Chief Zokar and his RED RINGS OF TERROR!!!

I have to admit this is just frustrating.

You know what I'm talking about.

Chief Zokar drop below 30-35% hp's and he just goes Ape-**** and starts launching his RED RINGS OF TERROR. You literally have tenth's of a second to get out of the RED RING or your screwed and he one shots you. The only Boss I can even think of who has an attack that goes off that fast is Dr. Lorick but, it wasn't a ONE SHOTTER!!!

I enjoy a good challenge but I feel like my brain can't get the message to my hand fast enough hand in order to get my sorry butt out of the way.

I need some Advice, HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

EDIT : Talking About HardMode

Edited by GalaxyStrong

I have never experienced this. Zokar's weapons level increases as the fight progresses (a sort of soft enrage mechanic). So if you a reaching a point where he is that powerful it's because the DPS are awful.

Nevertheless it's not a one-shot mechanic (killed by 0 damage). It can deal a great amount of damage but it's healable.

It cycles through a set pattern of his abilities.

In addition to the red circle, the other notable abilities are the frontal knock back and the stun circle, both target the tank.

So if you have lag, dps/heal/cast when he does those two abilities at the tank. And start running during other time.

Edited by Banegio

There should be no point where his "soft enrage" mechanic becomes unhealable. He has an actual hard enrage (which I've sadly seen, due to DPS dying to this red circle mechanic) though, which is pretty rough.

Someone should only be dying to the red circle if they're very slow at moving, not using a defensive cooldown and undergeared. It is a very rough mechanic that leaves very little time to move, but it is possible to avoid it completely. It should also only hit for about 25-28k ( I believe, I haven't actually checked a combat log on this), so even if you have less total HP than that, *any* defensive cooldown will help you live through it, even something as small as shield probe. Ideally though, you shouldn't be getting hit. If you are, practice moving faster. Worst case scenario, practice moving slightly in between each attack to get used to it. The DPS check is only difficult if people die.

Chief Zokar is my nightmare as a commando healer. Every time I get to him, I have 2 or 3 wipes...and I find myself going nuts on the red ring phase, most of my heals require cast time, and he don't give me enough time to even cast two medical probes or advanced medical probes. even throwing kolto bombs is difficult with everyone running and not staying in the same place. I bet this boss would be easier as an scoundrel/operative :(

As a commando (or merc) healer, how do you approach this phase?

Edited by metalfenix

Someone should only be dying to the red circle if they're very slow at moving, not using a defensive cooldown and undergeared. It is a very rough mechanic that leaves very little time to move, but it is possible to avoid it completely.

Sometimes I walk out of the red circle (10-15m) just to die from his attack anyway.

Latency plays a huge part in this fight and that's what makes him frustrating to me.

His last phase is very easy if you can avoid rockets. His shoulder launcher cast is very long, and he's not dealing any other damage in that time. As commando healer, I usually have time and energy to use on damaging Zokar, since there's little healing to be done.

If someone eats a rocket, it might take a while to heal him back to full, and you have to avoid rockets yourself - best time to use probes is just after a rocket. You should have time for Advanced Probe -> discounted Probe -> regular Probe. If someone eats two rockets in a row, or doesn't make an effort to dodge the first one - don't even bother healing him, just start DPSing in his stead.

For tanks this fight is very easy - you just have to learn how to take advantage of your range. Instead of standing inside Zokar, stand 2-3 meters away from him - this is still in melee range, but if you get targeted by Cryo Grenade, you can walk straight through Zokar and leave the cryo nade completely away from him. This practice is also extremely useful when fighting spider droids in Core Meltdown. Tanking at your arm's length helps scoundrels and shadows deal good damage while noone stands in EMP blasts.

Edited by Foyle

I have a merc and commando healers. And yes, it is very frustrating.

I have seen my character run out of the red circle only to be hit regardless. Then somewhat healed myself and unbelievably been targeted again and one shotted while being out of the circle.

Its the only 55HM FP I have problems with.

It's not enjoyable having to queue in GF and when getting that FP having to drop because of that boss.

I want to believe that it's a glitch and that the boss's mechanics are not working properly.

And I want to believe that it will be fixed very soon..... because it's not an OPS, its a damn 55HM FP!!

Otherwise what's the point in playing and enjoying Swtor if something frustrates me????

Sometimes I walk out of the red circle (10-15m) just to die from his attack anyway.

Latency plays a huge part in this fight and that's what makes him frustrating to me.

It's interesting to note that the rubber banding I've had in this fight never occurs at <94 ms latency , only at +114 ms latencecy.

I guess that 20 ms does make a difference.

As odd as it sounds I jump before it lands after I move out of it. I've had the same problem with it killing me for 10-15m away, then I saw someone jumping before it lands. Seems to work for the time being.

I will try this the next time.

It's about server updating your position. All you have to do, is move two steps away and stop, its much better then running 10 meters away. But if people fail to do even this, then whine, well...

As there are a lot of aoes which are bigger than their circle is, it only seems natural, that one wants to get away far enough from such a massive attack.

But thank you for helping to build up a bias against the progress community as being elitist and unhelpful

I've been one-shotted outside a circle as well. Then again, I've been hit by other AoEs while clearly standing outside their circles. The graphics are incredibly misleading and now I just run like crazy.

I also think they should increase the time before it hits. It's too unforgiving for an otherwise not very difficult instance. As people here have said you can get killed by just a little bit of poor latency.

You're welcome. I do however fail to see how my previous post was unhelpful :jawa_mad: Maybe try to actually read it...

The way you've written it gives the clear message of "you should know every bug/glitch and how to deal with it or you're bad" so I don't percieve it as helpful.

Edited by Never_Hesitate

I was referring to people not being able to react in almost 2 seconds that are given on this mechanic, then saying fight is too hard and should be nerfed. Imagine a guy like me, 175cm high, complaining that volleball net is too high, that those 2.44m is way overtuned and should be nerfed. Ridiculous, isn't it? Why would that situation be any different

He'll get to 5 "Arsenal" buff stacks. That's when he does those annoying Red Circles of Doom / Rocket.

How I do this:

When he gets to 5 stacks of Arsenal, I started treating the fight like I do PVP. I never stop moving. As a MDPS, I use mostly saber throws and approach + nuke him after he does the rocket. As a tank I mostly keep his aggro on me and use threat generating attacks while moving around. As turrets--either healer or RDPS, I still move and drop my big nukes after he does the rocket.

You can tell when he's gonna do those red circles / rocket by:

1. He'll most likely do "Shotgun Blast" and "Cyro Grenade" before the rocket.

2. He'll moan. Grunts/Shouts/Whatevs while shooting the rocket launcher.

If you stand idle and only move when the red circle is under your feet, it might not work most of the time cause he's a jerk and he cheats--even when you see yourself clearly out of the circle, you still get hit anyways. So the best way I can share on how to do this is to keep moving. The chance to drop big heals / nuke is when after he does the rocket.

Shotgun Blast [your chance] > Cyro Grenade [your chance] > Rocket > Shotgun Blast [your chance] > Cyro Grenade [your chance] > Rocket.

80% of the time he'll target Cyro Grenade on the tank so that's when you drop your big hits on him.

Edited by mustopak