What are your social motivations for playing an MMORPG? Please take the survey.

Can I have a moment of your time, please?

My twin brother is conducting research in cognitive science and he needs your help. He is one of the most esteemed students that his program has ever had and his work usually hold exceptional quality. He is also a long time gamer like myself.

The link below will take you to a survey about your social motivations for playing an MMORPG. It would be great for his results to get some input from you and everyone that you can post this link to who might be interested.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RUhmusY25FbVUXq7oVVeQBOFB9JqLbr4t9vUXcx5jXc/viewform

It shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. Thank you for helping my brother with the research he loves.

- Grotts

Can I have a moment of your time, please?

My twin brother is conducting research in cognitive science and he needs your help. He is one of the most esteemed students that his program has ever had and his work usually hold exceptional quality. He is also a long time gamer like myself.

The link below will take you to a survey about your social motivations for playing an MMORPG. It would be great for his results to get some input from you and everyone that you can post this link to who might be interested.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RUhmusY25FbVUXq7oVVeQBOFB9JqLbr4t9vUXcx5jXc/viewform

It shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. Thank you for helping my brother with the research he loves.

- Grotts

Not clicking on a link that I don't trust.. sorry

I can tell you I have no social motivation to play this game other then to rewind after a long day at work. There I took your survey and you have my answer.

Thank you all for helping to advance gaming science!

Hmmm a random link on the internet, seems legit...

It's not a random link. It's a Google Docs document. Google Docs is a web-based office suite service provided by Google as part of their Google Drive service. Here's a less random link explaning it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Docs

Suuuuuure. Your "twin brother"....

Took it, and good luck with his (your) studies.

I don't expect people to take everything I say at face value. Though I can neither confirm nor deny this, my brother can. In the survey (second page), my brother's E-mail for his university is listed. Feel free to contact him personally if you wish to confirm his identity. Persoanlly I'd like to stay anonymous. Regardless, I'm still happy that you took time to take the survey!

Done. I'd be interested to see the results in this.

If this thread is still alive when the results are published I will make sure to provide it.

What is your brother studying ??

The question "Killing other players." - how enjoyable is it ? (rate 1 to 5)...

Shouldn't that be, killing other players characters ?

Sorry about the semantics, but if your brother is working for a university degree, he should be working scientific and not careless.

What is your brother studying ??

The question "Killing other players." - how enjoyable is it ? (rate 1 to 5)...

Shouldn't that be, killing other players characters ?

Sorry about the semantics, but if your brother is working for a university degree, he should be working scientific and not careless.

He's studying cognitive science and has a passion for online gaming. At the end of the survey you are able to submit feedback. I'm sure he'd appreciate semantic corrections as well. All feedback is good feedback.

From my point of view, you either dont care or miss one side of your study. That beeing the side that what you want and what you can do in a community, cause of trends/accepted drive or just human interaction in a game is in differ.

Thats why every question should have a continuance question:

Do you feel this game/community supports/encourages you to play this way?

Less you can achieve your goals in a game enviroment, less you care about it.

Did he have to steal all his questions from the Bartle Test?

Indeed, and the bartle test already has results of millions of other players worldwide listed as well, though it doesn't really show a history of trendings or anything like that .