*Ultimate* Desktop PC Performance Guide

Sprigum

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was starting to wonder if it hated AMD cpu's as well, maybe that is something they can look at, but lets hope they are at least looking at it for you guys.

no not really devs dont care how this game runs on amd cpu as far as i can see with all the performance bugs in this game that are there from the start they really just dont care

Edited by JymmyMorison

It's funny that one of the most expensive i5 2500k's is listed to run this game extremely well..

I have the exact CPU OC'd to 3.4 with a 660 GTX and I'll still be getting choppy play.

I have an i5 2500k. 3.4Ghz is the stock speed though with 3.7Ghz Turbo Boost. I have mine overclocked to 4.4Ghz...

no not really devs dont care how this game runs on amd cpu as far as i can see with all the performance bugs in this game that are there from the start they really just dont care

Intel chips generally outperform AMD when it comes to work on a single core. Not just in this game but overall.

Intel chips generally outperform AMD when it comes to work on a single core. Not just in this game but overall.

Agreed but not the way you see in this game intel chips in the same pricing on stock frequencies outperform even the new amd chips with heavy oc in no other game i have any problems with my current system, i mean comon crysis 3 runs on max perfectly over 30fps(except first level) and any other cpu intensive game for that matter except this one

• 2 weeks later...
I have an i5 2500k. 3.4Ghz is the stock speed though with 3.7Ghz Turbo Boost. I have mine overclocked to 4.4Ghz...

stock speed for the 2500k is 3.3Ghz i know cause i have the same processor and i left if being at stock speed i would also overclock my CPU when needed but not right now i dont really find i have the need to for any games i play right now

AMD Phenom first Gen (Agena) 9550 - It's very bad for swtor, dont ever think about hetting this one for tor. Never seen green or yellow numbers in-game. A few times in cinematics, or login screen.

well for the AMD Phenom series would have to be X3 to X4 for you to be able to see some green numbers in-game i know cause i have my laptop the AMD Phenom II X4 N930 and i get yellow to green

here for anyone that would like to own a ultimate budget PC to play game other then TOR

CPU: Quad-Core A8-3870K Black Edition APU

GPU: Asus AMD Radeon HD 7750

Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 431 Plus RC-431P-KWN2 Black Steel Body

HDD: Seagate Momentus XT 500GB

Motherboard: ASRock A75 PRO4

Memory: Kingston HyperX Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600Mhz

PSU: COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power 600W

everything in total would come up to around 650$ you can get TOR at 70 fps on the max settings with this setup for other games like Crysis 3 and yes i have seen the fps for that CPU and GPU together you would get max settings 45+ fps and the Seagate Mementus XT if no one really knows it its a Hybrid drive meaning it would as a HDD and SSD so example a SSD would give on a estimate to the average 7200 RPM drives a 15% boost but the Hybrid drive would give a 10% boost which is still good

also like to let people know i am a Intel and Nvidia guy but for this setup for people on a budget and if i had the extra money now to build another system i would go for this just cause i would be saving a lot of money and for the people that might be curious on my rig right now it is a Core i5 2500k Asus GTS 450 DirectCU Top 8GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu i get on average on this game 60+ fps on max settings but i paid a little less then that system cause i got my parts on special a few years back :p so like i was saying before if anyone only has like 700$ to spend on a new desktop this would be your system

for people that only has 700$ and wants to get a laptop/notebook i would suggest the lenovo G780 Metal

comes with the Intel Core i5 3230M at 2.6Ghz the GPU is a GT 635 2GB with 6GB DDR3 memory its not a bad system i have tested that CPU and GPU in a notebook before with this game and you get about 40+ fps on high settings no AA and screen res would be 1360x768 hope people enjoys my advice and like i said this is for people on a budget its not super high end like other people would post like a Core i7 or a AMD FX-8350 Vishera so enjoy research the price in your country cause this pricing if for in america/canada and have a good day:rak_09:

i should clerefy that this game hates amd cpus aswell so almost every single cpu from intel will outperform any qamd cpu in this game

well i am a intel guy but now with the AMD APU's i dont know anymore cause i have seen the A6's and A8's play this game pretty well with no lag and those one's mainly seen on laptops the A8's i have seen on 1 desktop but of course had to get a separate GPU cause the desktop graphics on the APU series isnt that strong for games (which i am surprised the laptop versions are stronger) but ya

• 2 weeks later...

Glad there's already a thread for this where I can ask this question.

Alot of people are always trying to find ways to tweak settings to make the game run better/smoother, but I want to know what TOR looks like at it's maximum potential in terms of graphics/visuals.

Right now I'm using Nvidia Inspector to push the graphics beyond what the normal game settings are capable of but I also don't really know what I'm doing.

I recently bought...

Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard

Geforce GTX 680 (Twin Razor)

Intel Core i7-3770k LGA 1155 Processor

G-Skill Ripjaws X 16GB

...and have my Nvidia Inspector settings set up like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/TAS_4287/TORIN_zps5402cc22.png

I don't know if this is "the best" I can make it or if I have things conflicting with other things in the these settings or what I can change to make it look better so I thought I'd ask here.

Also is there a(ny) ENB that works for TOR?

The thing(s) that look the worst in the game for me right now are clothing/armor textures but I know those are resolution based files that I can't do anything about, ie those are always going to look bad no matter what I tweak (I think)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Processor: AMD Sempron 145 processor, 2800 Mhz, 1 principal processor, 1 logic processor

Operative system: windows 7

RAM: 4GB

Current GPU: NVIDIA geforce 210

The game currently runs ok, but it becomes annoying and slow on some areas, also some mobs (when on ops) are invisible and untargeteable for like a minute, and of course i cant pvp because everything freezes and then im dead. I could grab either a Radeon HD 7750 or a NVIDIA geforce 630

what i want to know is if i'll be able to do PvP well, or atleast alot better than currently with the geforce 210. or should i look for a different GPU. or if there's a different part of my PC that is failing

Edited by PotatoDog

Hi

i need some help with my swtor.

When i do operations 8 man i got like 20 FPS and when i do ops 16 man i got the max fps of 12 to 14.

i run the game on medium graphics setting.

Here is my PC configuration.

AMD Eight-Core FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz, Socket AM3+

ASUS M5A97 EVO (Socket AM3+) AMD 970

Asus Xonar DGX Sound Card 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1

Corsair XMS3 Series 2 x 4096MB DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800

HIS ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 256-bit PCI-E 2.1 x16

OS Windows 8 SL 64 Bits

Any information on what i can do to increase performance i will be veryu grateful.

Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

The Geforce 210 is pretty garbage. I would upgrade the graphics card by a long shot. Your processor is decent but would eventually go to dual core later on sometime.

Processor: AMD Sempron 145 processor, 2800 Mhz, 1 principal processor, 1 logic processor

Operative system: windows 7

RAM: 4GB

Current GPU: NVIDIA geforce 210

The game currently runs ok, but it becomes annoying and slow on some areas, also some mobs (when on ops) are invisible and untargeteable for like a minute, and of course i cant pvp because everything freezes and then im dead. I could grab either a Radeon HD 7750 or a NVIDIA geforce 630

what i want to know is if i'll be able to do PvP well, or atleast alot better than currently with the geforce 210. or should i look for a different GPU. or if there's a different part of my PC that is failing