Chat bug?

oveyonkanobie

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update: We have deployed the chat fix to all of our servers, the disconnecting issues which were happening yesterday should now be resolved. If you are still seeing these issues, please let us know. It is important that if you are seeing this issue that you specify what you are seeing and what server you are on.

Thank you all for your patience while we worked to address the issue.

-eric

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Quick update: We have deployed the chat fix to all of our servers, the disconnecting issues which were happening yesterday should now be resolved. If you are still seeing these issues, please let us know. It is important that if you are seeing this issue that you specify what you are seeing and what server you are on.

-eric

While the chat issues seem to be resolved in the Lfg channel on T3-M4, there are two undocumented changes related to the chat with 2.7.1. I was first assuming that they were related to the chat issues but they still occur. Please check whether or not these changes are intended or not, and fix them if they are not intended:

Edited by Jerba

Disconnecting does not appear to be resolved. I am getting massive spikes of server lag that last for a few minutes at a time and I have seen multiple people on my server (Begeren Colony) complaining about the same issue. I can't really do anything in game right now, because every few minutes I'll get another spike.

Hey folks,

-eric

That bug still persists on Progenitor. Appears like it's about in 15 minutes-intervals of working and not working each.

Edited by Sirolar

Its still happening on the The Proginator (server spelling maybe wrong but its the english rp server in europe) some of my guild cant see say, some can, but no one can see what the other faction says in say, which is kinda messed up consdiering its a RP serever and we had planned a cross faction even tonight for NS. Completely ruined it.

Disconnecting does not appear to be resolved. I am getting massive spikes of server lag that last for a few minutes at a time and I have seen multiple people on my server (Begeren Colony) complaining about the same issue. I can't really do anything in game right now, because every few minutes I'll get another spike.

Exactly the same here on The Bastion. Started when I first logged on around 8am PT and it's still happening as of a few mins ago. Not a lot of ppl in chat seem to respond saying they've been affected but some have. These two issues obviously have to be related and they started after the patch.

I hope they revisit this issue because it's clearly still borked.

/say chat is not working on Jung Ma for groups larger than about 8. Too many characters in a region shuts it down. However, the opposing faction can see the enemy's /say, just not their own.

/em works and does not seem to be broken

Please fix!!

It's better than it was, but still broken. Completely reset all my channels upon fix, so luckily I remembered pws. Now I'm losing channels on reload of chars rather than having channels remembered.

Still broken on Ebon Hawk as well.

Emotes, custom channels, and guild chat seem to work, but /say is still very, very broken.

Quitting and re-launching the game doesn't make a difference.

Still broken!

Tried to go through with an RP event and only 1 person could see the other faction's chat, and they could see ours but not their own, and neither could we. Thank goodness that I had mumble open for my guys to read what was being said to us... still, such a pain in the rear end! :confused:

Progenitor Server, bug still there.

We were, at the same room, 4 republic characters and one imperial. Chat was working fine.

When another imp walked in, it broke. When they walked out, it fixed. This happened a couple of times before breaking completely and not fixing. When we walked out of that room and moved to a distance where /say wouldn't be normally heard, it worked again.

Logged out in frustration at that point, and switched over to level an alt. Please, fix this soon :)

I was RPing last night (The Ebon Hawk server) and /say was all messed up. Anything more than a sentence wouldn't be visible to anyone, including the poster. It was pretty simple to work around, just post in smaller chunks, but it was still annoying to deal with.

I know we havent heard anything, but just pm'ed both eric and tait in hope of getting a response to this, and bringing it to their attention if its not already there. But we really cant go on like this as its killing RP on RP servers and we need a fix hopefully before the next scheduled patch in 2 weeks

I suggest at this point that whenever it is discovered a new post needs to be made on the customer service forum. Every time. That seems to be the only way to get actual attention to the issue. On an RP server this is the worst kind of bug.