Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will free flight space combat offer gamepad/joystick support or do you expect us to use our keyboards and get repetitive stress injuries like you do for your on rails space combat?

Also, while I'm fine with PvP based space combat, I am wondering if you plan to offer PvE style missions as well, ala the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games?

PVP space battles are nice and all.... But lets face it, it should have been in the game from the beginning. I thoroughly hope they wont disregard their less "must-destroy-everything-now" customers and include something like Guild Flagships in this to balance out the content!

PVP space battles are nice and all.... But lets face it, it should have been in the game from the beginning. I thoroughly hope they wont disregard their less "must-destroy-everything-now" customers and include something like Guild Flagships in this to balance out the content!

I'm pretty sure that's something completely separate. :t_confused:

Can someone from Bioware confirm if this expansion is PvP only?

From the sound of it, there will only be a pvp component to start with. But once the framework is in place, it should be *relatively* easy to implement a pve aspect, a la X-Wing, as well (all it should really need is halfway decent AI, and then mission scripting like any other content).

So even if it's pvp only to start with, once the framework is in place, I think pve missions based off it will be too big an opportunity to pass up.

This community is amazing (read: bad). BioWare finally announces the free flight space combat that everyone has been wanting, and the first several posts are, "Where's the PvE?, " and "This should have been in at launch." As opposed to just, "Cool! Thanks!"