Why make marauder when you can have jugg???

Labradoraki

Simple question, just has better defenses, has force push, cc immunity, high damage abilties, ranged lightsabebr throw and the marauder has?????

self healing with bleeds, better damage output than juggs. caster class killer. marauders are lacking in the survivability department other than abilities with long cooldowns and/or higher dps and bleed healing ramp up times.

two lightsabers :)

Juggs, minus their super high Smash, are pretty ineffective in PvP (1v1). They are relatively squishy and without a team will die to most classes.

Maras can hold their own and come out on top in most 1v1 situations.

That depends on if its a Smash Jug or Immortal Jug.

An Immortal Jug/Defense Guardian will give you hell in 1v1, Trust me.

"High damage abilities" is completely ambiguous, you can say that about any class. Sentinels included. Particularly since a Guardians biggest hitter, Focus-specced Force Sweep, is in our shared tree so Sents can get it just as easily.

And I have a CC Immunity? Where?

"High damage abilities" is completely ambiguous, you can say that about any class. Sentinels included. Particularly since a Guardians biggest hitter, Focus-specced Force Sweep, is in our shared tree so Sents can get it just as easily.

And I have a CC Immunity? Where?

Up the vigil tree.

"Unremitting"

Gives you a CC immunity bubble every time you leap

I play a Pyro Powertech =/

So I may not be the best to comment in 1v1 Situations against other classes. Heh...

Since usually my battles end relatively quickly. Maras last a bit longer due to their immunity shield though.

That requires either speccing Vigilance for PvP, which is terrible, or skipping Force Exhaustion in Focus, which is also terrible.

Oh how much potential you are ignorant of my dear sir.

The only class i have trouble beating is Pure Healers because i cant deal out enough damage to keep up with the heals.

Other than that i can beat anyone in a 1v1 9/10 times. Here's the kicker, I dont have a single point in Focus.

Edited by Gregory-IRL-Bria

The lvl 50 pvp armor has a hood.

^This.

Seriously... The gear had a hood in Beta... Then it was removed. Yet, somehow we're supposed to believe that making the hood show is some massively difficult thing to program?

I call BS, Devs! Pretty please? Gimme my hood back? :D

the tanking spec... give you hell... 1vs1?!

Are you some shadow spec or a combat sent (the worse spec of sent)?! Because the soo mighty defense of a tank is ignore by most attacks except weapon based attacks which harm mostly the 2 spec above.

Them chaining cds every 3min to last longer doesn't make more of a threat... Just an annoyance that you keep on the side.

the tanking spec... give you hell... 1vs1?!

Are you some shadow spec or a combat sent (the worse spec of sent)?! Because the soo mighty defense of a tank is ignore by most attacks except weapon based attacks which harm mostly the 2 spec above.

Them chaining cds every 3min to last longer doesn't make more of a threat... Just an annoyance that you keep on the side.

Did you really Just ask me what class and spec i play when its in my sig?

Whats up Ray Charles, i thought you were dead.

That requires either speccing Vigilance for PvP, which is terrible, or skipping Force Exhaustion in Focus, which is also terrible.

I do okay for myself with my Vigil/Def Guard, if geared in the Vindicator set....

Saber Throw > Leap > Sunder > Overhead Slash > Blade Storm > Stasis > Sunder > Push > Leap > Overhead Slash > Blade Storm > Sunder > Master strike > Overhead Slash > Despatch.

Takes a lot less to set up, pumps out a much more consistent form of dps than Focus bombing, much much easier to manage Focus generation, not to mention you get to really abuse that Unremitting now thanks to force push resetting leap.

Vindicator also increases your damage by 10% after leaps, very painful experience inc XD

Oh how much potential you are ignorant of my dear sir.

The only class i have trouble beating is Pure Healers because i cant deal out enough damage to keep up with the heals.

Other than that i can beat anyone in a 1v1 9/10 times. Here's the kicker, I dont have a single point in Focus.

31 points in focus and i can beat everyone including healers, theres the kicker