~{PLEASE READ}~ [HOW-TO] Find FP's on Low-Pop Servers

Solo_Han

The game has lost so many subscribers, its not going to even matter at this point.

I don't think it's as bad as it seems... The major problem is that the population is sparsely populate among far too many servers. The initial boom in December forced them to open over double the amount of servers originally in place. Just have a look at:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254

It's shocking how many 'NEW' ones they opened to meet demand. This is just to accommodate for the 'buzz' around the game. Inevitably, as the market is rather crowded, your player burn rate is going to be really high for the first quarter or two, until you see the player base stabilise.

This happens with just about anything that's new, but nobody likes to analyse and rant more than the MMO community.

This is getting off topic anyway... The point is, it only takes 4 to tango, and every server has at least 4 players on it. So let's dance.

We have a similar Chanel on my server Called LFG50 Its freaking great and makes finding groups a hell of a lot easier. I would reccomend all servers do this regardless of population its a godsend . Great post OP

Forum mods should sticky this.

We have a similar Chanel on my server Called LFG50 Its freaking great and makes finding groups a hell of a lot easier. I would reccomend all servers do this regardless of population its a godsend . Great post OP

Forum mods should sticky this.

I'm pleased it's working well on your server. I have high hopes for my own.

I also firmly believe that people who say that this won't work because not enough people will join or use it, that you aren't persistent enough. If you try it for two days, and nothing really happens, then you need to keep going. If it works somewhere, then it can work everywhere... There's no reason that it shouldn't.

Optimism and all its quirky accomplices are what you need to instil change in a community.

This was done on Syth Wurm and it did nothing to help with groups etc

I think as people continue to jump ship to the more populated servers you'll see more people being interested in this.

When your population is booming it isn't so much of a necessity, but when they're pretty low, and people aren't so bothered about whatever it is they're doing with their time, as they're mainly dailies & warzones that they've done a thousand times before.

Just keep pushing it, and word really will spread.

I've been using the global LFG channel on my server for weeks. I have gotten I think maybe one group from it. More widespread communication may theoretically help, but the issue is still server population.

*Sith Wyrm

Edited by TheSuperD

I've been using the global LFG channel on my server for weeks. I have gotten I think maybe one group from it. More widespread communication may theoretically help, but the issue is still server population.

*Sith Wyrm

I agree, server population is an issue, but for another topic.

The point is there are enough people online to form groups, and enough people who want to form groups. If there are fewer people on your server, if anything, it means that getting a larger percentage to join the channel should be easier.

The key is getting guilds to mention it in their Message of the Day popup, and then canvassing people who aren't in guilds.

Definitely not playing this game much if at all when the trinity killer arrives. Bioware has to know by now they lost or are losing huge amounts of subs due to server pop issues.

Why don't they hire a programmer to make transfers possible and pay him using the money they save by closing down the empty servers? It's win/win and they generate more re-subs imho.