Ranked Gearing

Kirpputori

Greetings,

Could it be possible to have a gear requirement for ranked? After all, it's kinda the NiM version of PvP. You don't see me running into NiM ops in 280 gear just to get daily done and not care about having low gear, so why do that in ranked PvP either. ;)

It doesn't take even that long to get 306 anyways, especially if you are dedicated to grind for the gear, so I don't see it being much of an issue

Opinions, anyone? :)

Yours truly,

Lev-x

It's a sort of tricky issue. On the one hand, everyone is bolstered to 306 stats anyway, so being in 280 gear doesn't technically matter in that sense. However, the person in 280 gear almost certainly doesn't have a set bonus or a good tactical, which is the most important aspect of gearing by far. Also, being in 280 gear speaks to a lack of experience on that class this expansion, and a lack of taking ranked seriously. Like you said, if you really want to come in and succeed in ranked, you're going to put some effort into your gearing before doing so.

All in all, I don't think it would be a bad idea. It would certainly weed out some of the players that don't belong in ranked.

Edited by JediMasterAlex