Good Old Times!!

Dboyy

When I decided to come on back to SWTOR after (Roughly 4 years or so...) I went and dug around my old Videos and found these. Brought back some fun Memories. Some great players/guilds were kicking around SWTOR during Head start / Release!!

Enjoy,

open world PvP

dead mostly, people hold events where player go to a planet and kill each other but having it just happen on its own will only take place when the gree event is on.

ranked warzones

8vs8 ranked has been removed and 4vs4 arenas are in its place, you can queue solo or as a team of 4 but TR is takes a while to pop as not many people do it from what i have heard, solo is (you guessed) solo queued arena, no premades here unless people sync queue, after 10 ranked games you get a rating. win games to improve the rating and earn rewards when the season ends. season 8 is near its end so it probably better to wait for season 9

premades

they exist but you won't see a 4 man premade every match you enter.

servers

for EU play on the red eclipse

for NA west play harbinger

For NA east i can't really say but i believe shadowlands and ebon hawk are active.

also play empire side they dominate pretty much every server, (apart from ebon hawk)

Edited by benmas

premades

they exist but you won't see a 4 man premade every match you enter.

I would add that sometimes there are premades, but it's not obvious (often not in the same guild, or any guild). I think that leads to some false accusations of premades also, because it's hard to tell.

There really are no PvP guilds, either. Usually just massive conquest guilds, small guilds with close friends, or small-ish raiding guilds with members who occasionally PvP. Lots of dead guilds and "social" guilds with large numbers of members who quit the game.

If you've been gone for 4 years, you will be disappointed with the state of PvP now. Sorry. It's very casual now. Lots of people who dislike or even hate PvP are queuing up for warzones because that's the only viable way to upgrade their 242 gear to 248. The NiM (now called Master Mode) operations don't really drop 248, so they have to queue for warzones to get Unassembled Components to upgrade their gear. It's a system designed to get people to try other game modes. The result is that warzones are less competitive, not because the raiders are poor players, but because they don't care to try and win as much as somebody who actually likes PvP.

For me, I like warzones more than anything, but I like operations also. I just don't have the time or the willpower to play more than casually anymore. I wouldn't mind being in a "PvP" guild where I could just log in and join a group with whoever is on, but it's hard to find those. So I queue solo all the time.

Edited by teclado