been expecting them to rework how PS works for pretty much as long as they introduced it. But I'm sure at this point it's more in the realm of dreams than anything.

You seem to don't mind PS respecting the GCD, which is fine you can do whatever you want. But you gotta admit it doesn't fix anything (except you mysterious issue you keep bringing up) and all that at the cost of a clunkier rotation. So it's not far fetched to ask for a revert to how PS was before 5.9.3, don't you think ?
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
10.27.2018 , 09:42 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by LudhaninRolgge View Post
Why would they fix a rare issue (if issue there is), but not fix the obvious one ? Come on, you're getting ridiculous here.
How do you fix a problem without having a working fix? If they havent fixed the launch bug, its very likely they havent found the fix without breaking something else.

You make it sound like they shouldnt fix any other bugs until they fix the launch bug, even if it takes years to fix it. So lets just neglect all other bugs for years, right?

Who sounds ridiculous now?

Its high time players realize they dont know everything and dont have all the answers. But i guess thats my pipe dream.

Opiklo's Avatar


Opiklo
10.27.2018 , 10:31 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post

Who sounds ridiculous now?

Its high time players realize they dont know everything and dont have all the answers. But i guess thats my pipe dream.
for me the ridiculous things are the nerf without compensation and the lack of communication what they have "fixed"

if you are a person thats satisfied with answers like: " we dd it because reasons", its a pity, because you dont even want to understand stuff.

i dont give bw the benefit of a doubt anymore, they dont understand that this change is a nerf and they dont buff any other ability for compensation.

then you dont know what the "problem" was, why they did it.. you just have to swallow it.

i played infi in any content there is and i never ever encountered any bugs or glitches concerning PS in combination with a movement enhancing skill. only thing ever happened to me is the launch across the map thing, which wasnt fixed.

if it was such game breaking that it had to be fixed they could give us like 4 sentences which explain, why it had to be done....
but this Rko outtanowhere (my shadows name) eat that nerf is just not acceptable from a communicative point of view.

until they dont change anything my shadow will only be played if my raid team forces me to for certain bosses
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

LudhaninRolgge's Avatar


LudhaninRolgge
10.27.2018 , 02:52 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
How do you fix a problem without having a working fix? If they havent fixed the launch bug, its very likely they havent found the fix without breaking something else.

You make it sound like they shouldnt fix any other bugs until they fix the launch bug, even if it takes years to fix it. So lets just neglect all other bugs for years, right?

Who sounds ridiculous now?

Its high time players realize they dont know everything and dont have all the answers. But i guess thats my pipe dream.
You keep bringing up an hypothetical issue they may have fix with 5.9.3 as an argument to back your statement, but the thing is it doesn't exist. I've never encoutered it, never spoke to someone who did and never saw anyone report it anywhere. Granted I don't know all the shadow/sins players and haven't seen all the post about them on the internet. But this kind of issue never go that long unnoticed, particularly at the age of information we live in.
My biggest problem is not that they put PS on the GCD, yes it's annoying and made Deception a whole lot less fun to play, but if it really fixed something I could go with it. What is really frustrating is 1. it was not in the patchnotes (which according to Musco if it's not in the patchnotes it's a bug), 2. hasn't been acknoledged by BW as either a bug or WAD.

And about your other point, the fixing of the launch bug is easy enough. Just make PS not a dash, but an actual teleport. There's code in the game already for abilities like that so yes I think they really should fix that before trying to fix your hypothetical issue.
Darth Malgus
Odhul'sen - La Croisée
Typhojem - La Croisée Impériale