Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Other players' companion barking to us.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Other players' companion barking to us.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
03.24.2014 , 04:40 PM | #1
Often if there is a player with the same companion as us in the area (rather big) and we have same companions, once we click on our companion to bark, the other players' companion will start talking. This means facial animations and voice will not be coming from our npc but someone's. This also applies to the comments made by companions when entering a certain area. This is an issue because if the other players' companion is far away enough then we won't be able to hear anything.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

TaitWatson
03.26.2014 , 08:25 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Interesting. I'll pass that along. Thanks!
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

phalczen
03.26.2014 , 11:51 AM | #3
Yes! I can confirm similar behavior.

Repeatable steps:

I was on my Jedi Knight, but had my Treek companion summoned. There was another Jedi Knight by the GTN terminal next to me, who had Kira summoned. I sent my Kira on a crew skill mission, and immediately I saw that other player's Kira speak the words "You finally trust me to do something," which is one of the barks she says when going on a crew skill mission. That other players Kira spoke the words my Kira was saying when I sent her on a mission.

plotenox
03.26.2014 , 12:36 PM | #4
I notice this too sometimes but it doesn't bother me. heck I sometimes think its funny to hear that from other companions
Digital Deluxe Edition
Sith Inquisitor:Riper Server:The Razor Trooper:Plaxon Server:The Harbinger

Raansu
03.26.2014 , 02:36 PM | #5
Does it when you send them out on a crafting mission as well. Been doing this for as long as I can remember.

HKtheindomitable
03.26.2014 , 03:04 PM | #6
Revelation: This has been going on for a very long time. A VERY long time. Last I saw it was set as a minor but that was being put off until the big stuff was taken care of.

Statement: I hope this gets fixed. Though it is a small thing that I've gotten used to, it still is annoying.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild