Increasing Desync and Instance Lag, anything being done about it?

Hellhog

This has been a growing issue in the past weeks more so than ever and has been really affecting the quality of this game lately. There are two main issues and I've not seen any discussion from BioWare on this in the dev tracker so I'm not sure if they're aware or if they are, if they are trying to fix the issues. I'm assuming it has something to do with the new datacenters and possibly with the net coding or some kind of memory leak.

Since 5.0 released the character desync has really gotten out of control. As someone that plays a melee more than not (and of that being one with a positional requirement), I really see the full force of this desync issue. In PvP for example on Quesh Huttball, when someone speed boosts up the ramp on the lowest level they seemingly disappear for a few seconds outright before showing up again 20 meters or so from the last spot you saw them. In operations, I've had issues with character position or the game being confused about my position. For example, I could be standing behind Ciphas on Dread Guards when he is shielding Heirad yet it won't let me Maul even though I've jumped in place to force a position reset. I've seen Tyrans fall through the floor many times and the only way to fix it is to attempt to move him platform wise. I've had Tyrans and Brontes teleport on the Dread Council encounter to different spots visually than where the server thinks they are. The unfortunate part is in order to use abilities, you have to not just meet the server position requirement but also the desynced positional requirement.

Another issue that has been a growing concern since 5.2 released is instance lag after multiple attempts at the same operation boss encounter. There's an easy but annoying work around to the issue which is to leave and re-enter the instance. But this can be problematic for timed run attempts or 16 person groups (had the leader passed lead, since it can cause people to re-enter the phase but in a different instance number). I've seen this occur in quite a few different operations. I've seen after multiple failed attempts at Dread Guards and Colossal Monolith where the game feels a little bogged down. After leaving and re-entering it feels much smoother to play. But the biggest issue for most people I've played with has been the Dread Palace fight at Calphayus and beyond. Once you make it through the portals (most notably for me at least once orbs spawn in the second future) the game starts to slow down considerably, it becomes very choppy, and difficult to play at times at your best. I've seen it happen in the Raptus encounter as well. One wipe the other day in a 16 man instance and my framerate (at minimum settings running at a downscaled resolution) went from 40+ on average to only about 10 according to the indicator in the bottom left. Of course, the actual framerate seemed even lower in the single digits or at times just felt like a freeze. The Council fight itself gets obscenely bad during the burn when the masters gather in the middle.

I don't remember these being common issue prior to this year when playing. It's becoming more and more frustrating and hurting the enjoyment I have when playing Operations and I'm sure for many others. I fear they may deter people from doing some Operations if the problem continues to grow. Is there any work being done to try and find the cause of these issues and potentially resolve them in the near future?