Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is This A Joke? A Bug? Intentional?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is This A Joke? A Bug? Intentional?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThadiusMoor
08.29.2017 , 10:29 AM | #1
Ok, so I spent a good while farming up the tokens to buy the access to the Umbara Exchange Area where you buy the new stronghold. I finally got there, all excited, happily buying the token and using it immediately, I run over to the elevator, take it down and run over to the stronghold board to buy the new train and...

"You can only have 6 strongholds active at any one time. Please deactivate one of your strongholds in order to buy this one."

Seriously... Really... Are you actually saying, "hey, here is a great new stronghold for your collection of strongholds, but wait, you have to throw away one you already spent a ton of money on in order to buy this new shiney thing we made."

If this was intentional, you just made the new content instantly dead on arrival for the vast majority of players.

That is literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Click here to use my refer a friend link!
Click here to read about the refer a friend program!
You get loot. I get loot. We both win. Thanks in advance!

Kolskeggur
08.29.2017 , 10:31 AM | #2
It's not even the first time they've done this exact thing, though the previous one didn't include this 'grind' (Yavin 4). Learning from mistakes? Naaah. Communicate? u wot m8?
"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

Sith-Viscera
08.29.2017 , 10:34 AM | #3
Yep, you only can have a few active at one time. I only have 3 which is the 1 free 1 then the 2 capital worlds and thats it. So if i can get this game patched with 5.4 then i could get the train. But i cant cause its the patching expect is screwed and besides, i rather have my own personal Ship The Fury as a traveling Stronghold.
I can use my powers to conjure up your worst nightmares and bring them to life before your eyes. I can drive you mad with fear, shred your sanity, and leave you a raving lunatic for the rest of your life. -Darth Zannah

StarGazerElite
08.29.2017 , 10:50 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ThadiusMoor View Post
Ok, so I spent a good while farming up the tokens to buy the access to the Umbara Exchange Area where you buy the new stronghold. I finally got there, all excited, happily buying the token and using it immediately, I run over to the elevator, take it down and run over to the stronghold board to buy the new train and...

"You can only have 6 strongholds active at any one time. Please deactivate one of your strongholds in order to buy this one."
I had this same experience this morning. Why didn't they mention this limit of 6 strongholds before? I only went through the grind because I thought it would add another 25% bonus to conquest points.

Aderes
08.29.2017 , 10:53 AM | #5
It's a reasonable expectation to think that you would be able to have 7 active strongholds now. They set a precedent for it with the last 2 strongholds, but previously we were limited to 4.

It would have been nice to hear one way or the other from BioWare before we spent all that time in a BUGGY AF instance to grind out the currency.
(‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾[|][‾/‾/‾/‾/][)

TUXs
08.29.2017 , 10:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aderes View Post
It's a reasonable expectation to think that you would be able to have 7 active strongholds now. They set a precedent for it with the last 2 strongholds, but previously we were limited to 4.
Exactly how I feel!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

AscendingSky
08.29.2017 , 10:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aderes View Post

It would have been nice to hear one way or the other from BioWare before we spent all that time in a BUGGY AF instance to grind out the currency.
Why would we hear from them? They don't care. We're just income to them, not people.
#RemoveRNG
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

yeldarbnotned
08.29.2017 , 10:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by StarGazerElite View Post
I had this same experience this morning. Why didn't they mention this limit of 6 strongholds before? I only went through the grind because I thought it would add another 25% bonus to conquest points.
Me too! At least, we can inform guildies and save them the time and grind.

HuaRya
08.29.2017 , 11:26 AM | #9
Since I completed the title 'Galactic Conqueror' over 2 years ago I have no need for conquest. To make sure I have all my best decos in my preferred stronghold I deactivated all but one.

My question for you is: Do you actually visit all of your strongholds?

I know you'll say yes to prove a point

ThadiusMoor
08.29.2017 , 11:41 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Since I completed the title 'Galactic Conqueror' over 2 years ago I have no need for conquest. To make sure I have all my best decos in my preferred stronghold I deactivated all but one.

My question for you is: Do you actually visit all of your strongholds?

I know you'll say yes to prove a point
Yes, I actually do.

I use them as a single-point travel method to go to the planets those strongholds are located on, and while going there, I also bank, check the gtn, mail, and repair.

Yes, I could just use my ship, or just port directly to those planets using the map, however, with all the stronghold services in my strongholds, I prefer to make the pit-stop on the way.

Some people actually do care about their strongholds.
Click here to use my refer a friend link!
Click here to read about the refer a friend program!
You get loot. I get loot. We both win. Thanks in advance!