Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't defeat Gemini Captain

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Can't defeat Gemini Captain

ejadavidson
03.01.2019 , 01:06 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Cool, thanks for letting us know you've finished successfully. For the future, if you want to run another character through this fight, you might go looking for other sources of Presence - one of the occasionally overlooked ones is getting a human character to level 50 (by levelling from 1, not by Outlander tokens or the Master's Datacron), which gives a +100 to Presence on all your characters, but you can also get Presence bonuses from planetary datacrons.(1)

(1) It's also worth noting that Influence doesn't directly boost your companions. Instead, it boosts your character's Presence score when adventuring with that companion.
Oh thanks, I didn't know this. I've been away from the game for about 4 years and wanted to start a character from scratch, relearn the game but also just do the planetary and class quests and not all the side quests so I did the level 70 boost. I'm not a hardcore player, don't really care about fights, I'm just a Star Wars fan and want more of an interactive story.

Last night I finished KotET and it was pretty epic. I had to hit escape several times just to replay that last scene. Wow. Just wow.

BTW, the Gemini fight is the only one that's ever given me trouble. I had no issue with the Valynn fight (leading her into the green circles) or really any other fight after that.
Anina -50 jedi sentinel
Banim- 50 sniper
Jaxsyn - 30 powertech
Dezzerey - 37 gunslinger

Rinalia
03.03.2019 , 09:50 AM | #62
Be as nearby as possible. Worked for me even tho I played as IA. Also having a deprogrammed skytrooper with you helps a lot.

KanekiWegner
05.05.2019 , 08:01 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
Yeah, the Gemini boss is a little overpowered unless you use a healing companion. I was paying attention to the numbers, every-time she hit you, it was within 2000-5000 damage a hit. I had level 65 gear with purple lvl 64 augs, and how fast she was killing me was stupid. My tank companion died alot faster, because it would always stand in her knockback radius. I finally said **** it and used a healing comp, and beat it with no problem.
even with a gosh darn healing companion it's impossible 'cause senja is *********** useless

SteveTheCynic
05.06.2019 , 12:12 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by KanekiWegner View Post
even with a gosh darn healing companion it's impossible 'cause senja is *********** useless
DId you rank up her Influence? Have you accounted for the currently-bugged companion behaviour?(1)

(1) It affects ranged companions more than melee companions, but there are secondary effects on them as well.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

eliseonar
06.30.2019 , 10:34 PM | #65
Im getting spanked even with healing , shes way too over powered. i always get her to a pinch of health then she kills senya and then im left with no companion , and i die.

Sundown
07.01.2019 , 01:38 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by eliseonar View Post
Im getting spanked even with healing , shes way too over powered. i always get her to a pinch of health then she kills senya and then im left with no companion , and i die.
Which difficulty are you playing on? Which class and spec do you play?

Been a while, but if I recall correctly you need to get the hell out of her cleave asap and there was some cast you could interrupt.