Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo Operations?

FierceJesus
05.16.2019 , 08:03 AM | #11
Though I think it would be a good idea for those who prefer to solo, I don't think it will happen ever. What would be cool though if they did would be the option of playing it with 3+ companions. That would be awesome actually.
Click here for my Referral Link
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
"The Force is all things and I am the Force"

juliushorst
05.17.2019 , 09:43 AM | #12
I think what would work here was if they made last bosses of DF and DP soloable. You do Oricon, you invade Fortress in solo mode, you engage Brontes in solo mode (guess it would require stripping her of most mechanics other than droid clock and avoiding fingers), you get the cutscene, enter Dread Palace and fight the Council in solo mode (again, probably stripped of most mechanics that require group), you get some common CXP pack for each and you are done with Oricon. Less work for BW, most of the content and all possible rewards remain raiding exclusive and it opens a way for non-raiders to finish the story.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

GhOsTPrOz
05.18.2019 , 01:00 AM | #13
If you want to do solo content perhaps do not play a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER Online RPG.
<Tragic Heroes> Star Forge
<It's A Trap> Darth Malgus
http://tragicheroes.enjin.com/
Free stuff - http://www.swtor.com/r/XsKLPx

juliushorst
05.18.2019 , 12:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by GhOsTPrOz View Post
If you want to do solo content perhaps do not play a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER Online RPG.
Solo \ story player's sub money is as good as anybody else's. While I'm not a solo player, I too like to experience the story alone, at my own pace and with my own choices.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

xXEmotionXx
01.14.2021 , 01:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by GhOsTPrOz View Post
That's just a dumb answer. SWTOR is a Story-driven game and offers a lot of solo content for solo players. I'm a solo player and would love to have access to essential story content which are only available in some OP's without forcing myself to play the game in a way I don't enjoy. The Story on Oricon ends with an OP and if you don't find a group to run the operation with you're not able to finish the story you started solo. This is frustrating af as a Solo player.

People who like to witness the Story doesn't care about OP rewards. If they would care, they would raid with others. I don't see any viable reason to neglete access to Story content from operations which are a major part of the game for people who like to enjoy this content alone.
IT'S RIGHT TO REBEL

MagicTerror
01.14.2021 , 02:55 PM | #16
I really would like a solo option for most of the Operations, with fewer mechanics, fewer adds, and story-mission level enemy health and damage dealt. Done right, it could be the perfect warm-up for knowing the fights as a group of players.

But at this point, I don't think it's going to happen. Something like this would require some significant overhauls of what you would find inside an Operation phase for a solo/story mode to actually make it seem soloable. It might be doable for Eternity Vault, but once you hit the 4th boss of Karagga's palace it gets a lot harder to tune down everything going on in the fights. And you can forget about reworking the Oricon ops easily.

Even if they managed it, it's going to require a lot of stuff taken out to make trinity-based 8-man group content soloable with a Comp. For us players who have been exposed to the group versions, it is likely going to seem so boring and leave us questioning why they would spend time doing this instead of fixing bugs.

I like the idea of leaving only 1 or 2 of the bosses in each phase for a solo story version, but I just can't see time being spent on this.

mike_carton
01.15.2021 , 05:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunarcorporation View Post
Yeah. I'm missing out on a lot because not many people do this content anymore, and the ones that do aren't exactly friendly to players who aren't top tier in their class.
The only real way to get into operations is to join a casual PvE guild that has regularly scheduled training Operations on the weekly calendar. Many guilds do that on NA servers that I know of. Very relaxed in gear requirements, will help you gear up, and will explain every fight before it starts (on every single run of every Op.) Search for a guild that does “training op”.

Many such guilds also tend to have heavy restrictions on bad behavior, bad attitude, and toxic discussions. Not to mention rules against bullying new players and members. Ability to listen in Discord will be required usually. I can suggest reliable names on Satele Shan or you can visit SS forum.

SWTORista created a site where you can search for guilds.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).