BIOWARE has a serious PvP issue!

Xumaximus

I'll make this short and to the point.....yes everyone knows that PvP is broken but what is more troubling are these two things 1) With all these problems in PvP and the server imbalance just what the hel were the testers and beta players doing exactly?! 2) Most of the problems PvP is facing are problems that doesnt take months of design to see so exactly what is BIOWARE doing?

1) When launch came out their were warzone groups of lv 10-50 (fine I understand the game just came out and the long q's there would be if it was bracketed from the start i get it) BUT then they come out with a lvl 50 bracket leaving the lvl 11's to fight against the lvl 48's and 49's....that doesnt make any sense at all!

2) Why hasn't Bioware address or better yet correct the bug where a warzone can sometimes allow more players in the warzone giving the all ready over geared IMPS or REPS an even greater advantage? I mean when its 8 vs 8 fine but when its 8 vs 12 ....*** man!?

3) That leads me to my next point why would you even start a match when its 4 vs 8 in a place like (The voidstar) I mean once the other side gets a whole team set up the other team is all ready in the last room AND then to top it all off when you zone into the match you have to wait to even get into the fight....really bioware....really!?

4) Ilum.....lets be honest the only thing thats going to save this train wreck is SERVER BALANCE makes no sense to put a cap on it of 100 people per district when 80 are IMPS and 20 are REPS....come on bioware do I really need to tell you this.....man!

the level 10-49 thing is pretty big, although I have fought some tough level 10's that were accompanied by high levels throwing guard on them/healing them etc.

anyway, this issue became really obvious to me when my marauder hit 40 and I could get my 'god tier' ability and man it made a huge difference in my killing power.

Edited by HBninjaX

is the issue that they have no idea how to make systems to support their pvp game?

or is it that they've built absolutely no longevity into it?

or is it that they're too arrogant to listen to feedback and will give us only what they think we want?

or is it that EA suits decide what goes into the game, not the developers?

I'd say they've got more than one serious issue.

no one said lvl 10's have to pvp. Having said that, i rolled a new alt and started pvping at 10 and i didnt find it all that bad sure when a lvl 48 would see me im going to die but ill get to return the favor eventually

Don't take this as a general statement but I've destroyed some higher levels fairly easily on my level 12 Jedi Sentinel. Maybe they never saw me as a threat. :p

Maybe not brackets like WoW but come on at least give me the 10-30 and the 30-49 brackets...that would help set apart the players who have real talent from those that just farm lowbies! When its a match of nothing but lvl 10-20's against a pug of lvl 40's guess who wins that rat race!?

At no point during Beta (at least the time I was in - mid summer to launch) was any high level testing done. Almost all the testing was level 0-35. They did have a server that gave premade lvl 43's, but no one used them because Bioware failed to put enough money on the premade chars to buy skills and you had crap gear. With those two things it made leveling to 50 almost impossible.

Most of the issues spawn from the fact that very VERY little testing was done over lvl 40. All adjustments, tweaks, etc. were done based solely on feed back from early levels. This is why both the 50's PVP mix debacle wasn't foreseen, and why classes are unbalanced at 50 but seem mostly fine 10-49. No end game gear testing was done, nor were the effects that PVP stats would have fully tested.

I'll make this short and to the point.....yes everyone knows that PvP is broken but what is more troubling are these two things 1) With all these problems in PvP and the server imbalance just what the hel were the testers and beta players doing exactly?! 2) Most of the problems PvP is facing are problems that doesnt take months of design to see so exactly what is BIOWARE doing?

1) When launch came out their were warzone groups of lv 10-50 (fine I understand the game just came out and the long q's there would be if it was bracketed from the start i get it) BUT then they come out with a lvl 50 bracket leaving the lvl 11's to fight against the lvl 48's and 49's....that doesnt make any sense at all!

2) Why hasn't Bioware address or better yet correct the bug where a warzone can sometimes allow more players in the warzone giving the all ready over geared IMPS or REPS an even greater advantage? I mean when its 8 vs 8 fine but when its 8 vs 12 ....*** man!?

3) That leads me to my next point why would you even start a match when its 4 vs 8 in a place like (The voidstar) I mean once the other side gets a whole team set up the other team is all ready in the last room AND then to top it all off when you zone into the match you have to wait to even get into the fight....really bioware....really!?

4) Ilum.....lets be honest the only thing thats going to save this train wreck is SERVER BALANCE makes no sense to put a cap on it of 100 people per district when 80 are IMPS and 20 are REPS....come on bioware do I really need to tell you this.....man!

I agree with you on some of these points. However, I feel you may be a little misguided on some aspects friend. Regarding your opening statement, the early testers would not have the ability to test for server imbalance. Yes, people can 'guess' that there may be imbalance, but I expect the degree to which the servers are imbalanced were not predicted. Considering the statement about the length of time it takes to design aspects of the game; I feel that without actually working in this industry, it is unfair to place arbitrary time demands on features we personally want to see fixed or inserted into the game. A MMORPG is a large, multifaceted game with a quite a bit going on.

On to the meat of the post.

1) I feel that the separation of brackets, as it stands now, works fine. Separating the level 50 players from the rest brought a significant change to the feel of pvp for those below 50. As a level 11, because of the bolstering buff you are still able to contribute to the game over all and have fun. I pvp as early as 10 and still make a significant showing on the scoreboard.

2) I either have not noticed this bug, or simply have not encountered this yet. However, if this is true then it definitely needs to be addressed.

3) The problem here, I feel, is that when people get the pop up and they aren't actually ready for the match, so they let the queue timer expire instead of hitting leave queue. This can cause a critical lack of manpower on voidstar. However, not starting the game is not the best alternative. I believe that the speeder tour of the voidstar needs to be done away with, as it causes some very inconvenient delays at times. Additionally, adding a deserter debuff of sorts for leaving the match, or canceling the queue after it pops may help alleviate this some as well.

4) Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I have not experienced Ilum yet. However, Logically, if a player cap is implemented, then it would need to be faction specific too. (IE 80 for each side) On top of that, The planet should have a level restriction of 45+. This way you cut down on those doing the chest farming bit as well. Unfortunately, it does limit those whom may wish to explore early, but in the interest of balance some sacrifice needs to be made.

As I said, you have some good points, and there are some things that need to be addressed. I am confident that given time, all of these concerns will be addressed though.

1) the 10-49 bracket is based purely on skill, and you not sucking. As a sniper in the 20's I put out the most damage, have the most kills, the least deaths, and do plenty of objective while I'm at it and normally get plenty of MVP votes. I don't see your problem other than that maybe you just don't get what to do in a PvP WZ?

2) They've fixed the problem for PvE, and I'm sure that eventually it will get fixed for PvP. BW has stated numerous times that they are mainly focused on the casual players, not the hardcore pvpeeners.

3) ...QQ I've played better 4v8 than 8v8's. It's all about having an actual team, and strategy and sticking to it. /Faceroll

4) This is not BW's fault. This is YOUR fault. By your I mean all of our fault. No one plays Republic.

Edited by DarthChagras

THE GAME HASN'T EVEN BEEN OUT A FULL MONTH YET...

Christ... Can you give the Devs time to sort this stuff out?

THE GAME HASN'T EVEN BEEN OUT A FULL MONTH YET...

Christ... Can you give the Devs time to sort this stuff out?

It has actually been out for a full month.

I think the main concern here is, if the devs are using their times wisely.

Everything needs time, it's the priorities that's F'd up me thinks.

Or maybe more devs needed, last I checked they had alot of spots open for different position on the Austin team.

We had new client about every month(aka character wipes), the highest I got was level 43 during the beta.

Dont blame us

I really hear a lot of "I keep getting killed" raging from this OP...

First rule of PvP: It's not if you will die it's when.

Second rule of PvP: Higher levels most likely have more pvp gear because they bit the bullet you don't want to have to and earned their better damage.

I have a 23rd lvl SW and I can be killed or kill anyone on in my bracket. Killed two 49s last night, you just have to be a little savvy.

Edited by Eludajae

Being supportive to BW effort to fix the part that are in need of it would me more conducive to results than evasive complaints. You need to see why they did it and what would be the alternative.

Bolster is not perfect but it is far better than low level brackets that become the Twinks hotspots and make life miserable for player that are just passing by. My experience was that it was more enjoyable than in other games where you get destroyed by someone 1 level above you with epic items in each slot.

The Developers obviously did not expect such a massive player imbalance. They would have done something previous to the debacle. The match that start with unequal teams is a problem that plagues most MMO pvp WZ. This is trade off between equal team and cancel match (player not playing). They decided to allow players to play even if it meant unequal teams. The system they put into place need tweaking but it can be fixed and will be if they are given the chance.

My personnal suggestion would be for them to reduce the timer to join a WZ and make it so if you fail to accept or refuse before the end you get handed a 5 minute deserter to encourage people to accept or refuse as fast as possible. I would also prevent Q from poping during conversation with NPC which lead people to wait for the last possible second to join. Just keep people at the top of the Q for another round if they are in a conversation or pop up the game if the conversation finish and the game still need players.

1) the 10-49 bracket is based purely on skill, and you not sucking. As a sniper in the 20's I put out the most damage, have the most kills, the least deaths, and do plenty of objective while I'm at it and normally get plenty of MVP votes. I don't see your problem other than that maybe you just don't get what to do in a PvP WZ?

2) They've fixed the problem for PvE, and I'm sure that eventually it will get fixed for PvP. BW has stated numerous times that they are mainly focused on the casual players, not the hardcore pvpeeners.

3) ...QQ I've played better 4v8 than 8v8's. It's all about having an actual team, and strategy and sticking to it. /Faceroll

4) This is not BW's fault. This is YOUR fault. By your I mean all of our fault. No one plays Republic.

Your response shouldnt even be taken serious....but I'll bite since your whole argument is something you have no idea or clue about yet you hold it as truth (my player skill)

1) Come on dont be an idiot everyone knows who wins with a team that has more lvl 40's than the other team who has level 20's....your being dumb. I want SKILL and planning to win me my matches your so used to rolling with lvl 40's that you some how think your lvl 20 is GOD like please you go head to head with a 40 your done... and of course i know what im doing in PvP WZ its why i made the theard troll

2) Nothing more to say here.....just that dont give me the crap about if you want PvP go somewhere else BS juse because PvP is broken....if its broken its broken! Its like the kid who crys because noone picks him up to be on there team so he takes his ball home and goes home saying "if they want to play they have to go somewhere else".....

3) And Ill hit you with two of my points on this one just to show people how smart you are! Your telling me that a team with 8 lvl 40's against 4 lvl 20's can win a Warzone.....LOL enough said!

4).....yea lets all just roll sith so that then we could all wait at the reps base and pull them out for one kill every 12 hours.....do your homework kid