So, I leveled up cybertech.

MickyJuulke

Cause I thought it would be very handy to be able to make blue armoring and mods for this character and my other characters cause you never get enough commendations to fill all your and your companions' armor...

Now this worked out reasonable well for the cybertech character eventhough it was a bit costly (still a pretty new player).

Then I tried to do it for an alt... Well, everyone here who does crafting themselves will probably know how that worked out. Waaaay too much of a timesink to even do one lvl of gathering, crafing, reverse engineering, etc. And having to redo that every few lvls for an alt... And having to do it on a different character instead of the one you want to be playing, logging back and forth (maybe it's my comp but it takes a while to switch). It's just not worth it.

Now we have this legacy thingie and it got me thinking how wonderful it would be if I could access the crewmembers from other characters in my legacy and send them on missions and do the crafing.

Sorry, but it's a horrible idea if you look at it from an economics perspective. Some people have a ton of alts, so you're giving them access to 20+ companions to gather or craft items, which would create a huge influx of materials or crafted items on the GTN, making the profit margin almost non-existent.

Now cybertech does take time to RE for the blue or purple version of the armoring or mod you want, but who says you have to start doing that as you lvl the alt and not beforehand. When I wanted to lvl up an alt, I made sure to RE all of the mods and armorings I wanted, then sent out my 5 companions to craft the gear. I constantly had the armorings/mods made before the char hit each respective level.

Now if your idea of using cybertech to lvl an alt is to make armorings and mods every 2 levels for both your character and companion, then that is a bit excessive.

Yeah, don't overdo it with replacing armorings, etc., every two levels. As has been said, every four will be just fine--you could even spread it out a little more, if you wanted, especially in lower levels when you'll breeze through things so fast.

Yeah, don't overdo it with replacing armorings, etc., every two levels. As has been said, every four will be just fine--you could even spread it out a little more, if you wanted, especially in lower levels when you'll breeze through things so fast.

After going a bit nuts on my cybertech alt I'm now dialing back with my current one and going every 4-6 levels. That said I'm also using any crits (armorings/mods x2) to RE them in hopes of getting proto/artifact versions so they last even longer. Getting the mats for some tiers can be time consuming though so I understand where the OP is coming from. With that in mind, it would be nice if earlier tiers of gathering missions could grant larger rewards so that it's not so much of a grind.

I have a main that is level 400 cybertech (with all blues at every level for armoring... and most mods). It took a LONG time to get there...sort of. Basically, once I got different alts with each of the crafting skills to 400 (armormech, artiface, synthweaving, arms tech, biochem and cybertech), I began leveling new alts as scavenging, biochem and archeology. I never have an issue with mats for any of the crafting skills. To make things a little easier I formed a guild, moved my common crafting alts (bioanalysis, cybertech and artiface) into that guild, bought a guild bank a stored common mats in the guild bank.

Also, I always make 6 greens. It is rare that I don't get a blue from 6 greens on anything. I usually craft 15 blues to get a purple. I have only recently started trying to get purples wholesale, sub 50 it is really out of boredom rather than necessity.

yea, i do every four levels since you can only learn mod schematics for every fourth level whereas armorings are learned every two. you could stretch out the armorings to every sixth level and then just update the mods every four, but to me its just easier to have a whole set crafted and ready to wear at the same time

Sorry, but it's a horrible idea if you look at it from an economics perspective. Some people have a ton of alts, so you're giving them access to 20+ companions to gather or craft items, which would create a huge influx of materials or crafted items on the GTN, making the profit margin almost non-existent.

Well atleast then the crafters might sell them more realistically priced. :-) lol

I personally think there should be a vendor for green mods and gear for every level, then they could change the crew skills so that the blue quality is the lowest quality, as the crafters say 'green quality gear/mods is rubbish and not worth selling.'

When I say a vendor for green quality gear, I mean, all slot stuff, armorings, mods, enhancements, color crystals, barrels and hilts for ingame credits, now that I would buy, always going to be there for the same price, no need to experience the nightmare that is the crafted items on the GTN.

After going a bit nuts on my cybertech alt I'm now dialing back with my current one and going every 4-6 levels. That said I'm also using any crits (armorings/mods x2) to RE them in hopes of getting proto/artifact versions so they last even longer. Getting the mats for some tiers can be time consuming though so I understand where the OP is coming from. With that in mind, it would be nice if earlier tiers of gathering missions could grant larger rewards so that it's not so much of a grind.

This is pretty much what I do, as well. The only time I ever worked on every level I could was when I first started out, just to build up some skill.

i always prepare myself for a new alt REing and gathering all i need for him on my cybertech toon..not too bad..just buying what i won't gather and do a few armorings and some mod for some level forward..and i researched everything i could for the last levels so every new guy has already his 47-49 set at the beginning