People who ninja for their companions

xhaiquan

On Tarris group of 16 level 32-37 take down ancient one world boss.

3 agents in group. A nice purple protype drops clearly meant for agents. All roll need.

A sith assasin also rolls need and wins, saying he needed it for his companion.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 agents in group. A nice purple protype drops clearly meant for agents. All roll need.

It's not a ninja if he can use it including the companion. Companions are part of the game so you might want to just get used to that fact. I know I won't hesitate even for a second to need on a item for my companions.

Join a guild, never PuG anything, profit.

To ninja is to take an item that you cannot use, did not legitimately earn, or take without allowing other players the chance to win said item. Since companions are part of your overall character, the person who won played his part in the instance, and you had the opportunity to win the item via roll, your situation is not a ninja situation.

O.o

Edited by Marlaine

It's not a ninja if he can use it including the companion. Companions are part of the game so you might want to just get used to that fact. I know I won't hesitate even for a second to need on a item for my companions.

So since everyone gets companions that use the various combinations of stats by your logic everyone should roll need on everything.

You, sir, are the reason why I don't PuG.

He won the roll, how is that ninja'ing? It's not like you said "roll greed on everything" and he waited until you all chose Greed then rolled Need on it.

So since everyone gets companions that use the various combinations of stats by your logic everyone should roll need on everything.

Don't forget about alts as well. A companion is barely a step away from an alt.

I agree this is an issue. Most people only have one primary companion, but of course people can use the excuse above to take anything.

lol. The loot system is so retarded in this game. Wait until you do normal mode operations. You can't even masterloot. Loot is just randomly assigned to people and it's not tradeable.

Normal Ops are meant to be PuGable, and that random loot system does stop people from ninja pieces from a boss. You can use masterloot in hard and nightmare modes as the gear is much better.

He didn't ninja it, unless your group specifically defined what need was going to be ahead of time. He just upset you because his determination of need was different than yours. The group leader needs to be move thorough in the future defining the rules.

Sounds good to me, if you want to blame anyone blame Bioware for making companions have gear. Just remove the option to roll anything but need since I'll roll need every time anyway.

He didn't ninja it, unless your group specifically defined what need was going to be ahead of time. He just upset you because his determination of need was different than yours. The group leader needs to be move thorough in the future defining the rules.

I'm not upset. I am a sith marauder and passed on the items, even though my companions COULD have used them, the people who were set were the players who could have used thei tems for themselves

I'm not upset. I am a sith marauder and passed on the items, even though my companions COULD have used them, the people who were set were the players who could have used thei tems for themselves

You know, I support rolling need for companions, but I as well roll greed instead. This is only because it's conditioned in me from all my years in wow. We all need to come around to the fact that bioware clearly considers companions to be a part of your character. If they wanted companion-only equipment they would have included it. If they didn't want us getting upgrades for our companions they would not have balanced the game around companions being with us while questing.

Sometimes we simply have to accept a new reality rather than trying to hold on to outdated ideals and behaviors.

You must have a lot of friends.

I do, when I play with friends we communicate and set loot and other items before we even start so we have zero confusion. You were in a pug ... it's free game. You should have set loot rules before the first pull. Don't go running to the forums just because things didn't go your way. Deal with it.

Sometimes we simply have to accept a new reality rather than trying to hold on to outdated ideals and behaviors.

I think it may come to that.

The problem is most people here only look at it from the stand point of WoW, in which the "Roll need if you will wear it right now" makes sense.

Here it's not at all the same thing. It's quite possible to make a rational logical argument on rolling need for a companions gear since they do actually effect how you play the game. Kira with a better saber so she does more DPS will have an impact on my game play as a Guardian...

Even the right now part can still be followed, if I equip it to the companion I have with me, if I have one. If I'm doing a heroic 2+ or even 4+ and someone has a companion out, they can make the argument the companion helped kill that boss and has rights to the loot.

I know not everyone will agree with that, and everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but in this game, the idea that loot has to be limited to the character is an opinion, and not one everyone shares.

The only answer is to make sure everyone knows what the loot rules are and agrees to them before you start.

This guy has it right! I will call anyone a ninja who rolls need for a companion. We all have companions that fill all the roles, so therefore everyone should roll need on every piece of gear that drops. Makes NO sense!

ahh, ok.

Well next time make sure the group leader is a bit more vigilant on defining how the need is going to be defined before leaving for an adventure.

so that if you roll for yourself, you couldn't actually give it to your companion after that.

That's a bad idea...

Everyone gets at least one companion that wears the same gear as them, so if they did that I couldn't give my companion my hand-me-downs.