What crafts give what special missions?

galadude

Can anyone tell me how you get special missions for other crafts? For instance, I have slicing and I've sometimes gotten missions for diplomacy and treasure hunting.

Do you get other special gathering/mission from slicing? I saw a chart that said slicing is the only craft to dole out crewskill missions, is this correct? Am I just unlucky and not gotten any investigation or underworld missions?

Also, which crafts give out schematics? If anyone can link me to a guide, I'd appreciate it. Most guides I see just deal specifically with what crew members are best for what crafts, and what crafts complement each other.

I believe its when you "crit" on a crew mission that you get the nice purple or blue special missions (sometimes). Far as I know any crew mission can give other special missions...just appears some like slicing, treasure hunting and Underworld trading seem to have better chance imho. Edited by Aria

Mobs, lockboxes, and slicing can give you missions.

Mobs, lockboxes, slicing, and investigation can give you prototype schematics. (I *think* the slicing ones are only for cybertech though, and while they're blue, they're typicalyspeeders, ship parts, and the like.)

Underworld trading (and possible mobs/lockboxes) can give you custom armor schematics. (I haven't personally ever gotten any from mobs/lockboxes though, so it's possible it's only from underworld trading)