Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is This A Joke? A Bug? Intentional?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is This A Joke? A Bug? Intentional?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpuds
08.29.2017 , 02:35 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

It is intended that we did not raise the Stronghold cap, due to its impact on Conquests. The idea of "place chairs in every hook" for your bonus is not a great experience. We would like to allow you to have the Strongholds you want and decorate them the way you want, without negative impact on Conquests. Right now those things are integrally tied together.

We may increase the Stronghold cap in the future, but first we want to address some of the issues related to Conquests.

-eric
Understandable.

However, the ONLY people to blame for the "put a chair in every hook" issue is Bioware.

Decos used to drop from Starfortresses - they don't now.
In fact there's tons of content that used to drop Decos that now doesn't.

Bioware deliberately choked off sources of decorations, to now apply what some may see as punitive measures because we were forced to use the decorations we did have, may just seem a little off.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Screaming_Ziva
08.29.2017 , 02:36 PM | #32
Hey folks!

It is intended that we did not raise the Stronghold cap, due to its impact on Conquests. The idea of "place chairs in every hook" for your bonus is not a great experience. We would like to allow you to have the Strongholds you want and decorate them the way you want, without negative impact on Conquests. Right now those things are integrally tied together.

We may increase the Stronghold cap in the future, but first we want to address some of the issues related to Conquests.

-eric
If you were worried about the impact on Conquests, cap the conquest bonus at 150% and let us have 7 strongholds.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for. Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

DarthDymond
08.29.2017 , 02:41 PM | #33
Hey folks!

-eric
Okay, but we're talking about two different things here, right? Or is the "Conquest Bonus Cap" (i.e. the [X]% bonus to your conquest gains based on your total decorations) actually hard-coded to the "Stronghold Cap" (i.e. the total number of Strongholds you can have activated at once)?

I'm all in favor of keeping the Conquest Bonus Cap where it is to avoid the "chair in every slot" issue, but I would certainly like to have the option to own and activate all 7 Strongholds, even if only 6 can count towards that Conquest Bonus.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

DarthScruffy
08.29.2017 , 02:43 PM | #34
Hey folks!

-eric
This wasn't what was breaking conquest. Try any of the following to fix conquest:
1) merging 2-3 servers including one with the empire.
2) fix queues
3) lift one time limits for featured FPs/OPS and make them infinite or make one time missions per toon for them.
4) redesign gree and rakghoul weeks.
5) run Revanites more often
6) fold Zakuul and Umbara/Odessen into Iokath week.
7) if you aren't fixing queues, give more solo options.
8) reevaluate crafting

Nothing_Shines
08.29.2017 , 02:49 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
If you were worried about the impact on Conquests, cap the conquest bonus at 150% and let us have 7 strongholds.
Exactly.

You already PROVEN you can manipulate the bonus percentage a new stronghold adds to Conquest by making the train only add 15% (which, in itself is a ridiculous self-imposed handicap and will severely limit the number of people who bother to get this SH).

Open up a 7th slot and hard cap the max percentage bonus SH collections offer to the current 150%. Or add a script that reduces to 0% any additional bonus past the 150%. Problem solved. Won't matter which order you unlock the SHs then. This doesn't take a committee or months of playtesting. It takes common sense and a little forethought.

I've completely abandoned this expansion due to the ultimate "reward" being a net negative. Thanks again, BW. Iokath continues to somehow be MORE garbage than KOTFE, which amazes me. Oh, and optimize your crap code. The FP runs like Shroud of Memory did on release. Not that I'll bother running it ever again. Those mythical millions of new players you're hunting might want to not play through a yo-yo slideshow though.
NEW & RETURNING PLAYERS CLICK THE REFERAL LINK FOR ONE FREE SERVER TRANSFER, A FREE 7 DAY SUB & USEFUL UNLOCK BUNDLES FOR ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS! http://www.swtor.com/r/JbcDx4
Jedi Covenant || The Gallowglass Legacy

Eshvara
08.29.2017 , 02:50 PM | #36
I guess none of this was in the patch notes along with the token cap for purchasing it? Really sloppy if it wasn't.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

hillerbees
08.29.2017 , 02:56 PM | #37
Your buddies in The Bad Feeling Podcast have the right idea - the conquests could be tied in to strongholds if you made it so that you got the bonus conquest percentages by unlocking all the rooms rather than actually filling the hooks - this would mean that we could decorate the strongholds in a meaningful way.

I have 1 decorated reasonably well and the others are all full of chairs etc.

Make it so!

twpotter
08.29.2017 , 02:57 PM | #38
As intended? That's great !
I just thought it was the usual plain laziness and lack of time on a very poor bug ridden fp/SH that we're getting used to.

So it's Ok for you to say it was intended...how about you let us know before hand that we would have to remove a stronghold to have the new one.
I certainly would not have wasted a weeks worth of play on the most awful, rushed, laggy, bug ridden fp in swtor history only to be told... YOU MUST REMOVE blablabla to get your new SH.

So yeah, its a joke....I'm laughing like a loon as i click unsub.
SUGAR'RAY--PROGENITOR 500K PRESTIGE--55K ACHIEVES

Cripey
08.29.2017 , 02:58 PM | #39
Hey folks!

-eric
What a crock of crap.

DarthDymond
08.29.2017 , 03:00 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I guess none of this was in the patch notes along with the token cap for purchasing it? Really sloppy if it wasn't.
So, I'd like to see the Stronghold Cap raised, but I don't think there was any need to affirmatively state a non-change in the Patch Notes. In 5.3 they raised the Cap to six (and said as much in the Notes). In 5.4, the Cap is still six.

I do think it's something that it might have been a good idea (from a PR / expectation management perspective) to mention in some of the forum discussions they've engaged with concerning the Stronghold, just to control the narrative a bit. But Patch Notes? Those don't need to spell out when there is no change to something.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here