*** Official PvE DPS Leaderboard ***

KeyboardNinja

It's time to trot out that One Great Parse™ you had that one time that was really impressive! Welcome to the official DPS leaderboards for The Ebon Hawk. Note that this post is for PvE DPS at level 55, and is not relevant to PvP records. Go ahead and parse on the 1.5 million HP dummy and post the results below. When you do, please also link to a torhead skill tree and give an informal description of the gear you were using when you made the parse (e.g. "half Underworld with all 28 augments"). These pieces of information are very helpful for those of us who want to learn from your achievement and improve our own numbers!

All combat logs must be uploaded to torparse and the exact combat dummy fight linked to be eligible for ranking. Other log parsers are not permitted, as many of them have bugs and/or statistically-suspicious algorithms (e.g. the MoX parser is infamous for inflating parses by burst DPS specs). All parses must strictly conform to the rules below to be eligible.

Rules

These boards are open to all players on The Ebon Hawk! I do not show favoritism on the basis of faction, guild, raid group, or other silly things. I do however take very seriously any accusation that I have showed favoritism, and I will address the complaint appropriately. Feel free to PM me with any concerns.

• Must be performed using the 1.5 million HP modifier (1 million HP parses are not acceptable)
  • Should not be cropped! Cropping using the Time Range tool is fine (but will be ignored). Cropping by hand is strictly forbidden.
  • Must be the last fight in the log (note: due to respawn bugs, you can sometimes get a 5-10 second fight that follows your record parse. you will not be penalized for this glitch)
  • Time-to-kill will be the primary metric ranked, but it will be listed in terms of "DPS" (i.e. 1500000 / TTK)
  • Must be performed against the Operations Training Dummy champion. Either the fleet or the ship dummy are acceptable
  • Must be performed without any external raid buffs (e.g. Force in Balance/Death Field or Inspiration/Bloodthirst other than your own)
  • Must be a character that is on The Ebon Hawk. If you transfer off of The Ebon Hawk with that character, your parse will be removed without shame.
  • Each player is only permitted a single parse per advanced class (mirrors count as the same AC) in the top three listing. Honorable Mentions are not subject to this limitation
  • You may (and are expected to) use the armor debuff dummy modification
  • You may use a stim of any variety
  • You may use as many Inspirations/Bloodthirsts, adrenals and relics as you need to kill the dummy
  • Pre-parse proc'ing is not permitted (e.g. focus/rage building for knights/warriors). Note that this is very easy to detect in a log!
  • Out-of-combat buffing is permitted (e.g. Combat/Carnage spec Centering/Fury building; Tactics/Advanced Prototype procing of Pulse Canon/Flame Thrower via Explosive Surge/Flame Sweep)
  • Respecing for out of combat buffing is also permitted (e.g. an Operative specing Concealment for Acid Blade, applying the buff and then respecing Lethality for the parse)
  • Absolutely no use of the Nightmare Pilgrim buff (this is an external raid buff!)
  • Full class buffs are permitted
  • No elitism!

I will not be hand-verifying every log, since that would be far too time-consuming, but I do invite the community to scrutinize logs that are ranked (particularly any log which provides surprisingly good results). Seriously guys, don't cheat. All of the rules above are verifiable in the raw log, either directly or indirectly.

Challenging

If you believe a parse is fraudulent, you may challenge it in this thread. Please be very careful and absolutely certain of yourself when you do so. Any challenge should contain an excerpt from the log in question which proves that the log has been falsified and/or was recorded in violation of the rules above. If the challenge is widely accepted to be valid, the ranking will be removed and the cheater subjected to public shame.

If your log is challenged and you are quite certain that it was in fact valid and fair, you may counter the challenge by inviting someone trustworthy who will vouch for you to a group and parsing on the combat dummy for 120 seconds (two minutes) using nothing but your basic attack (Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning for Sages/Sorcerers). This method for validating a combat log is extremely reliable, and trumps almost any argument in opposition.

Rankings

Last Updated: August 7, 2014 (patch 2.8.2)

Rankings are broken down by advanced class and listed alphabetically by the Republic mirror. Each advanced class will list the top three overall parses. Each parse will be linked to its torparse upload and associated with the corresponding DPS value and player name. Each parse is also associated with the spec which the player was using while parsing, and a link to the reply which posted the parse.

Each advanced class also has an "Honorable Mentions" section, which may be empty. This section ensures that every viable PvE spec is represented on the charts, even when that spec is parsing too low to be ranked in the top three. Parses that are remarkable in some way may also be listed in this section at the discretion of the community.

Parses that are additionally listed in the top 8 overall parse list are annotated by <<

Overall Leaderboard

This section lists the top 8 DPS from across all specs. This list represents a fair comparison of what the damage dealers in question could do on a purely static boss fight (e.g. non-tank-swapped Thrasher when you don't get firebugged). This list is naturally biased toward specs which have extremely high single-target sustained DPS. It does not account for factors such as burst, downtime, movement, target swapping or AoE.

1. 4311.99 - Full'mechanics (vanguard - assault: 4/6/36) #1695
  2. 4143.68 - N'guyen (shadow - balance: 8/2/36) #1686
  3. 4138.67 - Sythise (sentinel - watchman: 36/8/2) #1628
  4. 4135.39 - El'ectro'cute (sorcerer - madness: 2/8/36) #1686
  5. 4118.73 - Arctan (marauder - annihilation: 36/8/2) #1686
  6. 4040.25 - Rosalyn (sage - balance: 2/8/36) #1600
  7. 3991.90 - Montius (marauder - annihilation: 36/8/2) #1516
  8. 3944.98 - Blamespace (mercenary - pyro: 2/8/36) #1634

Commando/Mercenary (91.49%)

1. 3944.98 - Blamespace (pyro: 2/8/36) #1634 <<
  2. 3935.36 - Daharel (assault: 2/8/36) #1604
  3. 3857.79 - Jargi (pyro: 2/8/36) #1529

Honorable Mentions

Pre-2.8 Mercenary Archive

Patch 2.8 fixed a long-standing bug which granted Pyro Mercenaries roughly 3% more top-end DPS potential than their Commando counterparts. Thus, all parses done prior to that mark have been archived here.

1. 3883.55 - Bonkurz (pyro: 2/8/36) #1433
  2. 3696.62 - Pitch-black (pyro: 0/10/36) #1047

Guardian/Juggernaut (89.46%)

1. 3857.27 - Vezev (vengeance: 4/36/6) #1688
  2. 3796.12 - Antonica (vigilance: 4/36/6) #1281
  3. 3771.62 - Rydarus (vigilance: 4/36/6) #1535

Honorable Mentions

Gunslinger/Sniper (90.32%)

1. 3894.78 - Nerdburger (dirty fighting: 6/4/36) #1621
  2. 3839.34 - Tosh'oldi'mel (dirty fighting: 5/5/36) #1633

Honorable Mentions

empty

Saboteur/Engineering

Listed separately as the spec requires very specific fight mechanics to achieve maximum theoretical DPS. Saboteur/Engineering parses which do not use the roll (Scatter Bombs) are eligible for ranking in the main list.

empty

Sage/Sorcerer (95.90%)

1. 4135.39 - El'ectro'cute (madness: 2/8/36) #1686 <<
  2. 4040.25 - Rosalyn (balance: 2/8/36) #1600 <<
  3. 3895.90 - Deimon (madness: 2/8/36) #1590

Honorable Mentions

Scoundrel/Operative (91.40%)

1. 3941.25 - Slaffen (scrapper: 3/36/7) #1367
  2. 3871.59 - Kelaeon (concealment: 3/36/7) #1284
  3. 3812.18 - Sorshyra (scrapper: 3/36/7) #1402

Honorable Mentions

Sentinel/Marauder (95.98%)

1. 4138.67 - Sythise (watchman: 36/8/2) #1628 <<
  2. 4118.73 - Arctan (annihilation: 36/8/2) #1686 <<
  3. 3991.90 - Montius (annihilation: 36/8/2) #1516 <<

Honorable Mentions

Shadow/Assassin (96.10%)

1. 4143.68 - N'guyen (balance: 8/2/36) #1686 <<
  2. 4087.85 - Aerre (balance: 8/2/36) #1685 <<

Honorable Mentions

empty

Vanguard/Powertech (100%)

1. 4311.99 - Full'mechanics (assault: 4/6/36) #1695 <<

Honorable Mentions

Drama

Start something, you'll be reported. See that "Report Post" button at the top of each reply? That's how we (as lowly forum-goers) communicate with the moderators. I will use that button on any post which calls out players or guilds, involves insults (implied or otherwise), contains offensive language or taunting, or basically anything that represents personal or guild (or other) drama. This thread is for celebrating and analyzing achievements in the realm of PvE solo parsing. Let's keep it that way. Leave the drama at the door or don't bother coming in.

In the interests of full disclosure, I currently have the following people on my forum ignore list. I will accept parses without any prejudice from these players! However, I cannot see posts made by these forum users. Thus, if you are one of these players and you wish to post a parse, you will need to have someone else post it on your behalf.

• Cookiackus
  • Lawlzeys
  • VarekRayth

Update Details

I use the following Scala script to compute DPS values:

val Time = """(\d{2})\d{2})\d{2})\.(\d{3})"""r

def dps(start: String, end: String): Double = {
 def readTime(str: String): Double = {
   val Time(hour, minute, second, ms) = str
   ((hour.toDouble * 60 + minute.toDouble) * 60 + second.toDouble) + (ms.toDouble / 1000)
 }
 1500000 / (readTime(end) - readTime(start))
}

The start value is the time at which you enter combat with the dummy, taken from the "Log" view of the specific fight. The end value is the time at which you kill the dummy, taken from the "Log" view for the entire combat log (since torparse generally does not include it in the individual fight log). Note that I'm using native IEEE 64 bit floating point values here, which means that the math will be slightly off in a few cases. In the event that someone challenges the DPS value of a parse on the basis of a more accurate value, the more accurate value takes precedence over IEEE floating point math! All this is to say that my math is very slightly inaccurate (a few hundredths at most), I know it's inaccurate, and if you want me to fix it on a case-by-case basis, I will.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2106.91 - Aerre (Infiltration: 5/36/5) #4

Infiltration Shadow

Mods average to ~64, gear rating ~153. 11 purple 22 Willpower augments, 3 blue 28 Willpower augments.

24.75% melee crit (348)

67.50% surge (285)

98.28% acc (300)

1270-1531 melee damage

1136 force bonus damage

Edited by Damastes

http://www.torparse.com/a/185558

This is with still mostly 63 gear. I have 4 61 enhancements in to get my accuracy where I needed it to be, I have all 63 armorings except for one 69. I have an Underworld power on use Relic and an Arkanian on proc power relic. I have a blue 66 implant along with a black market 69 implant and a black market 69 earpiece. I have 1 69 barrel and 1 66 barrel. I am fully level 22 augmented except for 2 level 28 augments.

I am running the DF/Sabo hybrid, I still need a lot of work on it but its fun and has produced some good numbers in boss fights so far. The aoe is exceptionally good. My spec is 5/18/23,

If anyone has any questions or could help me out in any way i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

used 2 adrenals but no bloodthirst didnt think that was fair.

Parsing in the mid 2400s without Bloodthirst is pretty impressive. Granted, Bloodthirst doesn't really add *that* much to a solo parse (particularly in Annihilation), but it's still a buff. The rules state that you are allowed to use it once as a marauder, and I stand by that rule. The sentinel/marauder AC is balanced w.r.t. the Inspiration/Bloodthirst buff, so it's fair for you to use it in the same way that it's fair for a sniper to use Shatter Shot.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Parsing in the mid 2400s without Bloodthirst is pretty impressive. Granted, Bloodthirst doesn't really add *that* much to a solo parse (particularly in Annihilation), but it's still a buff. The rules state that you are allowed to use it once as a marauder, and I stand by that rule. The sentinel/marauder AC is balanced w.r.t. the Inspiration/Bloodthirst buff, so it's fair for you to use it in the same way that it's fair for a sniper to use Shatter Shot.

I forgot about shatter shot! Sneaky snipers. I am still working out min maxing i've tried half a dozen different combos of enhancements and implants today. I'll keep working on it and post a better one with bloodthirst when I can grasp what stats I even want to have.

I forgot about shatter shot! Sneaky snipers. I am still working out min maxing i've tried half a dozen different combos of enhancements and implants today. I'll keep working on it and post a better one with bloodthirst when I can grasp what stats I even want to have.

Power.

Seriously, even in full 72s, stat budgets are still too low to merit stacking crit. The only exception is for classes where the energy mechanic is crit-dependent (lethality agents are a good example). Annihilation does generate Rage from crits, so there *may* be some merit to crit rating at some level, but it's really hard to say. You definitely want to augment power rather than strength.

Power.

Seriously, even in full 72s, stat budgets are still too low to merit stacking crit. The only exception is for classes where the energy mechanic is crit-dependent (lethality agents are a good example). Annihilation does generate Rage from crits, so there *may* be some merit to crit rating at some level, but it's really hard to say. You definitely want to augment power rather than strength.

Was the 2.0 crit nerf really that bad? ._. Makes me a sad panda. Operatives really need dat crit. :<

Was the 2.0 crit nerf really that bad? ._. Makes me a sad panda. Operatives really need dat crit. :<

Well, *everything* got nerfed except power. Power's value is relative to other stats though, so it sort of balances out. There will come a time very soon when healers and DPS start stacking crit again, but the problem now is we just don't have enough of a stat budget to have enough power *together* with enough crit to make a difference. Thus, the math swings entirely toward power.

What about a Gunslinger running the DF and Sab Hybrid build though. We still want to have our crit at around 30% regardless so that we are getting the energy regen from the crits right? I'm so confused on this new gearing. Can anyone help with this?

I've been aiming for about 30-32% crit on Haka. I suggest aim for a higher crit then you think you need then work your way back down. Basically your looking for the lowest possible number where the energy is still manageable for you. (At least, this is the way I've been working it. Hope it helps.)

What about a Gunslinger running the DF and Sab Hybrid build though. We still want to have our crit at around 30% regardless so that we are getting the energy regen from the crits right? I'm so confused on this new gearing. Can anyone help with this?

Mostly what Haka said. For specs that are dependent on crits for regen (dirty fighting and watchman), you basically just want the lowest possible crit where you can still smoothly manage energy. I think 30% might be a good sweet spot for dirty fighting / hybrid, perhaps a bit lower. It's going to take a bit of experimentation.

2204.55 - Aerre (Infiltration: 5/36/5) #15

Infiltration Shadow

Mods average to ~65.5. 2 purple, 6 blue 28 Willpower augments. 4 purple 22 Willpower augments. 66 hilt, 72 offhand armoring.

28.29% melee crit (572)

69.36% surge (338)

99.38% acc (385)

1264-1525 melee damage

1162.8 force bonus damage

Trying to only update when I hit a new hundred :) I'm not sure whether it is optimal to use Shadow Strike as often as possible (via Low Slash or Spinning Kick), or only on its normal proc. However, it is definitely more interesting/fun to use it often. You lose a good amount of CS DPS, but pretty much make it up (and sometimes exceed) with Shadow Strike and Low Slash--at least from what I've seen with my parses, on the PTS and now.

Edited by Damastes

Gear is 4 63, 2 69, and 1 72 armorings. 7 69, and 2 72 mods. 1 61, 2 63, 3 69, and 1 72 enhancements. Black market implants and ear piece. Underworld on use power relic and arkanian on proc power relic. 1 69 barrel (MH) and 1 72 barrel (OH).

Spec - DF/Sabo Hybrid

Parsed 2537.86

http://www.torparse.com/a/194486

Edited by Cookiackus

Nice thead, KBN. It's good to see some of th PvE folks getting a little competitive on the forums :) We should do a 'PvE Records' thread too with DPS/HPS on actual raid bosses as well. Anyways, my main PvE toon is a healer, but I'll post up a Scoundrel parse tonight just to get it started and support the thread :D Edited by ML_DoubleTap

I'm not sure whether it is optimal to use Shadow Strike as often as possible (via Low Slash or Spinning Kick), or only on its normal proc. However, it is definitely more interesting/fun to use it often. You lose a good amount of CS DPS, but pretty much make it up (and sometimes exceed) with Shadow Strike and Low Slash--at least from what I've seen with my parses, on the PTS and now.

Have a 3D plot: http://imgur.com/bVuIoEZ You're looking at the *bottom* of the surface. The z axis (up/down) is the percentage ratio indicating how much more damage LS + SS does over 2x CS. The x axis (left side) is main hand damage, while the y axis (right side) is bonus damage.

As you can see, the LS + SS combination does about 37.75% more damage than just using two Clairvoyant Strikes, which means that you should hit that combo as soon as LS is off cooldown (unless Find Weakness is already up, in which case you should do SS > LS > SS). In addition, LS > SS costs 43 Force, while CS > CS costs 46. So not only is the DPS better, but the DPE (damage per energy) is better as well.

The one thing that this calculation does *not* take into account is the fact that the CS > CS combo builds two stacks of Circling Shadows, while LS > SS only builds one. I'm not sure exactly how to quantify this, but it's certainly worthy of note. Even with this inaccuracy though, I'm still pretty confident that LS > SS on cooldown is the correct priority.

Done strictly for the lolz of this and to put something on the PT/VG section so :p

Shield Tech

Spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GMGrdoroMdRRZrkMZb.3

Parse http://www.torparse.com/a/194014/time/1366941842/1366942142/0/Overview

Mostly 66 gear

Overheated at the end though which was a pain.

If you want to submit a fair tank DPS parse, I would actually go and beat on Lucky for a while. Bring a pocket healer and two warriors for interrupts (but no armor debuffs). That fight is about the closest thing to an unending tank-and-spank as you can get. I know that personally, tanking in HM S&V, I'm able to sustain about 1160 DPS as long as I'm actually taking damage at boss-level swing times (see http://www.torparse.com/a/192369/29/0/Damage+Dealt and http://www.torparse.com/a/192369/9/0/Damage+Dealt). I can burst over short intervals in the 1200-1300 DPS range (see: http://www.torparse.com/a/192369/17/0/Damage+Dealt). If I'm not taking damage, I'm not sure what my DPS would be (haven't parsed on a dummy lately), but probably a LOT lower.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Have a 3D plot: http://imgur.com/bVuIoEZ You're looking at the *bottom* of the surface. The z axis (up/down) is the percentage ratio indicating how much more damage LS + SS does over 2x CS. The x axis (left side) is main hand damage, while the y axis (right side) is bonus damage.

As you can see, the LS + SS combination does about 37.75% more damage than just using two Clairvoyant Strikes, which means that you should hit that combo as soon as LS is off cooldown (unless Find Weakness is already up, in which case you should do SS > LS > SS). In addition, LS > SS costs 43 Force, while CS > CS costs 46. So not only is the DPS better, but the DPE (damage per energy) is better as well.

The one thing that this calculation does *not* take into account is the fact that the CS > CS combo builds two stacks of Circling Shadows, while LS > SS only builds one. I'm not sure exactly how to quantify this, but it's certainly worthy of note. Even with this inaccuracy though, I'm still pretty confident that LS > SS on cooldown is the correct priority.

I'm also pretty confident it's the correct priority, or close to it, mostly because I get consistently-high parses with it despite not having it down perfectly yet. I was hoping to have some numbers thrown at me, so thanks!

Unless I'm missing something, I think we can measure the impact of the fact that LS > SS only builds one Circling Shadows by seeing how often Project is used between the two methods. In which case, I can say that, for some variations of the LS > SS method, I get to within 1-2 Projects of the normal method. However, the stricter I adhere to the "use LS on cooldown" method, the fewer Projects I get. I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out it wasn't quite optimal to use it exactly on cooldown. Of course, I can't rule out human error on my part, and I'm not a math guy :)

There also seems to be a slight impact to how many times Shadow Technique procs (and yes, I make sure Clairvoyance x2 is up). Might that be because each strike of CS (of two strikes per activation) has a chance to proc it? If it's an actual difference between the two methods, rather than a random thing, it looks to be a roughly ~20 DPS loss on its own.

I'm always uneasy using LS/SK to get a proc because it has never seemed intended on creatures that can't actually be stunned (bosses). But I'll keep using it as long as I can ;)

I'll throw my own hat into the ring: 1982.87. This was in balance spec (8/2/36). My DPS gear is a melange of 61s, 63s, a couple 69s, and a 72 ear and armoring.

Note that the same combat log includes a Nightmare KP run, and I was in balance spec on Bonethrasher. I actually forgot to put on the right relics, and proceeded to make a fairly sizable number of mistakes in my rotation. However, the "real" boss fight gives you an idea of the difference between a dummy parse with no raid buffs or dispatch and a real boss situation for the shadow DPS classes. It's quite a difference. :-)

Let's finally put something up for the Commandos out there. 2361.3 This was in Gunnery 6/36/4. My DPS gear AskMrRobot, this is the gear and spec, but it wouldn't raise the base for stats so I do have higher aim than is listed there. :p

Notes:

I do not know how to properly crop parses in TORParse, so I chose not to, my DPS was slightly higher accordingly.

I do not have any of the newfangled adrenals, so I did not use any in the parse.

I am having a bit of trouble getting the new set bonus, so I am still running to two piece set bonus of the old set. I did get rid of the old four piece, but I do not have the new four piece so my HIBs would have been doing more damage if I had that.

Finally, you didn't mention anything regarding stims, so I did not run a stim during this parse. You may want to add a note concerning that.

Edit: Apparently I can't read. 6/36/4. Here is the TorHead link, and informally my armor is awesome (aka Verpine offhand).

Edited by Shakell