2- UWT

2- Scav

2- Arch

2- BioA

2- BioC

1- Syth

1- Armor

1- CyberT

Thinking of dropping Cyber-tech and just selling augs/kits from Armor/Syth and then all the mats I gather from the missions. I think this would be the best way to get creds. My questions is what can i substitute Cyber-tech for that would actually be profitable. I like having two of whatever gathering skill so I can get to stacks of 99 faster than if I only had one. Just having trouble deciding if it's best to keep cyber-tech with the new xpac or if I could just grab like Treasure Hunting or something.

Edit: I have 2 Bio Chem, because those are the two characters I PvP with.

Edited by Kosef

So currently I have this set up.

2- UWT

2- Scav

2- Arch

2- BioA

2- BioC

1- Syth

1- Armor

1- CyberT

Thinking of dropping Cyber-tech and just selling augs/kits from Armor/Syth and then all the mats I gather from the missions. I think this would be the best way to get creds. My questions is what can i substitute Cyber-tech for that would actually be profitable. I like having two of whatever gathering skill so I can get to stacks of 99 faster than if I only had one. Just having trouble deciding if it's best to keep cyber-tech with the new xpac or if I could just grab like Treasure Hunting or something.

Edit: I have 2 Bio Chem, because those are the two characters I PvP with.

I think your idea would be a mistake. The next few months are going to see a significant amount of activity as people bring their characters from 50 to 55. Quality gear is going to be scarce. It will take time for crafting skills to catch up - you will have to take them to 450 and re until you bleed out of the ears to get decent blue and purple recipies. So I would think that there is great oppertunity to make a killing in crafting if you can get in early. Yes mats will be scarce as well and that is a good play, but I would not ignore the gear potential of profit. Like now, a good mix in mat and gear selling will be the way to go and maximze income and profits.

I think that a crafter will be able to make a killing on kits after 2.0 at max level, but other than some max level items do not see a lot of potential in augments. To me they are optional and not needed until you do hit cap and have never sold that well at other levels.

I have not put together a plan for 2.0 and am rather going with the general direction of having my gatherers out all of the time and my crafters spinning like tops. I will watch the gtn and see what sells for what and tool my efforts in the indicated directions. I will of course first be crafting for my and wife's own guys, but whatever I come up with there should be consistant with what is needed by the general population.

Edited by asbalana

from my observations 66 mods will sell very well to gear up for 55 hms. the 69 mods have a speed bump in getting the blue/purple mats for though. 72 can not be crafted.

53 augments could sell well also as a intern means before getting the 55 ones. augment kits for both 53 and 55 will be expensive mat wise to make as the belt/bracer mat costs have increased to be in line with other pieces. also the 53 augments will be easier to obtain as the schematics could be bought but that might be changed to slicing only as the 55 ones are. the 55 purple augments are just sick stat-wise. dont be surprised at how expensive kits will now be too.

with the weekly com limits for 69 gear, the crafted 66 purple looks to be highly sought after as it can be used as filler pieces and for companions very quickly and easily.

based on this, the crew skills that can make mods, augments and kits have great potential. harvested materials for these could now sell well if priced reasonably for the impatient crafters. for myself it doesnt matter as i have all crafters at max with the other toons at harvesting only. my only limitation will be time.

I think your idea would be a mistake. The next few months are going to see a significant amount of activity as people bring their characters from 50 to 55. Quality gear is going to be scarce. It will take time for crafting skills to catch up - you will have to take them to 450 and re until you bleed out of the ears to get decent blue and purple recipies. So I would think that there is great oppertunity to make a killing in crafting if you can get in early. Yes mats will be scarce as well and that is a good play, but I would not ignore the gear potential of profit. Like now, a good mix in mat and gear selling will be the way to go and maximze income and profits.

I think that a crafter will be able to make a killing on kits after 2.0 at max level, but other than some max level items do not see a lot of potential in augments. To me they are optional and not needed until you do hit cap and have never sold that well at other levels.

I have not put together a plan for 2.0 and am rather going with the general direction of having my gatherers out all of the time and my crafters spinning like tops. I will watch the gtn and see what sells for what and tool my efforts in the indicated directions. I will of course first be crafting for my and wife's own guys, but whatever I come up with there should be consistant with what is needed by the general population.

I am sure the greedy crafters will take advantage of that situation instead of just helping out.

From my limited experience from PTS, it appears we will level to 55 much more rapidly than our gear will keep up. The Hard Mode Flashpoints for 55 took full purple 69 gear and augs, with the rewards being blue 62 and 66 gear from the underbosses and one purple 69 from the final boss. The grinding guilds may get there, but the vast majority of players will be starving for the gear necessary to run the HM FP and new ops. There is new level 52 stims and meds, 53 weapons, 53 augs, and several sets of armor that can be learned from your skill vendors (be sure to talk to the underskill vendors to unlock the missions to get to 450 and be able to send companions out for the new and "improved" materials).

While the difference from level 61 gear or mods and 63 was small enough to ignore for the vast majority of casual players (2 or 3 points per skill per item) the new gear has 12 to 14 points of difference per level. My tansferred commando went from 1100 dps and 24k health at 50 with a mix of level 61 and 63 gear to 1900 dps and 32k health at 55 with purple 69 gear and same augs he started with. These kinds of stat jumps will be impossible for pvp or pve folks to ignore. Crafters will be the helping hand to the better gear only available through the Hard Modes. Folks can whine about the lack of an easy button for instant crafting wealth or Demigod pvp status, but for the patient casual player with some crafting alts, there is a lot to be worked on here.

As a final note, I am pleased to see the top gear not being reverse engineerable. It would be a license to print money for the top grind, I mean raid, guilds at truely turn this into an MMOJ rather than MMOG.

The number one Day 0 moneymakers in 2.0 are going to be Cybertech, Armstech, and Artifice, since all the ungeared folks will be snapping up the new rank 25 and 28 mods, enhancements, hilts, and barrels. There are tons of people around with full orange sets at 50, many of whom just arrived recently thanks to the double XP weekends. If they're not already geared, then they're going to want full sets of cheap new mods to use for blitzing through Makeb.

If they are already geared, then they're not buying anything from you anyway.

Long term, look at leveling gear as the only sustainable money maker. The Arkanian stuff might sell ok for people who want to skip part of the grind, but BiS crafting is a thing of the past, except for augments, so none of the skills will really be cash cows like they were. And all the level 55 purple stuff will all require raid mats to make, so it's likely the cost will exceed any reasonably value to those who are just doing the gear grind.

maybe so, but what I am saying is very true....now-a-days anyway, I tend to just stick to slicing, need to somehow make credits to afford the insane prices crafters tend to charge.

Yet you provide zero evidence for your statement. You have even called someone in a troll for disagreeing with you and when they asked for some type of evidence, you vanish from the thread. In the end you're really the troll because all you do is say the same thing over without any proof.

My priorities on leveling:

1) My Republic tank, cybertech-this is my main raiding toon, he needs money to get to a sufficient level to make 48 armorings and mods. This will unlock a whole lot of the content for me.

2) My imp sniper, armstech-this is my main toon on the imp side armstech really isn't a priority but he needs to be 55 and will hopefully be FP ready with the 28's. Can also learn level 9 augs

3) My marauder, artifice-I don't actively raid with this toon. But I need 28 enhancements.

4) My sage healer, synthweaving-need level 9 augs.

5) my merc healer, armormech- more level 9 augs.

The safe plays are cybertech, artifice and augs. These will gear alts and mains. It will take a couple weeks to figure out where the market is at to make money.

I am sure the greedy crafters will take advantage of that situation instead of just helping out.

lol this guy! If you want help join my guild, otherwise prepare to cough up the credits. The pre 2.0 recession is almost over, time for you cheap bastards to pay up.

I like your idea of economics. I'll be looking for your grade 9 mats for 200 credits per mat on the GTN. Then you can tell me what price I can set for my crafted items on the GTN. Sound like a plan? You plan on "just helping out" right?

I don't like the "pay up" comments on here either. Every crafter is going to make his/her own calculation on pricing based on expense, need for money, timing of additional purchases etc. So the "pay up" people will set up good opportunities for undercuts for people that have sufficiently low overhead.