When is Underworld Trading going to be fixed?

Sorenia

I realize this is not strictly a "bug" but it's been a big problem since release. I'm speaking of course of the rarity of metal missions in Underworld Trading. It often takes multiple zone in/outs to get them to spawn in the mission list. Often I'll log in and there will not be a single metal mission above moderate in several tiers.

I know there was talk of changing how the mission selection works but for the time being it would be nice to see some sort of bandaid on this.

I have come to realize that a balanced approach to mission selection will get you more of the missions you want. The reason for this is there seems to be a previously selected mission factor to the randomization - if you select one particular mission over and over the chances of it appearing again diminish over time.

I proved it, for myself, when at one point all I wanted were gifts so I could increase affection on an alt's companions. I ran gift mission after gift mission, ignoring metals and fabrics, and eventually, there was a point when I got no gift missions at all in grade 6: I got two fabrics and three metals. Of course I took advantage of it :)

From that point on, when I log in to my UT character I check the grade 6 missions, if either or both abundant (fabrics and metals) missions are available I run them, if not then I run gift missions. The overwhelming majority of the time, when the gift mission(s) is done one or both of the abundant missions pops and I run it/them.

All that being said, most of the time, I am simply stockpiling materials; I do not really care what I get when. which leads into the next factor...A watched pot never boils. If all you are looking for is metals missions, when they do not show up, you tend to notice it more.

Underworld trading will be fixed by and hopefully when Synthweaving is fixed. Remove the scavenged metal requirements on certain schematics, and change all the underworld metal requirements to luxury fabrics. Increase the demand for fabrics, decrease the demand for metals, and you'll see the market balance out a lot.

Underworld trading will be fixed by and hopefully when Synthweaving is fixed. Remove the scavenged metal requirements on certain schematics, and change all the underworld metal requirements to luxury fabrics. Increase the demand for fabrics, decrease the demand for metals, and you'll see the market balance out a lot.

yep. when you have one crew skill needing fabrics and 3 needing metals there tends to be an overwhelming increase in demand of metals :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

It is insane mix of metal and cloth.

When only 1/3 of one skill use cloth (light armor for synthweaving) it should never ever be possible to get more then 2 cloth in mission on most of the time only 1. with the very high demand for metal it should be at least 2 metal and sometimes 3 metal every time one open for missions.

Someone that set up current mix of metal/cloth must either have been smoking something very restricted or he is a dedicated sadist.

This has been around since day one, add to that crafters eat into the cartel market sales and I wouldn't expect to EVER see a fix.

As to the advanced skill missions the devs said there are no gift missions so the odds of getting a useful mission should be much higher

This has been around since day one, add to that crafters eat into the cartel market sales and I wouldn't expect to EVER see a fix.

As to the advanced skill missions the devs said there are no gift missions so the odds of getting a useful mission should be much higher

You can bet there are no new Gift missions is because they did not want to be bothered to create green, blue and purple gifts of "Grade 6" or "Grade 9" or whatever they would have labeled it. Changes in Crew Skills always follow the path of least resistance for BioWare.