Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't defeat Gemini Captain

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Can't defeat Gemini Captain

ScudON
07.01.2016 , 08:37 AM | #1
Had a number of goes with a couple of different characters, companion dies then get really close, but never quite do it, Heroic does not cut it either. I must be missing something obvious, so help or spoilers welcome.

Nefla
07.01.2016 , 08:45 AM | #2
That's weird, is your companion in the healing role?

ScudON
07.01.2016 , 08:51 AM | #3
Used in tank and damage, should they be in healing mode?

cool-dude
07.01.2016 , 09:05 AM | #4
Yeah, the Gemini boss is a little overpowered unless you use a healing companion. I was paying attention to the numbers, every-time she hit you, it was within 2000-5000 damage a hit. I had level 65 gear with purple lvl 64 augs, and how fast she was killing me was stupid. My tank companion died alot faster, because it would always stand in her knockback radius. I finally said **** it and used a healing comp, and beat it with no problem.
I'm a cool dude

ScudON
07.01.2016 , 09:26 AM | #5
Easy with a healer!

Rhyltran
07.01.2016 , 09:49 AM | #6
I beat her with an influence rank 3 Senya in tank mode. :P

casirabit
07.01.2016 , 10:01 AM | #7
Also, there is a bonus quest and if you find the data pad you need you can reprogram one of the skytroopers to help you as well. There is a lot of running around, so not sure exactly where the pad was, but go through all the pods and click on everything clickable and you should be able to find it.

I used it at the end when I went to face the captain and that helped as well. I am a healer and I had to watch all the knock backs closely to keep my companion healed.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

catsi
07.01.2016 , 11:47 AM | #8
Also make sure to interrupt her channeled attack. that irradiated dot is vicious especially the more stacks you get on you.
Ana Tathis 70 JK, Serraphin 70 COM/VG, Naashasa 70 Sage, Calliann, 70 GS, Kae'ra 70JK, Phyera 70 Sage
Rhea-hawk 70 PT, Gaa'ra 70 Mara, Fio'on 70 AS/Sorc , Mirri'elle 70 OP, Narayssa 70 Jug

thebumpkin
07.01.2016 , 12:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
I beat her with an influence rank 3 Senya in tank mode. :P
Must have been a heck of a workout fighting AND healing Senya at the same time.
"I love killing Cultists. Makes me feel like I'm tidying up the Galaxy. - Bounty Hunter, Hoth main planetary story.
"I thought the interrogation we faced on Manaan was severe. Darth Marr made that little session seem like a picnic! - C2D4, Shadow of Revan Post Darkside choice.

Rhyltran
07.01.2016 , 02:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by thebumpkin View Post
Must have been a heck of a workout fighting AND healing Senya at the same time.
It was! But you know what? That was some of the funnest times I've had in this game in a long time. To be honest? I died the first go around. I think I'll stick with companions in tank mode in these boss fights because that was actually pretty challenging. Heal specced companions just make things far too easy.