Carbonize??

-Cybrax-

Ok, this is driving me insane. For some reason carbonize only seems to work 25% of the time for me. In pvp I could maybe write this off due to resolve/trinkets/etc, but why when running instances is this happening on non-elite mobs in hard mode instances. What I like to do is get threat on everything then hit carbonize but frequently i only see one guy encased afterwards. My tech hit is 108% so it cant be missing, all the monsters in question are not even being dpsed.

I have noticed on some that it just does not display the graphic and I seem to not be taking damage. If anyone can help me understand this ability better and could shine some light i would appreciate it. My understanding is it should stun 5 non champion mobs for 2 seconds within 8 meters (about the same nova as flamesweep).

TY

I have never had a problem with Carbonize not working, until I got the pvp armour set. I picked up the Powertech armour set that isn't the Supercommando one, and have enough pieces to receive the +.5s duration bonus. However, after testing multiple times on other players, I noticed that the skill just doesn't work at all. I don't know if its just the set or me, but one time during a hutball game tied 2-2 with 10s left our ball carrier was going down, and I was out of combat so i actually dropped one piece of my pvp gear to run up and carbonize and voila, it worked.

As far as I can tell, the skill is broken with 2 pieces of the pvp set.

I don't ever have an issue with carbonize honestly. My only suggestions would be the following:

For pvp make sure the enemies resolve bar is not full. That is the white bar under their health bar, if it's full they will be immune to it. Additionally some classes have buffs that will temporarily make them immune to CC as well.

Fo pve some mobs are just immune to CC. I don't mean to sound condescending but it's the only reasonable conclusion for me. Damage won't break carbonize so pay attention to the mob's debuffs. It is also possible they are being carbonized and your video is not working properly. Try updating your video drivers if they are getting the carbonize debuff without the visual effect as well.

He is correct.... the 2 piece comat tech armor breaks carbonize. I have reported it a few times without response and I have not seen the bug confirmed by anyone. So who knows how long we will have to wait for a fix.

This really needs to be fixed ASAP. I really want to get the Combat Tech PVP set because lower cooldown on determination is sweet, more crit on rocket punch is sweet and 0.5 seconds longer duration for carbonize is just icing on that cake.

But if you simply cannot use carbonize anymore with this set on this set is completely useless. I don't want the tank set, so I'll probably go for the dps merc one (Eliminator) which gives crit chance on rail shot as the 4 piece bonus (but has a completely useless 2piece for PTs).

Again, I really would love to get the Combat Tech PVP set but I simply cannot endure carbonize not working with this bug.

Edited by AetherMcLoud

I have two piece Combat-tech and I can confirm carbonize not working even when they do not have their resolve nor was it dipping from full. It works SOMETIMES but not all the times.

Anecdote for evidence but I've had 2-3 people clumped up running down from the spawn area in voidstar so no resolve at all. Carbonize all of them but only one of them getting stunned and staying in place. The other two's movement did not break, there was no stop and start like if they used their CC break.

Honestly its the better set anyway. Even if it worked the 2pc bonus isn't good enough to offset the awesomeness of 15% rail shot crit the eliminator set gives you as a 4pc

It depends on build. Our trees either benefit rail shot or a rocket punch as main hard hiting skill.

This should be getting a lot more attention, I sincerely hope that it can get fixed as soon as possible. After obtaining the set bonus from the gear and it stopped working, this is just frustrating. Carbonize is an integral part of how I play, it may just be one ability but going from using it every CD to it being broken sucks.

I don't want to be forced to not have a set bonus or get gear from a different set just because of a fault in the game.