Mando Raiders and how tunnel vision affects your healer

I have been leveling my Sorc healer today and there's one thing that bugs me about this FP and it's people who can't/won't pay attention to what's going on around them.

For example: The boss with the dogs being "tanked" by moi, while the Tank and the Dps merrily whack away at the dogs... OR Getting the pleasure of having to keep myself alive while the trooper and the smuggler try to make me into Swiss cheese, while the tank and Dps whack away the Sage(?) and the Sent(who from time to time jumps to me for no reason that I can see.)

I can understand this happening once or twice, we're all human so mistakes are bound to happen, but this happened to me 90% of the time today in over 20 runs :eek: (not the first part ,that happened 3 or 4 times, the second part)

Anyone else been having these problems or am I just lucky?

Edited by toha

Partly tunnel vision and partly you not knowing a mechanic here and there (not trying to be rude).

The first boss (with the 2 dogs).

The boss has a red AoE which buffs the dogs. Tank should take this dude and keep him away from the dogs.

The dogs switch target every now and then (don't know exactly how this works, but not important). They can't be taunted. The person who is under attack by either or both dogs should NOT run (not saying you did).

Kill dogs first, then the boss.

Second boss (boarding party).

The jedi/sith with 2 sabers has the same annoying random target thing as those dogs earlier. Nothing anyone can do about it. Usually this jedi/sith is killed first.

Tank should focus on the other 3. Keep them close to eachother so he can AoE all 3. That way he protects the healer.

Usually the kill order is Dual lightsabers -> single lightsaber -> last 2 killed at the same time.

So yea, the dogs and the dual wielder have random aggro. Nothing that can be done about it.

And yea it is very annoying if a tunnel vision tank forgets the ranged guys from the boarding party... This happens a lot :(

Edited by Whojoo

Dogs have no aggro table as far as I know(mostly this is what people on the forums say) so no big deal there, i see the dogs I bubble up and wait for the Dps to do what they do best ;)

I was actually 1v1 with the boss in one corner while the Dps and the Tank were with the dogs... If that's not tunnel vision, then I may need to crack open a dictionary:p

As far as the random jump from the Sent, this is news to me :o as I mostly try to keep people alive so never had the chance to watch too closely, so thx for that I'll keep that in mind

I find that boarding party to be one of the worst fights if the group doesn't know how to do it, but fairly easy if they do. I can't count how many times my sniper has had to pull the trooper & smuggler off the healer, and ended up tanking them until the tank and other DPS finally killed both jedi. When you get a group, and especially a tank who knows the fight, there is never an issue. One thing people tend to forget, is that even ranged DPS and healers should stay right with the tank (assuming the tank knows what he is doing), that way the bouncy jedi doesn't keep going outside of the tank's AOE range.

When I tank the boarding party I do the following.

I 100% ignore the jumping jedi. It has a random threat table and it's just up to the dps to take it down as fast as possible. I myself focus on both the ranged and the other jedi.

If the dps are trying to keep the jumping jedi near me, then fine my AoE will hit it. But my single stuff will hit the other jedi so I will create a ton of threat as quickly as possible.

There is still a fair bit of time inbetween the sentinel/maruader's jumps. Enough that I think it is worth it to try to pull it back. Especially if it is attacking an especially squishy DPS/healer. Once you have the other 3 together, it's easy to keep aggro on them. Which leaves you easily able to throw taunts at the jumper when ever it jumps away.

Besides, it's the tank job to aggro things, so if you can and don't, simply because you don't feel like it, you aren't really doing your job. Personally, I tend to avoid tanks who can't be bothered to aggro, regardless of whether or not it's necessary, as that makes me feel that I can't trust that tank to actually do his job if things get tough. If you are a tank, and you avoid aggroing things because you just don't want to, I WILL ignore you.

Edited by Dontelar

I usually throw a defensive cooldown at the beginning of the fight to help the healer out a bit. That way the healer can heal the squishy dps.

Besides the sentinel/marauder doesn't hit hard. My defensive cooldown gives the healer plenty of space to heal everyone.

For the most part I would prefer if a tank would use his CD if he/she is at/under 50% health or if the fight is taking a while and I'm healing the DPS through avoidable damage the whole fight.

But if you can use the CD at the beginning and still be able to use it when you need it during the fight then my best wishes to you :D