Going Light Side?

Mayaserena

2 Q's for the community to answer if they know:

1) What consequences are there for Imperial characters going Light Side? :confused:

2) How many people are planning to make a heavy light side Marauder? :rolleyes:

#1) You can't use red crystals

#2) Not I :)

Unspecific companion spoilers:

Two of the companions are significantly different depending on whether you treat them according to LS or DS (SW is the only class that can do this, AFAIK).

Much more specific:

Vette loses her personality if you shock her too much, and Jaesa can be turned either light or dark. This also affects which of the two you can romance (Light: Vette; Dark: Jaesa), IIRC. Note that this is based on how you deal with that companion, not your general alignment.

2 Q's for the community to answer if they know:

1) What consequences are there for Imperial characters going Light Side? :confused:

2) How many people are planning to make a heavy light side Marauder? :rolleyes:

1.) I have heard of lightsabre color restrictions based on your alignment. (Which is why I decided to roll with yellow and orange lightsabres since I won't be able to keep red.)

2.) Count me in. Definitely. :cool:

(neutral)

1 : Answering this one with a question : Are grey''s still able to use Green/Blue crystals?

2 : After a long tought i finally decided to go light-side, but my plan is to be a goodie at start but to be corrupted by the force and turn into a dark marauder

I'm not quite sure yet. Is there a restriction on purple sabers? I think I'll end up being neutral because while my group is trying to go for LS Sith, some of the DS options just might be too tempting for me. Gotta let all my pent up evil out somehow :jawa_evil:

(neutral)

1 : Answering this one with a question : Are grey''s still able to use Green/Blue crystals?

2 : After a long tought i finally decided to go light-side, but my plan is to be a goodie at start but to be corrupted by the force and turn into a dark marauder

#1, yes only going DS1 takes that away, or LS1 taking away red

In the Nov-Dec general beta, I ended up LS V while still amassing 5k DS points. Now, I did have Diplomacy, but it doesn't add much.

Point being, there's a lot of wiggle room. You can be good or bad and still try out some of the opposing alignment choices in conversations without hamstringing yourself. You'll be able to see for yourself, starting from Dark/Light II and beyond, how to pace yourself in order to keep up with the level brackets that seem associated with the alignment brackets. ie: Dark/Light I seems to start at level 6 (no one is Dark/Light I by level 6 though), and Dark/Light II gear starts to show up in the high teens I believe, Dark/Light III shows up in the late 20s, etc, etc.

The actual Sith Warrior story is more a shades of grey thing, than purely evil or purely good. Heck, at one point you have an actual adult, philosophical conversation with your "Light Side".

The writing is typical Bioware writing, in which it's all mostly gray, while allowing you to be a caricature of good/evil if you want to just press 1 or 3 on your keyboard all the time.

If neutral didn't get shafted in terms of gear, I'd play it like I was following the teachings of Revan, as that definitely seems the most 'natural' path...story-wise. Since that's not an option for anyone who wants the best gear, I'm going LS, so as to look different from the majority, as I think it's a fair assumption that more SWs will be DS than LS.

Edited by revial

#1, yes only going DS1 takes that away, or LS1 taking away red

Yah, but i don''t mean darkside, i mean Grey, neutral. There''s 3 Sides, Light side, Dark Side, Grey side.

I heard that Grey''s could use Green/blue, now what im wondering if this is infact in the launch version?

Unspecific companion spoilers:

Two of the companions are significantly different depending on whether you treat them according to LS or DS (SW is the only class that can do this, AFAIK).

Much more specific:

Vette loses her personality if you shock her too much, and Jaesa can be turned either light or dark. This also affects which of the two you can romance (Light: Vette; Dark: Jaesa), IIRC. Note that this is based on how you deal with that companion, not your general alignment.

Thank you I spent all day looking for my answer to Jaesa and if you are correct I found my answer and am pleased!

Yah, but i don''t mean darkside, i mean Grey, neutral. There''s 3 Sides, Light side, Dark Side, Grey side.

I heard that Grey''s could use Green/blue, now what im wondering if this is infact in the launch version?

You can use all color crystals as grey.

Once you hit DS l you lose the ability to equip green and blue

Once you hit LS l you lose the ability to equip red

The rest of the gear says "Requires DS/LS 1( or 2,3, etc.)" and means you can't equip unless you are that high in the LS/DS

The color crystals will say "Forbidden" instead of "Requires"

Hope that clears it up for you

is there a way to remove LS or DS points?

What if you go Empire LS but then gosh darnit people in groups make DS choices... couldn't that add up to DS I over time and then you lose blue/green sabers?

It is the choices you make that count, others cant make you go DS or LS.

is there a way to remove LS or DS points?

What if you go Empire LS but then gosh darnit people in groups make DS choices... couldn't that add up to DS I over time and then you lose blue/green sabers?

You only get DS/LS points for the choices you personally make in group. Even if a DS response is picked to represent the group it won't give you DS points.