[heroic 2+] hk-51

Im wondering about the HK mission where you have to defeat the sith lord. I beat the first guy, got all the parts, and now im back to the fatality and theres a sith lord in the way. How am i supposed to beat him, do i need an ops group? Do i need to activate something? Ive now tried 5 times, and 4 of the 5 times i couldnt even be able to get to the boss room.

Im wondering about the HK mission where you have to defeat the sith lord. I beat the first guy, got all the parts, and now im back to the fatality and theres a sith lord in the way. How am i supposed to beat him, do i need an ops group? Do i need to activate something? Ive now tried 5 times, and 4 of the 5 times i couldnt even be able to get to the boss room.

2 Words man:

Heroic Moment.

do i need an ops group?

Ops group? You have got to be kidding.

Yes, it is called heroic 2+ for a reason. It is intended for groups.

But an ops group? What makes you think you need an ops group? Besides ops groups can't even get inside the instance as normal phases have a 4 player limit.

That being said, it can still be soloed easily enough by just about any class.

The trash in there can be harder than the Lord of Agony himself, but that is mostly because some of them will spawn from nowhere and attack immediately in ways which make them unusually difficult to crow control for some classes. But really, just pop all your cooldowns (defensive and offensive) and make yor companion attack same target as you and take them out. Even if you don't have or fail to use a 60 second cc, try to make the most out of your short stuns and interrupt what you can.

The Lord of Agony is just all about interrupting his casts. All the stuns and knockbacks seem to work to interrupt him too. Easy fight really, even if you solo him. Didn't even use heroic moment with some of my better geared toons.

If you can't beat him solo with a companion, just ask in general for help, I'm sure someone will oblige.

It can be difficult to solo depending on your gear, and companion's gear.

I took a guildie with me when I did it. I probably could have solo'd him as a Jugg with Malavai. The first room with the golds and silvers would probably be harder solo because one of them always seems to go after your companion because the room is small, and you don't get the heals while your comp fights them off. The trick is to keep pulling aggro so your comp can keep on the heals. And I think there was a gold pat that showed up in the middle.

• 1 month later...

Good to know it is Solo'able with Tank/healer Combo as im currently lvl 53 Jugg and wanted to do it after finishing Makeb most of my gear is BH & the rest is upgraded to 140 rating same with Quinn in his Tio gear.

I know that HK is considered to be the best Comp but I have always been happy using a healer Comp so never bothered to go after HK parts but will now to try it on my rep player.

• 1 year later...
Didn't have much trouble with this on my Assassin (forgot at which level I obtained HK on him), but had trouble when I revisited this on my 53 DPS Merc. The boss itself is not that hard, but the packs of 1 gold + 2 silvers proved lethal unless i used heroic moment on every pack. When I bought 2 ilvl 156 implants off GTN to replace the ilvl ~80-90 ones I had, I barely made it, without having to wait 15 minutes on a heroic moment cooldown between packs. Like I said, the boss was a piece of cake compared to them. Edited by Strajder

Didn't have much trouble with this on my Assassin (forgot at which level I obtained HK on him), but had trouble when I revisited this on my 53 DPS Merc. The boss itself is not that hard, but the packs of 1 gold + 2 silvers proved lethal unless i used heroic moment on every pack. When I bought 2 ilvl 156 implants off GTN to replace the ilvl ~80-90 ones I had, I barely made it, without having to wait 15 minutes on a heroic moment cooldown between packs. Like I said, the boss was a piece of cake compared to them.

Thank you for providing us with this invaluable information in a year old thread. I'm not sure that any of us could have figured this out otherwise.

Thank you for providing us with this invaluable information in a year old thread. I'm not sure that any of us could have figured this out otherwise.

You are welcome.

I find the way the entire questline was handled silly, BTW. This should be personal, not a group quest. Also there shouldn't be a risk of WPvP in a PvE questline (hated that in WoW as well, in a PvE questline with similar requirement to do PvP, which, unlike this one, had serious PvE gear rewards). And we shouldn't be required to have characters on both sides (or more than one character for that matter) as well. Not that I couldn't handle it all (since I did), but still it is something that should be said.

Edited by Strajder