Laying the Trap/The Padawan story quest bugged?

silverrex

**********Act 2 story spoilers for Sith Assassin below!!!!!***********

OK ive been trying to do this quest all night and nothing seems to work. Basically theres a class quest for the Sith Assassin at the start of Act 2 which ends with you getting a jedi padawan companion.

The first quest "The Padawan" starts with you heading out to get a sith holocron to use as a bribe to get a bunch of assassins to attack the republic base. Ive completed this part and received the next quest.

This quest is called "Laying the Trap" and the objective is to attack a group of republic troops and steal a republic holocom.

Does anyone know how to complete the "Laying the Trap" quest? Is it bugged?

Every time i reset the quest and start over the marker on my map disappears and i am not able to get the republic holocom. I know where to go to attack the republic troops but no one drops the holocom.

Also my personal holocom indicator is always on now while im doing these quests. Both objectives for Laying the Trap and The Padawan quests on my main screen (not the quest menu) says Use your personal holocom, but every time i use mine it plays the same conversation over and over.....basically telling me to take the sith holocron to the guy from the last quest i did.

I cant progress my story any further until i can complete these quests, please help! Anyone!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I did this last night. It works fine.

I'm assuming based on earlier dialogue choices in the quest there are a couple of possible "routes" to this quest. When in an earlier dialogue with the Imperial Contract Zash provides, I decided I would show her I had faith in her power (As opposed to prey on her insecurities).

Fast forward to Laying the Trap, go to the map location, and there is a single guard standing in a tent, who is holding a holo communicator and using it, also has about 2k more HP than the rest of the trash there, and has a different name.

He drops it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Ok, I just got my drop off of a Republic Armsmaster, a silver mob located underneath the tunnel thing right next to the camp. I had trouble finding him for a while which is how I found this thread, was killing mobs for about 25 mins. Then stumbled across him and got it first kill. hope this helps! Edited by Locktbh

• 7 years later...

I realize this is an old thread but I was having the problem as well, and it wasn't on some table like everyone seemed to suggest. The final post in this thread is what finally lead me to it.

Ok, I just got my drop off of a Republic Armsmaster, a silver mob located underneath the tunnel thing right next to the camp. I had trouble finding him for a while which is how I found this thread, was killing mobs for about 25 mins. Then stumbled across him and got it first kill. hope this helps!

And here's some pictures of the location to help you zero in on the exact location:

https://i.imgur.com/agxW6DH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ySaacFa.jpg