leveling deception vs. "elite" mobs

Tetracycline

Hi, I'm currently lvl31 using the regular armor piercing PvE build. I'm having troubles defeating the the elite mobs.

Example: I have 6k HP, elite mob has 13,5k HP (such as Vessex Ulgo on Alderaan). I'm nowhere near killing the mob. Khem Val dies very fast and I can't last that long either. Tried with Andronikos, I can't survive long enough either. Problem doesn't seem to be the damage (IMO), since I'm using Exploit Weakness, building 2 stacks of Induction buff, using interrupts on cooldowns etc, but rather survivability (even with shield gen, dark charge and stim).

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. When there are groups of 3-4 regulars mobs, I can defeat them no problem, but these elite mobs always give me such a hard time.

Or are you supposed to be a ***** and come back later or with a friend?

Questions to ask yourself.

Gear up to date?

Companions Gear up to date?

Using interrupts every chance you can interrupt a mobs channeled casting?

If ur taking tons of damage try DC mode the added def allows you to live longer and still do decent dps. Basically u share tanking with Khem Val or kite a bit with Andi or Ashara doing full dps. Both work wonders for soloing elites a few levels above you. I use dc mode with a well geared Ashara now and man we destroy mobs she is a little cutie beast. I know others say andi is dps heaven I feel like they must not gear Ashara or even give her a second lightsaber lol cause she's lights out.

When i leveled as deception I would usually accept the inevitable fact that Khem was going to die when I fought an elite mob. So usually what I would do was nuke the mob as much as possible while Khem tanked, kept crushing darkness up along with my normal rotation, and killed any adds that may have been plucking away at Khem. Once Khem died, I would switch over to dark charge, electrcocute at the first opportunity, jolt next channeled ability, pop deflection, and finish the mob off. Worked every time.

If you're having difficulty gear is the likely culprit. Whether it be yours or your companions.

Use ur robot. I dont know why people hate that companion lol. I stacked mine with aim and was able to take on multiple elites with dark charge on. Hes a great healer until 40 plus when you get your upgraded heal companion. Just dont play with sound hell drive u nuts. But also like the others said ur companions gear is as important as ur own when leveling need both to be up to date and also use guard on ur compnion to share the damage they take its not a ton but def helps.

When i leveled as deception I would usually accept the inevitable fact that Khem was going to die when I fought an elite mob. So usually what I would do was nuke the mob as much as possible while Khem tanked, kept crushing darkness up along with my normal rotation, and killed any adds that may have been plucking away at Khem. Once Khem died, I would switch over to dark charge, electrcocute at the first opportunity, jolt next channeled ability, pop deflection, and finish the mob off. Worked every time.

If you're having difficulty gear is the likely culprit. Whether it be yours or your companions.

Ouch as deception crushing darkness is a dps lost in fight the 2 second cast is way to painful if madness I think it can become instant cast on a proc otherwise it has no use in a deception build maybe to open but if stealth you lose some seconds on dark embrace.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=134217

I geared the hell out of the robot and as deception he can't keep up the heals vs multiple gold elites one on one ok unless the elite uses high damage AOE then he still sucks arse. His time between big heals is find insanely long and the little heals are meh when your getting rocked. Biggest issue is he won't stay at range and when he is taking AOE damage with me it blows range healers are so much better in my book it isn't funny and I am one of those that leveled cybertech lol.

Edited by LordbishopX

Thanks everyone for the input, as usually I was able to defeat the elite couple deaths later, but you're probably right my gear might be the problem.

Don't have all slots up to date, even less for Khem (he has less HP than me). Actually doing bit better with Andronikos, at least he puts out some decent damage.

Trying to get better gear, but I'm on a lowly populated server, so there's not much on GTM, so I buy what I can from the vendors.

Elites are tough to handle in a DPS spec since they have more HP than you do so they're likely to outlast you.

If the mob has any move that has a casting time, interrupt it.

Use Electrocute early because you might need to use Channel the Force at some point. Preferably use it to interrupt something they're casting.

Thanks everyone for the input, as usually I was able to defeat the elite couple deaths later, but you're probably right my gear might be the problem.

Don't have all slots up to date, even less for Khem (he has less HP than me). Actually doing bit better with Andronikos, at least he puts out some decent damage.

Trying to get better gear, but I'm on a lowly populated server, so there's not much on GTM, so I buy what I can from the vendors.

Use the commendations from each planet to update the gear. Get custom gear for you and Khem as you can and then alternate updating your gear and Khem's gear every planet.

PVP time if possible its pretty much free gear and even if you lose you get points to buy the gear including implants and earpieces. Also check the Lightside/darkside vendor for relics. Gear is a HUGH part of it.

Also I keep saying it cause it works Dark Charge mode and discharge = little heals and great mitigation and use a shield every little bit helps.

Also one thing to add do all the quests you can and run lower level flash points you can solo to get gear you can mod for ur companions at least mods and enhancements only cost 2 commendations.

Edited by LordbishopX

i know u mentioned u look on the auction house but mayb try to google and find out what certain crew skills can craft u and shout in imperial fleet. for example ask a biochem to make u medpacks/stims/and implants for urself and khem. those r always a good boost. Edited by tWoJo