Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ravage/Blade Dance

Genaya
11.30.2018 , 11:12 PM | #1
Last time I played (early KOTFE) this was a sexy channeled skill with a cool animation. It was the trademark warrior/guardian ability, the spinning around lopping fools with my lightsaber was just so fun. Now it's an instant ability with a dumb jumping around animation and, if I'm remembering right, much less damage than I recall it doing before.

What gives? Did the devs offer an explanation for this change in patch notes at some point?

Jevaruss
11.30.2018 , 11:39 PM | #2
They streamlined abilities at the start of 5.0 by removing pretty much all channeled abilities from melee classes, among various other changes. And yes it does less damage but now you have an extra GCD to do another ability to make up for the damage.
OG Commando life.

Star Forge, formerly Shadowlands.

theriomorphic
07.23.2019 , 06:41 AM | #3
The one thing I'd remembered about swtor after 4 or 5 years of not playing was ravage. Was sad to come back and see it in its current form. It hits like a wet noodle, just not fun or interesting anymore really. They could find a way to keep it from being a rooted channel but still maintaining its former glory I'm sure.

LeyDrewid
07.26.2019 , 01:29 PM | #4
Since Sin tanks still have a channel, they definitely could. It also costs tanks 3s of the buff associated with it.

KendraP
07.28.2019 , 11:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LeyDrewid View Post
Since Sin tanks still have a channel, they definitely could. It also costs tanks 3s of the buff associated with it.
Sin tanks channel is both more central to their discipline and more difficult to make an instant than master strike was. I personally like it better the way it is, without a cast. Master strike for guardians is a focus free filler, unlike a sin's deprecating volts

LeyDrewid
07.29.2019 , 12:21 PM | #6
Except that it shorted the length of an active mitigation buff, defensive slashes. Each hit increases the buff and refreshes the duration. As a channel it extended the duration from 6s to closer to 9s. Very similar to Deprecating Volts and Dark Protection. Ravage is not some mindless filler.

KendraP
07.29.2019 , 04:58 PM | #7
I didnt say mindless, I said focus free, and you still get all 3 stacks of defensive swings, without having to channel.

Skummy
09.09.2019 , 06:42 AM | #8
Another reason why juggs get focused in pvp no hard hitting move anymore. YOu used to be able ravage impale then ravage again and the person attacking yu wud have to disenage to get healed or something not anymore u just get ganked cycle yur cd's and hit like a wet noodle oh wait dont worry u have vengful slam to dot spread and break everyones cc's!
StarForge/Satele Shan

ZIMMOZMAN
09.24.2019 , 04:35 PM | #9
Like the exact same forum post above. I said most people who used ravage never used the last hit due to gcd being up and other moves doing more damage then the last hit.
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

ZIMMOZMAN
09.24.2019 , 04:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Skummy View Post
Another reason why juggs get focused in pvp no hard hitting move anymore. YOu used to be able ravage impale then ravage again and the person attacking yu wud have to disenage to get healed or something not anymore u just get ganked cycle yur cd's and hit like a wet noodle oh wait dont worry u have vengful slam to dot spread and break everyones cc's!
When did veng have a proc that reset the ravage cd?
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE