Ugh. Just ugh.

SteveTheCynic

So it's finally time to wrap up the last few class companion romances that I haven't seen yet.

The letters Akaavi sends after the end of her story were ... interesting.

So that leaves Raina Temple and Ashara. To romance Raina Temple, I must run through my least favourite class story again. Ugh.

And to romance Ashara, not only do I have to talk to Ashara, but I also have to listen to my character.

The male Inquisitor VA's voice makes my ears bleed.

So it's finally time to wrap up the last few class companion romances that I haven't seen yet.

The letters Akaavi sends after the end of her story were ... interesting.

So that leaves Raina Temple and Ashara. To romance Raina Temple, I must run through my least favourite class story again. Ugh.

And to romance Ashara, not only do I have to talk to Ashara, but I also have to listen to my character.

Cheer up! You will LOVE your character after he tells the Togruta lady from Boarding Party " lady, consider yourself a former member of the living" :D

What!! Male Inquisitor is by far the best VA in the game!! Put Kallig's mask on, with the echo the voice sounds even better!

Do you use the English or French voice-overs, Steve?

English. In French, the *female* Inq's voice has a uniform flat menace that was just annoying, and both Lana and the F!Trooper voices in English are amazing. Except one F!Trooper line. In "Surprise Inspection", you get your first companion-story flirt with Aric Jorgan, and line you say if you pick [Flirt] ...

* In English, you say in an ordinary voice that you have things in your locker that aren't strictly regulation. Aric picks up the "invitation" and remarks how what you wear in your off time is none of his business, unless you make it his business.

* In French, you say (in translation) "Are you going to inspect my equipment?", and the VA *nails* the intonation to make it sound like an invitation to grope her.

But the male Inq voice makes my ears bleed, as I said.

• 2 weeks later...
Well replaying smuggler and jesus why are the smug romances such jealous control freaks?!?

I didn't even romance anyone and they keep getting salty as heck at my anything that moves smug.

Maybe they think that "during a gangland war" is not the time to be getting in bed with Beryl Thorne?

That said, if you go around with Corso, he quietly (if pointedly) leaves you and Beryl or Cedonia or the other one or the other other one in peace to do what you're going to do. And if you play female, and don't flirt him(1), he doesn't really care *much* if you then flirt with whichever NPC takes your fancy.

(1) All class companion romance stories have a "critical" flirt - if you pick the flirt option on that wheel, you're stuck with the romance, and if you pick a non-flirt, that's it, no more romance - and Corso's is very, very early in the story, and less than totally obvious. (I think it's the one where he's drunk.) This leads to him having a reputation as a creepy stalker, when in fact he's not. Compare e.g. Kaliyo, where the critical one is pretty obviously the Wheezer incident, which is much, much later in the story.

Maybe they think that "during a gangland war" is not the time to be getting in bed with Beryl Thorne?

That said, if you go around with Corso, he quietly (if pointedly) leaves you and Beryl or Cedonia or the other one or the other other one in peace to do what you're going to do. And if you play female, and don't flirt him(1), he doesn't really care *much* if you then flirt with whichever NPC takes your fancy.

(1) All class companion romance stories have a "critical" flirt - if you pick the flirt option on that wheel, you're stuck with the romance, and if you pick a non-flirt, that's it, no more romance - and Corso's is very, very early in the story, and less than totally obvious. (I think it's the one where he's drunk.) This leads to him having a reputation as a creepy stalker, when in fact he's not. Compare e.g. Kaliyo, where the critical one is pretty obviously the Wheezer incident, which is much, much later in the story.

Uh no they're getting upset no matter who I flirt with or what situation. The only time they're chill is if they're the same gender as the Smuggler. Meanwhile as an Inquisitor Revel only gets upset if you're currently romancing him. I'm running through a male smug with Risha as his main companion (and I shut her down immediately) right now. (Also why is the only way to shut LIs down to be a rude ******e? Why can't I just say we're better as friends as male smug? I have to call Akvaai ugly and the Risha rejection is just awkward because of the Smug assuming she must be hitting on him from a fairly neutral comment). And she's salty as hell. :p If they were getting upset when my PC was romancing them I'd get it.

Also I'm not even talking about if you romance them. I'm distinctly playing characters that *don't* romance them yet still bring them around and they come across as jealous as hell for no reason.

Edited by Raynezazki

Uh no they're getting upset no matter who I flirt with or what situation. The only time they're chill is if they're the same gender as the Smuggler. Meanwhile as an Inquisitor Revel only gets upset if you're currently romancing him. I'm running through a male smug with Risha as his main companion (and I shut her down immediately) right now. (Also why is the only way to shut LIs down to be a rude ******e? Why can't I just say we're better as friends as male smug? I have to call Akvaai ugly and the Risha rejection is just awkward because of the Smug assuming she must be hitting on him from a fairly neutral comment). And she's salty as hell. :p If they were getting upset when my PC was romancing them I'd get it.

Also I'm not even talking about if you romance them. I'm distinctly playing characters that *don't* romance them yet still bring them around and they come across as jealous as hell for no reason.

The only reason my smuggler lass ran around with corso was because of his jealous comments since she flirted with anything that had a pair of legs xD

I understand the frustration, I just turned it into a running joke lol. Most of the classes seem to have weird rejection dialogue (from the pc) though :/

Also why is the only way to shut LIs down to be a rude ******e? Why can't I just say we're better as friends as male smug? I have to call Akvaai ugly and the Risha rejection is just awkward because of the Smug assuming she must be hitting on him from a fairly neutral comment

It depends on the class. A trooper doesn't have to be rude to Aric if she doesn't want him.

And my two male smugglers(1)? Well...

Jensyn Entresk (Human Slinger) chased Risha, and wandered through the Akaavi story without [Flirt]ing until he got the weird wheel with two [Flirt] choices, at which point he just plain stopped talking to her.

Kurzeksun Ikmeed (Red Zabrak Slinger(2)) chased Akaavi, and did much the same as Jensyn, except in reverse. Yes, Risha has a two-[Flirt] wheel, and he had never [Flirt]ed with her before that. So he just plain stopped talking to Risha.

I hear there's an epic fight if you pursue both romances to the point where you have to pick one of the two.

(1) I have a third, but he's a Scoundrel(2), and he has been level sub-20 since long, long before 4.0 came out.

(2) I like Gunslinger and Sniper(3). I have an Operative that reached level 70 and cranked through KotFE to the Gault chapter, and I decided along the way that I don't like the gameplay of Scoundrel/Operative. OK, Vanguard is worse (for my play-style), but that's a bit like saying that a poke in both eyes at once is worse than a poke in just the left eye.

(3) Except that a Sniper has to follow the Agent class story. That's enough to doom the character to non-played status.

The only reason my smuggler lass ran around with corso was because of his jealous comments since she flirted with anything that had a pair of legs xD

I understand the frustration, I just turned it into a running joke lol. Most of the classes seem to have weird rejection dialogue (from the pc) though :/

XD that's how I play my smug. Evil Sith, stuffy Jedi, if it has a pulse they will hit on it.

Oh yeah I had to laugh at the salt mine after a while it was just odd.

It depends on the class. A trooper doesn't have to be rude to Aric if she doesn't want him.

And my two male smugglers(1)? Well...

Jensyn Entresk (Human Slinger) chased Risha, and wandered through the Akaavi story without [Flirt]ing until he got the weird wheel with two [Flirt] choices, at which point he just plain stopped talking to her.

Kurzeksun Ikmeed (Red Zabrak Slinger(2)) chased Akaavi, and did much the same as Jensyn, except in reverse. Yes, Risha has a two-[Flirt] wheel, and he had never [Flirt]ed with her before that. So he just plain stopped talking to Risha.

I hear there's an epic fight if you pursue both romances to the point where you have to pick one of the two.

(1) I have a third, but he's a Scoundrel(2), and he has been level sub-20 since long, long before 4.0 came out.

(2) I like Gunslinger and Sniper(3). I have an Operative that reached level 70 and cranked through KotFE to the Gault chapter, and I decided along the way that I don't like the gameplay of Scoundrel/Operative. OK, Vanguard is worse (for my play-style), but that's a bit like saying that a poke in both eyes at once is worse than a poke in just the left eye.

(3) Except that a Sniper has to follow the Agent class story. That's enough to doom the character to non-played status.

Lucky Trooper :(

See the thing is I like Risha and stopping talking to her blows so I have to pick the weird rejection. (Plus I love how flustered she gets with the noble dude) The game gives me no other choice if I want to avoid romance. And Akaavi's rejection was just *shudders*

Nah sniper is super fun :p I think my sniper was the first person I beat all of KOTFE with.

Nah sniper is super fun :p I think my sniper was the first person I beat all of KOTFE with.

*Sniper* is fun. The Agent story, for me, is almost the antithesis of fun.

EDIT: I first beat all of KotFE/ET on a Gunnery Commando.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

*Sniper* is fun. The Agent story, for me, is almost the antithesis of fun.

EDIT: I first beat all of KotFE/ET on a Gunnery Commando.

*gasps in horror*

Well I never. Agent story is the best for me.

If we're talking about unfun story that reward goes to Trooper. God that was a snoozefest. Least Shadow is fun enough to play to make Consular story not a complete chore.

*gasps in horror*

Well I never. Agent story is the best for me.

If we're talking about unfun story that reward goes to Trooper. God that was a snoozefest. Least Shadow is fun enough to play to make Consular story not a complete chore.

My first character was a Shadow. It took me three years to push myself to get the poor thing through her class story.

I have to say the unfun story for me is the bounty hunter. (especially taris). Don't get me started on the walking into an obvious trap on quesh.

It is strange but if you play with any of the possible romances, and you flirt with someone else they get testy. Even if you didn't flirt with them. I played the male smuggler and I did not flirt with risha and akaavi and I still got the "pick one of us" scene.

My first character was a Shadow. It took me three years to push myself to get the poor thing through her class story.

Yeah that was me with Trooper :( I'd get stuck on Tat and just couldn't continue because I was so bored.

I guess smug companions reacting negatively to romances really stands out because the smug has the most options to flirt outside of the romances. Agents LIs for the most part don't care because most of agents flirts are job related =/

See I love Inquistor because LS is hilarious. SI darkside was a bore though yeah (also made me wonder why so many people were lining up to help you out when you were a douche).

Edited by Raynezazki

• 2 weeks later...