12/13/16 PvP-build?

buddyer

I came up with this build since the shield effect is about useless for pvp. It doesn´t activate if crits hit you and since crits are the incoming attacks that matter... For the average 23/0/18 you spec much into shield deff which is as stated, pretty useless.

In this build the only things you are really going to miss are forcepull and 15% shock damage but you´ll win a strong maul, much more force regeneration for fights against tanks and more stealh strength.

12/13/16

What do you think?

Edited by buddyer

do you have anything to back that up?

I have no prove, I actually thought it was common knowledge. I read a thread concerning this issue and several people have claimed to have tested it. So I´m not 100% sure if it´s correct but the tests sounded empiric.

Edited by buddyer

Wrong. Every Battlemaster I have seen has at least 23 points in Darkness.

I have seen a couple madness ones and a couple deception ones. Right now it seems fairly evenly distributed between the three specs.

on to the ops question

Darkswell isn't spectacularly useful imo. Blood of the Sith is far better giving you a permanent all the time regen. Part of the reason at least 23 points is recommended in the first place.

Drop a point of swelling shadows for another of trashing blades. You main damage is going to come from trash in this build since raze is more of a dumb luck proc and shock has a cd. Upping the damage on trash should be a priority over a tiny increase in chance to proc a tiny heal.

Drop recirculation for avoidance. Interrupts and lower time on CC breaker is far more useful than a lower cd on dark charges discharge (i assume you are using dc since you have no points in surging or in the buff to lightning discharge).

I wouldn't use this spec personally bc I feel it gives up too much for what is essentially a cheaper shock compared to the 23 point build.

Also, point of fact shields do proc on crits. They don't proc on specific attack types.