What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??

I would never have called the RNG on the tier 4 Command Crates “Generous” but every 30 to 50 crates or so (I keep a spreadsheet to mark my progress) I would get a 248 set piece (often a duplicate, but a set piece) or a 248 main hand or off hand. Then 5.2.2 came out. I hit my 300th Tier 4 Command Crate today since 5.2.2 went live and I have not gotten ONE SINGLE 248 set/main hand/off hand! I have gotten 5 248 drops, 2 earpieces, 3 relics... in both cases the same earpiece twice and the same relic 3 times, both of which I already have pre-5.2.2! I put it to you that your pseudo-random number generator (since a computer is a logic engine and CAN NOT generate a TRULY random number... it can ONLY generate a non-repeating sequence of numbers that SEEMS random if you don't know the sequence) is BROKEN! Even at that drop rate of 1.666% (which is LUDICROUS btw, unless you are going to guarantee the piece will be useful and not a duplicate!) the odds of a TRUELY random number returning the same 2 out of about 19 possibilities 5 times in a row is staggering! You changed something in the RNG to drastically reduce the number of set piece/man hand/off hand drops, and changed it in such a way that there is a high probability that the majority of 248 pieces that do drop will be useless to the character that gets them. If you're looking to avoid ANOTHER mass exodus of paying subscribers it might be a good idea to change it back! Difficult to get is one thing... Damn Near Impossible is another thing entirely! Don't take my word for it, check my account. I have been a paid subscriber since day three of per-release... and I am very, very close to canceling my subscription. If you're in danger of losing someone like me, how many more subs do you think are on the verge of saying “Screw Bioware/EA!” and never coming back?? Edited by SonofThulkose

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad for you. Really! you really need 248 gear for the game to be fun for you?

Well my level 70 characters running around in 230 gear must really be the most un-fun characters out there still in game. :D

Maybe BW should just remove all gear above 230 from the game and give something different in command crates and from operation bosses.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Honestly, ever since bioware announced that the only way to basically obtain the top endgame gear was through Galactic Command, I said "No.", a few months later, my main Merc is now maxed out with G.C at rank 300.

Every crate I get is usually utter trash with regular 244 rating gear and sometimes a 246 rating gear.

I hardly ever get any 248 rating gear, but when I do it's always a duplicate which disappoints me.

I don't even have my weapons at full 248!

The RNG really does suck with the tier 4 crates I will admit.., but I'm not complaining, I do wish the RNG was better and dropped a little more higher chance at 248, but it's unlikely they'll ever do that.

Honestly, ever since bioware announced that the only way to basically obtain the top endgame gear was through Galactic Command, I said "No.", a few months later, my main Merc is now maxed out with G.C at rank 300.

Every crate I get is usually utter trash with regular 244 rating gear and sometimes a 246 rating gear.

I hardly ever get any 248 rating gear, but when I do it's always a duplicate which disappoints me.

I don't even have my weapons at full 248!

The RNG really does suck with the tier 4 crates I will admit.., but I'm not complaining, I do wish the RNG was better and dropped a little more higher chance at 248, but it's unlikely they'll ever do that.

The blue t4 244 gear is as good as purple t3. You get at least a blue out of every t4 crate. Not really seeing the issue.

How sad for you. Really! you really need 248 gear for the game to be fun for you?

Well my level 70 characters running around in 230 gear must really be the most un-fun characters out there still in game. :D

Maybe BW should just remove all gear above 230 from the game and give something different in command crates and from operation bosses.

I have been paying into this game since pre-release, paying my subscription while the vast majority of people who play this game are FTP or Preferred. I like progression raiding and I like PvP. Both of those things require you to have top end gear if you are going to compete with top end groups/guilds. If you don't care to apply yourself to get that gear in order to compete, that's your business... but I pay my money and I bust my *** to get the crates that are SUPPOSED to give me the gear I need only to get NOTHING for my efforts! That's not important you?? Good for YOU! You go ahead and keep playing your mediocre content, but do NOT assume that because you don't push yourself and aspire to compete with top end gamers that it gives you the right to **** on those of us who do! I pay my subscription just like you do, and I have just as much right to expect the game to be reasonable and fair in what matters to me as you do in what matters to you! Getting NOTHING for weeks worth of work is neither reasonable nor fair! If Bioware removed everything 230+ from the game, I wouldn't have a problem with that, so long as they adjusted the HM and NiM Raids to accommodate this new Stat Cap.

Edited by SonofThulkose

Just under 250 300 crates. 1 mainhand.

Tho' I'm already kitted out with UCs ( DPS CHAR) and halfway to kitting out a 2nd ( TANK) character- the drop rates do seem to be very low - Although the 246 blue BoP equipment is quite common, as are purple companion gifts.

IDK as long as it's random one shouldn't complain I suppose. Got everything but the new speeder rom the slot machines too - even managed to bust it twice so far.

<sarcasm>

I'm sure someone got 14 pieces in a row on getting to rank 300 - so RNG working as intended. </sarcasm>

I think I'm onto my 4th or 5th Grpohet tho' :rak_02:

Maybe a brief look and a conformation would be nice, but don't hold your breath, OP.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

The blue t4 244 gear is as good as purple t3. You get at least a blue out of every t4 crate. Not really seeing the issue.

The blue 244 gear is trash! The Armorings/Barrels/Hilts are the only thing out of them worth a damn! If you have any clue as to what you're doing putting raid/PVP gear sets together the stats on the mods are TOTALLY useless and the Enhancements have the EXACT SAME STATS as their 242 counterparts without even ONE POINT of difference. How do you justify having two Enhancements with the EXACT SAME STATS and you rate one 242 and the other 244?? They are EXACTLY THE SAME!

Edited by SonofThulkose

More proof that the t4 command crates are rigged.

I still don't get it how some see that there's nothing wrong with it,they probably got geared up before the last patch broke the drop rates.

I too am considering quitting if they don't fix it.It's just utter bollocks.

As a returning player I'm not thrilled to hear that. I'm somewhere in the rank 30 range on my first character but since I had a bunch of credits and bought 246 gear from GTN there's literally nothing to gain for many more ranks. Now I have to grind houndreds of tier 4 ranks to even get some slightly better gear too? Makes me want to bail ship again. Edited by MidichIorian

The blue 244 gear is trash! The Armorings/Barrels/Hilts are the only thing out of them worth a damn! If you have any clue as to what you're doing putting raid/PVP gear sets together the stats on the mods are TOTALLY useless and the Enhancements have the EXACT SAME STATS as their 242 counterparts without even ONE POINT of difference. How do you justify having two Enhancements with the EXACT SAME STATS and you rate one 242 and the other 244?? They are EXACTLY THE SAME!

You say T4 blues are trash, then admit that the armoring/hilt/barrels are better than anything in t3, then admit the enhancements are as good as the best ones in t3, then complain about the mods. Sounds like T4 blues are a bunch of upgrades to me, unless you're in full 246 or 248.

If you don't like the mod on a particular piece, pull the mod and put in one you do like. Pretty simple.

Blue T4 drops like candy, almost every time. When it doesn't drop, it's because a purple 246 or legendary 248 dropped. I'm still not seeing the problem here.

As for your last concern, do you really need someone to explain to you how a higher level blue can have the same or better stats as a lower level purple or gold?

If you can't do end game content in blue t4, then you can't do end game content. Expecting to get BIS just from command crates is setting yourself up to fail. Bioware may have made the t1 through t3 drops pretty horrid, but there isn't anything wrong with how they handled t4, except they seem to be a little bit relic/implant/earpiece heavy.

Also, the more you use exclamation points, the more meaningless they become. Just something to keep in mind.

Yep, I am convinced they stealth nerfed the crap out of the drop rates.

Lets put it this way, I bet you got a better chance at a Kingpin Jackpot on Nar Shadda than you do of scoring a 248 piece out of a tier 4 crate. Of that I am sure.

Edited by Decidion

I would never have called the RNG on the tier 4 Command Crates “Generous” but every 30 to 50 crates or so (I keep a spreadsheet to mark my progress) I would get a 248 set piece (often a duplicate, but a set piece) or a 248 main hand or off hand. Then 5.2.2 came out. I hit my 300th Tier 4 Command Crate today since 5.2.2 went live and I have not gotten ONE SINGLE 248 set/main hand/off hand! I have gotten 5 248 drops, 2 earpieces, 3 relics... in both cases the same earpiece twice and the same relic 3 times, both of which I already have pre-5.2.2! I put it to you that your pseudo-random number generator (since a computer is a logic engine and CAN NOT generate a TRULY random number... it can ONLY generate a non-repeating sequence of numbers that SEEMS random if you don't know the sequence) is BROKEN! Even at that drop rate of 1.666% (which is LUDICROUS btw, unless you are going to guarantee the piece will be useful and not a duplicate!) the odds of a TRUELY random number returning the same 2 out of about 19 possibilities 5 times in a row is staggering! You changed something in the RNG to drastically reduce the number of set piece/man hand/off hand drops, and changed it in such a way that there is a high probability that the majority of 248 pieces that do drop will be useless to the character that gets them. If you're looking to avoid ANOTHER mass exodus of paying subscribers it might be a good idea to change it back! Difficult to get is one thing... Damn Near Impossible is another thing entirely! Don't take my word for it, check my account. I have been a paid subscriber since day three of per-release... and I am very, very close to canceling my subscription. If you're in danger of losing someone like me, how many more subs do you think are on the verge of saying “Screw Bioware/EA!” and never coming back??

Here's an idea, earn gear.

BIS gear isn't dropping to little from T4 crates, it's dropping far too much.

What I mean by that is, it shouldn't be dropping at all. You're complaining about not getting enough BIS gear dropped into your lap from the sky?

You can earn command crates doing heroics that you can't fail at using nothing but basic attack. If that is the means by which command crates can be earned, than there should be absolutely no chance whatsoever of ever getting BIS gear.

People earn gear doing challenging content, such as HM/NiM Operations and grinding PVP like crazy, doing group content where failure and skill actually effect things.

If you are not willing to put forth the effort to actually earn gear, you don't deserve to have it. That you have a method at all that might still give you BIS gear without actually earning it from Command Crates, you should be thankful, not complaining.

The kind of players that would leave because BIS gear wasn't falling into their laps as much as they might like it too from command crates aren't a loss to those who actually earn their gear.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Here's an idea, earn gear.

BIS gear isn't dropping to little from T4 crates, it's dropping far too much.

What I mean by that is, it shouldn't be dropping at all. You're complaining about not getting enough BIS gear dropped into your lap from the sky?

You can earn command crates doing heroics that you can't fail at using nothing but basic attack. If that is the means by which command crates can be earned, than there should be absolutely no chance whatsoever of ever getting BIS gear.

People earn gear doing challenging content, such as HM/NiM Operations and grinding PVP like crazy, doing group content where failure and skill actually effect things.

If you are not willing to put forth the effort to actually earn gear, you don't deserve to have it. That you have a method at all that might still give you BIS gear without actually earning it from Command Crates, you should be thankful, not complaining.

The kind of players that would leave because BIS gear wasn't falling into their laps as much as they might like it too from command crates aren't a loss to those who actually earn their gear.

Lol you really must be trolling.Do you realise how long it takes to get 300 crates?Thats a significant amount of time,and some players are saying that they get 1 drop of 248 gear.Surely that's wrong,or are you the guy who thinks us mere filthy casuals should be denied the same gear as you,just because you think your better?

Lol you really must be trolling.Do you realise how long it takes to get 300 crates?Thats a significant amount of time,and some players are saying that they get 1 drop of 248 gear.Surely that's wrong,or are you the guy who thinks us mere filthy casuals should be denied the same gear as you,just because you think your better?

Yeah, I do know. I'm in full BIS gear and I got one peice of it from a crate. Everything else I earned the hard way.

I don't think I'm better, I think I do what I had to earn the gear and you can do it too, you just don't want to do it the right way. I want it to fall into your lap. I've done probably closer to a 800 crates at this point. I don't get my BIS gear from crates, I get it from Operations/PVP which is the only way you could get gear before 5.0.

But yes, I do think that people that don't do end game Operations/PVP don't deserve BIS gear. But the fact is this, if you're not doing end game Operations/PVP you should have no trouble doing any of the other content in the game what so ever even in 224 gear let alone the free gear you will get dropped in your lap from crates, all the way up to 242 gear. You can do NiM Operations and Ranked PVP in 242 gear just fine.

It's not a question of better or entitlement, it's a question of doing what you need to do to earn the gear. If you are not willing to do what it takes to earn the gear, than don't complain about it not falling free from the sky. You can earn command crates doing, story chapters, simple FPs, and heroics with a companion. If that's all the content you are doing that you even stand a chance of getting BIS gear from crates is more than you would have ever had in all the years in this game prior to 5.0. That's my point. It's better than it's ever been for doing content like that.

I don't think I'm better than anyone and even casuals aren't filthy. There is nothing wrong if that's your preferred type of play, but you don't need anywhere near BIS level gear for that. And, yes, I don't think people who only do casual play should be able to get the best gear in the entire game. Why on earth should people put in all the time and organization and forming of steady raid groups that set aside 3 or 4 hours twice a week to work on progression raiding if not for the greater rewards that come from the harder content and time investment? It's no different in 99% of MMOs. You are not going to play LOTRO or DDO, STO, WoW, NWN, EverQuest, and a slew of the other MMOs and get the best gear in the game without doing the hardest content in the game. That's not unfair. It's the way it should be. People who do that harder content and are rewarded for it with the better gear, they're not "better" than casual players, they're just willing to do what's necessary and make the time investiment for that level of play. Not better or worse, just different.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

In this case they should not have introduce T4 at all.... exept they want more and more players to become grophet farmers. :confused:

What they should do is bring things back to the way they were before the horror of 5.0. Players were telling them on the forums from the second they announced the game altering gearing changes that it wouldn't work out well, it goes against the way things have been more or less since the game started. But they went thru with the changes anyways, and and everyone's unhappy with it for the most part, both casuals and those who do end game group content.

BIS gearing has always been about doing end game group content, not about RNG boxes. They should just remove the command crate system entirely and go back to the way things were in prior versions of the game. Most players would be much happier with that.

Well, what else is there to do once you've done everything 50 times in the game? It's the lack of a good content stream and the way GC works that drives people to focus on BiS gear, since it's pretty much the only goal left to work towards...BWs solution was to make that goal difficult by making it RNG or a matter of yawning through warzones.

In earlier days it was sufficient to have my main geared up nicely and my alts in at least base raid gear. I remember my main being in Columi gear going for Rakata gear and just being happy with Tionese gear on my alts.

At some point though, they started just upping existing ops and so people started playing more alts and gearing them up and it became easy to do so. But that made gearing up alts viable as an activity. It was something to work towards and it kept people busy.

When GC hit, it destroyed that and people got ticked off and many stopped playing. It's better now after reverting a lot of the changes back, but personally I won't touch operations until they take GC out of the ops. I find this incomplete leveling system that goes to 300 on each alt a source of frustration and stressful. I am a driven person who likes to complete things he starts. So I need to dose that. I deleted half my toons already but it's still too much.

I do wish it had been a legacy thing just for the same of only having to go through it once. I had the same issue with the alliance thing in KotFE, only ended up going to 20 on one alt, but at least there it was optional. In GC you keep dinging over time whether you like it or not.

And when you think of having 18 characters that are going to be doing this, it's just not cool. As you can see, it's not the BiS gear that is necessary for me, but if I can't gear up my alts without a damn level counter on top of my max level counters, I don't want it at all.

At least we get a new Stronghold. That'll be another type of activity to enjoy instead of gearing up. Of course the decorations are stuck behind a big fat RNG paywall. BW just always knows how to create something fun and then ruin it at the same time.

What they should do is bring things back to the way they were before the horror of 5.0. Players were telling them on the forums from the second they announced the game altering gearing changes that it wouldn't work out well, it goes against the way things have been more or less since the game started. But they went thru with the changes anyways, and and everyone's unhappy with it for the most part, both casuals and those who do end game group content.

BIS gearing has always been about doing end game group content, not about RNG boxes. They should just remove the command crate system entirely and go back to the way things were in prior versions of the game. Most players would be much happier with that.

Grim,

I understand that the HM/Nim raider's want exclusive rights to 248 gear drops because we are the ones who both need the gear and do the hardest PvE content. After all, you do not need 248's to sit in your SH and craft right? I do share your frustration believe me. It drives me crazy as well seeing someone standing on fleet in full 248's that can't even gear themselves correctly and after looking at their achievements you realize they have not done one single op to deserve the gear they have, meanwhile we are busting our tails in HM/NIM ops for the junk token drops they left us with. I agree with most of what you said, and for the most part, being a raider myself, liked the way the old way of gearing was.

The 5.0 Beta team, I also being one, told the devs the new RnG system would not work and they would lose subs if they rolled it out the way it was but they did not listen and those premonitions came true sadly. They made it the PRIMARY way to get gear in this game. Raiding and PvP are now the secondary ways to get gear along with everything else. Which obviously is taken some time to get use to. It is a tough pill to swallow isn't it? let me repeat that, because I think you missed the concept not only in this thread but in others as well. RnG Is the primary way to get gear since 5.0 hit. All other ways are secondary. That means yes, you can do anything in this game and have a chance to get a 248 drop. I understand you want to go back to having those exclusive rights to all higher end gear, sign me up as well please, but that is not happening and not what this person's post was about. It was about, and you can read it again if you wish, the drop rates of 248's which are stupid low, almost impossible. No amount of wishing on your part is going to change that my friend. Believe me though, I understand your gripe.

I do nothing but raid. I do the higher PvE content and the drop rates and terrible for me as well. Your argument is if you want this gear, do the harder content correct? I am, and the drop rates still suck. In the old system I would be full 248's in the 100's of ops I have run in the last few months, I am not even close in this system.

RnG is here to stay for the immediate future and they need to fix the drop rates for all of us. Because he is right, it is neither reasonable nor fair.

Edited by Chelz

Grim,

I understand that the HM/Nim raider's want exclusive rights to 248 gear drops because we are the ones who both need the gear and do the hardest PvE content. After all, you do not need 248's to sit in your SH and craft right? I do share your frustration believe me. It drives me crazy as well seeing someone standing on fleet in full 248's that can't even gear themselves correctly and after looking at their achievements you realize they have not done one single op to deserve the gear they have, meanwhile we are busting our tails in HM/NIM ops for the junk token drops they left us with. I agree with most of what you said, and for the most part, being a raider myself, liked the way the old way of gearing was.

The 5.0 Beta team, I also being one, told the devs the new RnG system would not work and they would lose subs if they rolled it out the way it was but they did not listen and those premonitions came true sadly. They made it the PRIMARY way to get gear in this game. Raiding and PvP are now the secondary ways to get gear along with everything else. Which obviously is taken some time to get use to. It is a tough pill to swallow isn't it? let me repeat that, because I think you missed the concept not only in this thread but in others as well. RnG Is the primary way to get gear since 5.0 hit. All other ways are secondary. That means yes, you can do anything in this game and have a chance to get a 248 drop. I understand you want to go back to having those exclusive rights to all higher end gear, sign me up as well please, but that is not happening and not what this person's post was about. It was about, and you can read it again if you wish, the drop rates of 248's which are stupid low, almost impossible. No amount of wishing on your part is going to change that my friend. Believe me though, I understand your gripe.

I do nothing but raid. I do the higher PvE content and the drop rates and terrible for me as well. Your argument is if you want this gear, do the harder content correct? I am, and the drop rates still suck. In the old system I would be full 248's in the 100's of ops I have run in the last few months, I am not even close in this system.

RnG is here to stay for the immediate future and they need to fix the drop rates for all of us. Because he is right, it is neither reasonable nor fair.

Nobody should be denied any content if your a sub.Sorry but that's the way it is.If your putting in the time,surely it shouldn't matter how your doing it,your still doing it.I do a mixture of it all,ops,fp.pvp.I'm, sorry but I don't care how you get crates it's whats in them that matters,and it's just plain broken atm.This is the system we have ,and saying we shouldn't get 248 gear out of the crates because of the method used getting them is just stupid.

Trust me as I've said in other threads,I have my main in full BiS.The whole rng fest is horrible if you don't want to be stuck playing 1 toon all the time.It's rigged and the reward for our efforts is nowhere near reasonable or fair.

That's my whole point.

Nobody should be denied any content if your a sub.Sorry but that's the way it is.If your putting in the time,surely it shouldn't matter how your doing it,your still doing it.I do a mixture of it all,ops,fp.pvp.I'm, sorry but I don't care how you get crates it's whats in them that matters,and it's just plain broken atm.This is the system we have ,and saying we shouldn't get 248 gear out of the crates because of the method used getting them is just stupid.

Trust me as I've said in other threads,I have my main in full BiS.The whole rng fest is horrible if you don't want to be stuck playing 1 toon all the time.It's rigged and the reward for our efforts is nowhere near reasonable or fair.

That's my whole point.

Nobody's being denied any content there. Anyone with a sub can do HM and NiM as they please.

The fact that you see gear rewards as content is funny.

Personally I don't mind that anyone can get BiS gear. The dumb thing is that it's easier to get BiS gear by NOT doing NiM content. That's the part that I think is incorrect.

That's my whole point.

I am not sure there is a complete thought anyway in this. Did you write it on your phone or something? I am at a loss trying to comprehend anything in it. You quoted me on your reply but did not read a word of what I wrote apparently. One of the two things I did decipher however is that people are being denied content and you think that RnG is Rigged? Which again, has nothing to do with what I said.

• 2 weeks later...