• Players are able to consume MISSION recipe for misson that they can already run.

Glower

For crew skill missions, it has always been that way.

You have to open the first copy of the mission, send a companion to do it, then open the second copy.

This bug is not related to the crafting schematic bug, which is a recurring bug from before 1.2.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

You have to open the first copy of the mission, send a companion to do it, then open the second copy.

This bug is not related to the crafting schematic bug, which is a recurring bug from before 1.2.

No it was fixed some time during 1.2 or 1.3.

Actually, now if you open the second copy while a companion is on the mission, the item just disappears and nothing unlocks.

Not exactly. This is how it worked at launch, up until 1.2. Then, for a while, it was changed so that you could only do one at a time, and the game wouldn't let you activate a second identical crafting mission until the first one finished. You wouldn't even get a casting bar. Oddly enough, the patch notes stated "Players can now send multiple companion characters on a mission granted by a Mission Discovery if the player had more than one of that Mission Discovery."

Then, at some point in 1.3, it changed again, to a case where it would let you activate a second one, but you wouldn't actually gain the mission again. At this time, you can't run the same mission twice, but you can lose the item if you click on it while the same mission is either ready to run, or being run. So it isn't a full reversion to the original behavior, but rather a worst case mix of the two behaviors.

The current schematic problem is a full reversion to the behavior at launch time.

No it was fixed some time during 1.2 or 1.3.

Um, I believe that is what I said, "... from before 1.2". :)

Actually, now if you open the second copy while a companion is on the mission, the item just disappears and nothing unlocks.

Oh, well that does suck worse.

Yeah this was fixed 1.3 I think, but they broke it again.

IMO they also need to put a red border or something around schematics you already know so when you're shopping on the GTN, you don't have to keep scrolling through your recipes to see if you already know it.

Yeah this was fixed 1.3 I think, but they broke it again.

IMO they also need to put a red border or something around schematics you already know so when you're shopping on the GTN, you don't have to keep scrolling through your recipes to see if you already know it.

Actually they added something for this in 1.2. Missions you don't know should be highlighted, while those you do know should be grayed out. Unfortunately it has never worked properly.

Edited by Blackavaar

Actually they added something for this in 1.2. Missions you don't know should be highlighted, while those you do know should be grayed out. Unfortunately it has never worked properly.

They really did it and broke later!? :Sadpanda: ...

I'm pretty sure it's always been this way. It's such an embarrassing bug.

No it hasn't. Prior to this last patch, if my trooper (Armormech) had already learned a schematic it would say "you already know this schematic" (or some such wording) and refuse to let me 'learn it'. Now however.. it does let me learn it, even though I already knew it. In effect waisting a schematic I could otherwise have sold/vendored or transferred to some alt for storage.

I'm pretty sure it's always been this way. It's such an embarrassing bug.

Err what? No, you used to get an error message and the item was not lost. This goes for both missions and schematics. Now they messed up both, though, first one, then the other.