Season 8 End; Pre Season to test Class Changes

oli-fynnobi

Hey,

how about to end the 8. Season of Ranked PvP sooner, with 5.3 with the class changes, and make a pre-season from 5.3 until 5.4 to test out the new Clss Changes.

Then begin Season 9 with 5.4.

It would be nice for all of us:

We're getting rewards way sooner and Devs can test Class Changes while Ranked. :o

Hey,

how about to end the 8. Season of Ranked PvP sooner, with 5.3 with the class changes, and make a pre-season from 5.3 until 5.4 to test out the new Clss Changes.

We're getting rewards way sooner and Devs can test Class Changes while Ranked. :o

excellent suggestion, 100% support this setup.

Great idea but come on, you really thing the Devs will do this?

I don't think the delaying of the season would be much of a problem.

Getting them to actually gather and apply feedback though.. that's an entirely different beast.

Hey,

Good idea, I agree (wasn't paid also :D)

Hey,

Signed, dated, stamped, #hashtagged, retweeted. Bring back pre-season / cut down regular season length.

Hey,

Looking back at past "pre seasons to test class balance" this is a bad idea. They would end up having a 1 year pre season again... In a theoretical universe where BW really would stay true to their words and only keep it 1 patch long, I'd be totally up for it. But when they can hardly keep any promise they make, I'd rather have the season start right away.

If history has taught me anything from s1 up until now, is that pre seasons are a no no.

Looking back at past "pre seasons to test class balance" this is a bad idea. They would end up having a 1 year pre season again... In a theoretical universe where BW really would stay true to their words and only keep it 1 patch long, I'd be totally up for it. But when they can hardly keep any promise they make, I'd rather have the season start right away.

If history has taught me anything from s1 up until now, is that pre seasons are a no no.

Yeah...but honestly, I'd have a year long preseason during this shat balances and nerfs, then 2 seasons of broken hot garbage. The last good season I remember playing was season 3.

Hey,

this would be ideal but too many people would cry they didn't get rewards because of class balance. give them a month in a different meta then they'll only have *gear* and *matchmaking* to cry about

Edited by themachinemann

I thought about this as well, and in my opinion this will not work. They can't and will not balance classes based on a pre season of ranked. Way too many variables that come into play, pve related. They have a set standard on how they choose to go about balancing classes, and the way it is today, is how it's been forever. Classes get balanced, the community freaks and doesn't understand their motives, and they lash out.

I Completely understand why the lashing out happens, as i am apart of it. I would love for this idea, but it would only work if this game was only pvp. To be brutally honest, this game is a casual experience and has gradually become more and more casual as time progresses. We all need to collectively come to a understanding that swtor will never have the balancing schemes like the for example overwatch, which is solely pvp, and gets balanced around it.

This is not a bashing post to the team at Bioware Austin, this is just my honest opinion based on the time i have spent here since launch regarding balancing. Balance is a big deal in the Star Wars universe, and this game's balance is between pve and pvp, not light or dark. The only solution to balance in swtor is to put pve and pvp into seperate realms entirely. So when you played pvp, you played with an entirely different "balance" then you would in pve. Otherwise we need to stop expecting them to balance things the way we wish. It's not up to us, and its just not possible.

peace

Edited by Going

There is no point testing anything until every class has their dps, healing, AND utilities balanced. What's the point in testing a nerfed arsenal merc that still has godly DCDs and utilities? They are still going to be a broken class because they will still facetank in every situation and come out ahead. There are classes in this upcoming meta that desperately need balance changes but won't see anything for a long time.