Leading a Flashpoint?

How, if possible, do you get a group for a flashpoint if you want to lead the flashpoint, (i.e have it be your story). I don't have any friends online, and I cannot join the group finder because I have the Tarval mission active.

You could be on the fleet or a planet and say this: LFG (name of flashpoint) . If you are lv 50-55 be sure to specify if it hard mode or not. Then the group forms but the first person to enter the flashpoint will be the story for that person.

You could be on the fleet or a planet and say this: LFG (name of flashpoint) . If you are lv 50-55 be sure to specify if it hard mode or not. Then the group forms but the first person to enter the flashpoint will be the story for that person.

Eh just to clarify this a bit.

In this situation the phase is listed as the leader of the group's, but what I think the Topic creator wants is for the story to progress via his choices. Which is only possible if you solo the Flashpoint. Because if your in there with 2+ people when a conversation occurs everyone in the flashpoint gets to select one of the options and make a roll of a dice. Highest roll is the one who talks, so TC if you want the story to be your own... You gotta solo it. Otherwise when it comes to light/dark side choices everyone will get the points for their choice (2 lights will get light even if one of the 2 darks wins. And vica versa) but you may not get the actual choice you want to occur.

PS: The only exception to the above is your class story missions, those will ALWAYS be your own chocies and ONLY your choices. It makes everyone else (even same class people that do not have the phase listed as their own) a spectator. They just watch the cutscene play out and when it comes to the conversation choice they get none.

edit;

as for having the mission active, you can abandon the mission by going into your quest log, selecting the mission and hitting the abandon box on the bottom of the log screen.

Edited by ZentheSecond

How, if possible, do you get a group for a flashpoint if you want to lead the flashpoint, (i.e have it be your story). I don't have any friends online, and I cannot join the group finder because I have the Tarval mission active.

there is no difference in the flashpoint if you are the leader or not. being the leader has no effect on the outcome/choices

If you started the Taral V flashpoint earlier, I would recommend just starting it over with a different group. Here's how:

Right click your portrait and select "reset all active flashpoints" (or something like this; it might say phases instead). Then you should be able to queue for group finder. Any progress you made in the flashpoint would be lost.

If for some reason this doesn't work, you can abandon the quest "Taral V [FLASHPOINT]" and try queuing for group finder again. (Don't abandon the quest "Jedi Prisoner" which asks you to complete Taral V.)

---------

If you really don't want to start the flashpoint over, you can ask on fleet: LFG Taral V, or ask on planets around the appropriate level (Balmorra and Quesh most likely). Since group finder, though, most people don't group up this way, so it may take a while (longer than just starting over, I'd guess).

As the poster above me said, there's no great reason to be group leader. It won't make your choices have any more weight; whoever wins the conversation roll gets to choose how the story plays out (and you get your own light/dark points anyway), and players will choose as a group in chat whether to do the bonus or whatever. Not going through group finder and being group leader would just give you sole control over whether anyone is kicked from the group.