Do You like Lana Beniko?

Slowpokeking

She is one of my favorite SWTOR characters by now. It's rare to see such a Sith like this. Intelligent, calm and loyal but also feminine, not afraid to show her fear and worry towards PC. The only thing I'm not pleased is that she is a bit too nice to the pubs. Edited by Slowpokeking

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I greatly enjoyed Lana as a character so far. There is something about her that just makes her very interesting. Unlike most Sith we have seen so far, she is very reserved and calm. Even her Imperial Codex entry states that some might confuse her for a Jedi.

That being said, I was really a bit disappointed that I couldn't get her as a companion yet. I really, really want her for my male Inquisitor, because Lana would definately make a better love interest than Ashara. My only complaint so far about Lana is her in-game model. She looks horrible compared to her concept artwork, especially with that little split / gap in her chin. The textures on her face certainly leave something to be desired.

I greatly enjoyed Lana as a character so far. There is something about her that just makes her very interesting. Unlike most Sith we have seen so far, she is very reserved and calm. Even her Imperial Codex entry states that some might confuse her for a Jedi.

That being said, I was really a bit disappointed that I couldn't get her as a companion yet. I really, really want her for my male Inquisitor, because Lana would definately make a better love interest than Ashara. My only complaint so far about Lana is her in-game model. She looks horrible compared to her concept artwork, especially with that little split / gap in her chin. The textures on her face certainly leave something to be desired.

Pretty much same deal here.

I hope they'll pull a "Sylvanas" with her, and give the model a nice makeover between now and 3.0.

I like the personality but her character model is absolutely awful.

I mean, unique characters in this game, like Satele, Malgus and Malcolm always looked great and Theron is no exception as well... Lana on the other hand hand I'm not sure what happened.

I like her model while it could get some improvement.

Why could she sense Revan from Part I? Does that mean, she might have some connection with him?

I like her model while it could get some improvement.

Why could she sense Revan from Part I? Does that mean, she might have some connection with him?

That was already addressed.

She sensed something, most likely due to her proximity to Darth Arkous. I really doubt she's somehow another descendant of Revan for example.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

That was already addressed.

She sense something, most likely due to her proximity to Darth Arkous. I really doubt she's somehow another descendant of Revan for example.

Darth Arkous and Revan are totally different individuals. The others, those who are more powerful didn't sense it.

She said "maybe", which means it's just her assumption.

It's the obvious assumption, one you failed to counter.

She's actually one of my favorite star wars characters of all time, one of, not the favorite. I really hope they are setting up them as companions...but it's unlikely. She is fantastically written and very different.

Charles Boyd implied in a Twitch stream some months back that it was unlikely.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I really do love Lana. It would be fantastic if she is made a companion, and even better if my character could have a proper romance with her, but we will see. I hope she has a major part to play in 3.0, at least! :i_angel:

If all goes well, I expect that...

Theron is invited to become director of the SiS, while Lana is invited into the Dark Council.

They'll probably refuse the honor though. :p

I like Lana - she is another kind of sith, away from the bloodthirsty lunatics we usually get presented.

Lana, Darth Marr, Darth Malgus are all different from the "normal sith expectations" we have. Maybe they are more realistic in their behavior,even Darth Arkous is.

And for me that makes them interesting and likeable ;)

I like Lana - she is another kind of sith, away from the bloodthirsty lunatics we usually get presented.

Lana, Darth Marr, Darth Malgus are all different from the "normal sith expectations" we have. Maybe they are more realistic in their behavior,even Darth Arkous is.

And for me that makes them interesting and likeable ;)

Arkous made me think of a refined Pure Blood on par with Darth Serevin.

Shame both shared an equally similar fate in the end.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I like her, too - she's a well-developed character that doesn't conform to stereotypes. I agree that the model could use some fixing - but I'm always for story first, visuals later.

As for her as a companion... I, too, think it's highly unlikely, simply because of the power-level. Your companions might be tough, smart, have an important past etc., but they all still are obviously beneath you / serving you - and Lana is too powerful and independent on her own. (Same goes for Theron.) And while it could still be acceptable for Sith characters, I simply can't imagine her joining a bounty hunter.

Lana is a pretty cool char, and I am quite fine with her visuals. From her visual she appears to be Dark 1, which implies that she is not always resolving into bloodthirst, revenge, kill everything in your path.

It would have been interesting if the Rep side have gotten a dark-hair, Light 1 version like Lana which happens to be her twin sister... Both discovering their past, whether they are nemesis to each other or working together for some other cause, personal or dictated by something else would have been a very interesting side-plot in my opinion which could give a lot of material for FPs and OPs...

And I would prefer if she was not a companion. Just don't kill her!

Edited by MusicRider

As for her as a companion... I, too, think it's highly unlikely, simply because of the power-level. Your companions might be tough, smart, have an important past etc., but they all still are obviously beneath you / serving you - and Lana is too powerful and independent on her own. (Same goes for Theron.) And while it could still be acceptable for Sith characters, I simply can't imagine her joining a bounty hunter.

Eh... when my Bounty Hunter offered to go into hiding with her she pointed out what a big damn hero he is to the people of the Empire.

The Revanites are also not hunting you, despite the fact that they know you were part of what happened with Theron and Lana*. Which kinda suggests the Bounty Hunter (and other classes) are on a whole different level from Lana and Theron. (Or they are still assuming that you died when Revan opened those turbo lasers on you... but I highly doubt that given their information network, and the player character is much too high profile for them not to learn about their survival).

The Wrath and Darth Nox/Imperious/Whatever are clearly above her in station, but the others are also credited with deeds that make them a pretty big deal (such as stopping Malgus' rebellion, winning Makeb for the Empire, and all the other epic threats they faced in their class stories).

* Especially since Revan himself has seen the player characters, he knows better than anyone just how dangerous they are, since they've kicked his *** before in the Foundry.

Edited by Callaron

Eh... when my Bounty Hunter offered to go into hiding with her she pointed out what a big damn hero he is to the people of the Empire.

The Revanites are also not hunting you, despite the fact that they know you were part of what happened with Theron and Lana*. Which kinda suggests the Bounty Hunter (and other classes) are on a whole different level from Lana and Theron. (Or they are still assuming that you died when Revan opened those turbo lasers on you... but I highly doubt that given their information network, and the player character is much too high profile for them not to learn about their survival).

The Wrath and Darth Nox/Imperious/Whatever are clearly above her in station, but the others are also credited with deeds that make them a pretty big deal (such as stopping Malgus' rebellion, winning Makeb for the Empire, and all the other epic threats they faced in their class stories).

* Especially since Revan himself has seen the player characters, he knows better than anyone just how dangerous they are, since they've kicked his *** before in the Foundry.

Malgus' rebellion can be stopped by either Imperial or Republic forces.

At the moment, it is impossible to know for sure which faction did. For what is worth, I always liked to think Imperials did as well.

;) Edited by Darth_Wicked

Malgus' rebellion can be stopped by either Imperial or Republic forces.

At the moment, it is impossible to know for sure which faction did. For what is worth, I always liked to think Imperials did as well.

;)

That's definitely a good reason to give the achievement to the Imps!

And I always just figured that the game makes it canon for whatever side you happen to be playing at the time, while leaving the truth floating around somewhere "out there".

That's definitely a good reason to give the achievement to the Imps!

And I always just figured that the game makes it canon for whatever side you happen to be playing at the time, while leaving the truth floating around somewhere "out there".

That's usually my interpretation as well. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked